What Suppliers Have To Put Up With From Some Folks !

My 2 cents in here...

I have been a custmer of all 3 suppliers since September of 2009.

Vaprlife: I ordered up a VP1 from a friend here on the forum, got it, loved it. It's what got me off of the smokes. I loved it soo much, I bought one for my mom and my brother. They got smoke free thanks to the VP1's as well. From that point, it was on to the VP2's. I ordered mine from Vaprlife, my brother got his from DIETSMOKES. I have emailed Vaprlife at least 20 times in regards to various questions, orders, advice, and just to say hello. NOT ONCE have I had a dealing with MY FRIENDS there that has been anything but WONDERFUL & ENJOYABLE! I can't even believe that anyone would have an interaction of that manner with them.. They have bent themselves in half for me and my family, more than once.

Dietsmokes: I have ordered from DS more times than I can count, and I will continue to do business with DS for the long ahead future. DS is straight up, and if something ain't right, they'll make it right. Give respect and you will get it. Parked does.....

VaporTalk Store: This lady & gentlemen will do just about anything to satisfy their customers, and their only motive is to make a success story of your smoke free future. It is not unknown for them to send out units to those who are stuck without due to money issues, being out of state, stranded etc. and mind you out of their own pocket!

I managed e-based mailorder & retail store for 5 years, and dealt with these nutso's myself, and for these customers to swear at, threaten, or act like animals to my friends and supporters really just pisses me off. These people are old enough to vape, but still haven't grown up. Now that's a bloody shame...

Edited by Hawk

Hello again Everyone-

Thought we would just try to clear things up here a bit

regarding what had actually transpired with "John Doe"-

Basically, what happened was this.....

"John Doe" contacted VaprLife in regards to an issue with his unit-

which was nearly (3) months out-of-warranty.

We sent a very nice email to him, in which it was explained to him

that there was no problem repairing his unit-

However- since it was was already out-of-warranty-

he would need to purchase our repair service in order to have it fixed..

The cost for our repair service is:

$34.95 which also includes the cost of priority shipping back to the owner.

This individual then expected VaprLife to spend time emailing him, in order to convince him

as to why it would be worth his while to purchase our repair service for his out-of-warranty unit.

In the meantime- while waiting for our response-

"John Doe" then proceeded to go on another forum and launch a nasty verbal tirade

about our products- calling them "USA MADE JUNK"- after which he attempted

to scold VaprLife, DietSmokes, and The Vapor Talk Store - saying that we

should all "be ashamed of ourselves"-(not sure about what- but okay......)

And he did all of this- WHILE still expecting us to repair his unit for free-

despite the fact it was already out-of-warranty.

Naturally - we refused to do business with a bully-

at which point he sent the following email message:

"Thanks for the response. I will now be contacting the consumer protection division of the office of Andrew Cuomo(NY State Attorney General) as well as the BBB of Upstate NY.

Believe me, the shame(and legal liability) is YOURS using "USA Made" as a advertising gimmick to sell such a shoddy, uncertified electrical device, then offer to "repair service" such product, after it dangerously fails for 6 times what it is worth; Then trying to use an open, public forum posting to deny said "repair service"; the shame is definitely yours. I'm sure your product liability insurance provider, if you have one, does not approve. I will also be forwarding this to your business partners. I've tried to be open and fair about this whole thing until I actually took apart the unit and saw the completely dangerous and shoddy production for myself. Any further communication from you will be deemed harassment at this point. And I have saved the entire email string. I've, at this point had it with being ripped by unregulated, unlicensed, non FCC certified e-cig "modders", manufacturers and distributors. Good Day."

Hopefully- with this posting any misconception about what may have transpired in regards to "John Doe" will finally be put to rest.

Time to move on, we think- Good Night Everyone:-:closed:

VaprLife

Sorry for the confusion :wallbash:

Parked

no problem Parked...my fault for not really looking through it...

SickDripzz - the order of the notes was really this:

WOW!!! Pride in American Made??? NOT!!!

I just learned a powerful lesson a minute ago. This will be the last time I pay any kind of premium for "USA made" junk. Prompted by WillyB's switch post, I just took apart my malfunctioning $80 Vaprlife VP PT. Dietsmoke's, Vaprlife and Vaportalkstore; you should all be ashamed of yourselves. There cannot be more then , LITERALLY, $6 worth of components(especially at wholesale cost) in the whole device. It's a USB wire(surrounded by a tightened, cut-off, twist-tie so it doesn't pull through the plastic casing) , an LED, a cheap tact switch, and an 801 atty connector all held in the cheap metal/plastic case by a tiny hex screw.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Eighty dollars, EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!!! down the drain. & they want another $40(with shipping) to fix it(i.e. replace a $1.79 retail tact switch).

Never again.

GO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone ever spends a premium again for a passthru just because it's USA made, you should have your head examined."

Then this:

joh doe-

If this is what you think of VaprLife products-

then you obviously have no need to business with us.

Please be so kind as to take your business elsewhere-

.....preferably to China- and the shame.... is yours.

It was simply posted as it was received with the reply preceding the post. Definitely a rude post from the customer.

Edited by FTJoe

This is painful guys, and I feel for you vendors. I know these people are out there but fortunately they're few enough that most of us never have to interact with them. My feeling about this issue is nicely captured by a quote from a character in one of my favorite books (and movie), Watchmen. Rorschach says, "You know what I wish? I wish all the scum of the Earth had one throat and I had my hands about it."

I have from time to time worked retail. I have found that working with the public can be rewarding, however from time to time you will run into the asshat. It's frustrating but it goes with the territory. I myself purchaed a vypr from VaprLife and have found it to be a well made dependable unit. I bought it understanding the 90 day warranty. Iknow that if it fails within 90 days they will fix it. If it fails on day 92, it's still going to be repaired but at my cost. Not too hard to understand. I love my Vypr and would/will buy again from them. They are good people with a great product.

I have been in sales for over 40 years now....do I ever get a difficult customer HELL yes would I ever go on to a public forum that is full of my customers and or potential customers and complain about one of them HELL NO. If you want to be in the business of dealing with the public you have to suck it up and take the good with the bad. If you feel the need to complain about a customer phone Chris or one of your buddies but don't do it to other customers. In my opinion.....did you do anything wrong, probably not except for posting it here.

I have been in sales for over 40 years now....do I ever get a difficult customer HELL yes would I ever go on to a public forum that is full of my customers and or potential customers and complain about one of them HELL NO. If you want to be in the business of dealing with the public you have to suck it up and take the good with the bad. If you feel the need to complain about a customer phone Chris or one of your buddies but don't do it to other customers. In my opinion.....did you do anything wrong, probably not except for posting it here.

Carguy50 you are absolutely right. I can almost guarantee this thread lost them some potential customers, even if you agree with what is being said, you can't help but notice the quick escalation of the conflict by both parties. No one is really in the right here in my opinion.

My .02 ---

I too make my living selling a product.

I have also dealt with that customer that could NEVER be pleased... no matter how far I bent over backwards for them. I also don't think that this is the place to complain about how a customer was behaving... even if it's not right! Don't get me wrong here either... his warranty period was over. Simple as that. But I still don't think that this is the correct way to handle the problem. It should only have been between the customer and the seller... not a public viewing. After all... no matter what you are in the business of selling... if you are dealing with people, you will always have the ones that are unpleasant to deal with... that, my friends, is part of the business you are in. It was in situations like this that I have wished that the best way would have been to take it in the a%$ and make the ******* customer happy.... as painful as it would have been. Word spreads too quickly these days, and that isn't always the best thing for my business.

Edited by DAYVAPE