What Model Feels Closest To An Analog Cig?

Based on online reviews, I got a Greensmoke starter kit for my GF and myself. It isn't awful, tastes reasonably good, but battery life is crap, and it has a very "light" feel.

We smoked Marlboro reds, and are transitioning over to E-Cigs.

Is there another model that produces heavier vapor, closer to the feel of a real cig? I think I could get used to these, but they were expensive, and not quite living up to expectations. There is a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, so if I can find something with a more "realistic" feel, I can return them and get back my 200 bucks.

Any suggestions, or is this about as good as it gets?

Sorry if this is a repost, I tried to search, but couldn't turn anything up.

My first choice is the 510. any of the suppliers carry this model. if you start with the 510 kit--it's good to get a couple extra batteries, atomizers and liquid.

if budget allows the PCC (personal charger)--charges a 510 while you are on the go.

next would be the 510 passthrough.

overall the 510 provides vapor and throat hit, great for leaving cigarettes behind.

i would go with the 510! they are awesome! the battery life is pretty good. i get about 2 hours of constant vaping out of it. and more if you dont use it constantly. and get a manual battery! cause they last longer also. and wont fire in your pocket. and if you are not at home alot i suggest getting the PCC. i got my kit from. e-cigexpress.com and they have great customer service and good prices. hope this helps as you can see everyone likes the 510.

Definately a 510 or eGo. Not sure how the batts on the Greensmoke are, but honestly, I did good to get 2 hours on a regular 510 battery. If you really want great battery life, check into an eGo. Also, since you smoked Reds, you'll probably want to make sure you get 24mg juice. The 510 with 24mg juice will give you a really good throat hit.

that's good to hear.

I just ordered a 510 with a PCC this morning...

I'm a 1 pack a day smoker.

I'm hoping the 510 route will do the trick. at the very least get off the analogs.

purchased a e-health cigarette at my local store a few days ago but it doesn't taste too good and it doesn't produce enough vapor to satisfy.

I'm reaching back to my analogs at the moment.

the 510 should be here in a few days... cant' wait! :thumbsup:

the 510 should be here in a few days... cant' wait! :thumbsup:

Welcome. To you and the thread initiator and everyone else, don't ever worry about falling back a little. Figure out why, come ask for help and get back on the horse. The beauty of this as opposed to a quit routine is it is a wonderful healthy (IMO) substitute. It should be relatively painless and stress free unlike all the other options of quitting. They always failed for me because they set up a stressful and anxious environment, I was always worried about "failing" so what was the one thing I really wanted to make myself feel better while trying to quit smoking, yup, a cigarette. And I always gave in.

Plenty of folks here still have a couple or so during the day, first one in the morning, last one at night, after a meal (etc). Everyone will still go yeah if you can get down to a few, goal is none but first goal should be to see how many you can replace and then let it flow from there. Apologies for the hijack...

Welcome. To you and the thread initiator and everyone else, don't ever worry about falling back a little. Figure out why, come ask for help and get back on the horse. The beauty of this as opposed to a quit routine is it is a wonderful healthy (IMO) substitute. It should be relatively painless and stress free unlike all the other options of quitting. They always failed for me because they set up a stressful and anxious environment, I was always worried about "failing" so what was the one thing I really wanted to make myself feel better while trying to quit smoking, yup, a cigarette. And I always gave in.

Plenty of folks here still have a couple or so during the day, first one in the morning, last one at night, after a meal (etc). Everyone will still go yeah if you can get down to a few, goal is none but first goal should be to see how many you can replace and then let it flow from there. Apologies for the hijack...

thank you for the post and encouragement.

I tried many ways to quit in the past but non have worked.

always felt like a big failure/looser for giving in in the end.

when I found out about ecigs, it was like finding a light at the end of the tunnel. I could not believe such thing existed.

I hope this is it.

Not looking for immediate results but, as you say, even if it helps me cut down without the usual stress of quitting, it would be a big win.

after looking around the forum, reading up on things, going on the chat room, ect. this all sound fantastic, seems to work, and at the same time everyone sounds like they are having a blast.

in a word, awesome. :D

my apologies for hijacking the thread as well. :sweat:

My 510 should be here in a couple days. I ordered it (and PCC), along with a couple different flavors of VG fluid from Cignot. It'll hopefully be here on Monday or Tuesday!

As time goes on I'm less impressed with these greensmoke units. There little refill cartridges are NOT lasting as long as a pack of analog cigs, like they advertise. Pulling the rubber cap on the end and looking in, they look a bit under-filled :-/. The filling material is almost entirely white, with a few little streaks of brown, and does not look particularly moist.

I have no doubt that you will be much more impressed with the 510. It has always been my go to device. I was frustrated with the battery life and moved on to the eGo battery and am now quite happy with the battery life. The eGo battery is a bit wider, but it is a perfect fit in my hand. I just love it!

I loved your comment about the light at the end of the tunnel. That's exactly how I felt when I first heard about vaping just over 7 months ago. And it worked for me. I, too, tried several ways to quit and nothing worked or satisfied me until I started vaping. I've been smoke free for just over 7 months now and I'm still loving it. I smoked for 34 years and never would have thought quitting could be so easy, but with this, it is. I quit immediately and had no problems with it, but some people have taken just a little longer. It's all okay. As long as you set you mind to what you want, it will happen sooner or later. You might be surprised how quickly it all comes together.

Good luck and keep us updated on how it's going. And don't be shy about asking questions. We all love to answer (or just talk a lot) and we love to help.

• 3 weeks later...

I started out using the M401 Dragon from truesmoker and found that i had to go back to analogs to get that satisfaction. I used it for about 2 months and i didnt think it got any better than this and i felt like crap. Then i ran into Vapor Talk Forum on google and learned about the 510 and i will have to agree that buying the 510 is the best decision i have ever made. Definitely leaves me feeling satified and sometimes i even over due it a little bit. But now i feel so much better without the analogs and i also feel so much better about myself. You CANNOT go wrong with the 510. I recently bought the eGo and started using the eGo with a Low resistance atty in my oppinion that is the best bang for your buck you can get. You will like the 510 no doubt but wanna try somewhat what 5 volts is like pick up a ego battery, cone, charger, and LR atty and go to town i think you would definitely like that setup as im sure alot of people on here will agree. Even now every once and a while i find myself smoking an analog, my fiance doesnt really like the ecig thing so she still smokes analogs one less analog a day is a start. Everyone here has been really great at supporting me with quitting and we all will do the same with you. Even after a couple weeks i felt so much better i could breath better and smell things i couldnt before, plus my tastes buds are finally coming back things taste so much better. You should feel really good about yourself you made a good decision in trying the in my oppinion #1 way to leave the analogs behind. Any questions please feel free to pm me. Good luck