New Review

As it happens, just today I got my 510 from TrueSmoker, and I have to confirm C&S's take on the thing. Yes, it's small (advantage: you can sneak a puff in a restaurant when you don't want to deal with explaining the device to the tight-assed wait who comes up to chastise you if you're puffing on a super-mini)... but it's mighty (yes, it vapes REALLY well... easy draw like a penstyle, good throat hit, plenty of vapor). Sleek and sexy with a blue headlight, it looks very well-made. The manual switch is definitely the way to go with this thing. Unless they figure a way to totally isolate an auto-switch from over-juicing, I suspect it will go the way of the dinosaur. I like to control my atty with my thumb, thank you.

Kinda wish the 501 had a whistle mouthpiece like a 901, though. And I'm not convinced it produces vapor as heavily as a well-tempered 801 penstyle, but it comes close.

Now, the charging thing. Most e-cigs I've seen recommend you go for a very long initial charge, after which you can use a batt as soon as the charger light goes green. But the 510 is VERY specific about the initial charging procedure: charge non-stop for 8 hours, vape for 20 minutes, then charge again for one hour. After this, use as usual. Don't know why the thing requires this precise sequence of events, but I figure what the hell. I charged the first battery as per the instructions, and tomorrow plan to do the same with the second batt.

A passthru will definitely be a plus, though when I'm puting, I prefer the larger juice capacity of an 801, anyway (the 501 has a cart capacity similar to a 901). I've got a penstyle passthru, and I can keep puting without having to stop my chain of thought and top off so often.

Auxiliary atomizer: A+. All e-cigs should come with an extra atty, IMHO.

The smaller presentation box is nice... sturdy, attractive, but clearly cheaper to make than the gaudy boxes some e-cigs come in, which should help keep purchase price reasonable.

So altogether -- the 510 seems to be a real workhorse e-cig. I'm a guitar player by trade, so the 510 kinda reminds me of a Fender Telecaster -- built to work hard without too much glitz.

And maybe this didn't happen for everybody... but TrueSmoker included a 2oz branded bag of coffee with my order! Now that's value-added service!! I'll report on the coffee later when I run through my Starbucks and crack the bag. Nice touch, TS.

Love the review!

Over a period of 19 hours of constant vaping, I went through 5 fully charged manual LED batteries and that averages to about 3.8 hours per battery. I get really good battery life out of my 510 batts.

Great review guys thanks I am proud to be the first green screen review lol....

Man these 510's need to get here already. lol

Keep up the great work Chris and Sean and thanks for the review it rocks...

Glad you guys all enjoy the review we have another video on it's way, but it's just a blog. A time for us to blab about nothing :lol:

We also have a review of the DSE901 and the Janty Stick I hope to get that done in the next couple of days, editing takes FORVER

I still stand by the fact that the 501 creates more vapor than the Penstyle BUT then Penstyle's vapor tends to be a bit thicker.