Worst Thing I've Even Written To Date...

Well I am new to Vaping and new to Vaping forums, and I must say, writing down here and seeing the statistics that I am a 30+ year smoker, true that its been on and off but still. I have never seen myself write that, and its harsh and disturbing. And yeah how did I get this old, lol!

I have only have my Vapor for a 2 weeks or so, but this is it, I'm done with the real thing. Reading what I wrote here, about the length of my habit, seals the deal....I hope.

in the past, in many stressful times of my life, the first thing I would do is buy cigarettes! I would walk run pay someone to get them for me, anything to get a hold of some. It really is a sickness....or lets say addiction.

But the strange thing is, I could go months without one, until I am triggered. And then its smoke-out time!

Thanks for listening to me, ramble on, good song verse by the way.

Ya know, it's funny, I had to do the same thing.,and tallying up all the years and counting the actual cigs when you break it down to cigs per pack was quite the wake up call.

Stepping up and 'being done' as you put it with analogs is a HUGE step in the right direction. Since you've only been vaping for a few weeks, you have lots more indicators to come that will show you that your choice to vape is a good one. You'll breathe a whole lot better, food tastes better (to me at least), able to do more without being out of breath, better smelling house, clothes and car...etc, etc.

Keep it up EventVapor, we're all behind you! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the 2 weeks. Even one day is the start in the right direction.

Don't be afraid to ask questions as these folks here are really great.

So keep up the good work.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to hear you're finally taking the plunge and converting! You're body and mind will thank you! If you have any questions feel free to post here!

Welcome EV! It's great to have you at Vapor Talk. I know what you mean too, about seeing in print how much and how long you've smoked; that is indeed a wake-up call! You're on the right path.

While we don't know yet whether you'll be a vaper like you were a smoker, occasionally going long periods without vaping, I would suggest that when you find yourself going for a long time between uses that you get in the habit of keeping your batteries topped off. I honestly don't know how long they'll store a charge, but the last thing you'd want is to pick up your device after a couple of months, and have all dead batteries! ;)

Welcome again and ask all your questions whenever you like. Vape on!

Thank you for the welcomes!

I have not had a cigarette since I received my Vapor! YaY!

And I seem to Vape more often on a daily basis then I smoked, I think because it does NOT stink! Even I as the smoker, thinks the real things stink.

The Vapor is just so easy, to lets say "get my needs met"!

Edited by EventVapor

Well I am new to Vaping and new to Vaping forums, and I must say, writing down here and seeing the statistics that I am a 30+ year smoker, true that its been on and off but still. I have never seen myself write that, and its harsh and disturbing. And yeah how did I get this old, lol!

I have only have my Vapor for a 2 weeks or so, but this is it, I'm done with the real thing. Reading what I wrote here, about the length of my habit, seals the deal....I hope.

in the past, in many stressful times of my life, the first thing I would do is buy cigarettes! I would walk run pay someone to get them for me, anything to get a hold of some. It really is a sickness....or lets say addiction.

But the strange thing is, I could go months without one, until I am triggered. And then its smoke-out time!

Thanks for listening to me, ramble on, good song verse by the way.

Yes..."harsh and disturbing" is right! I felt that also as I acknowledged here I have been a 35 year smoker. I got my ecig kit back in Dec '09, and came here to ask questions. People here are very helpful and encouraging.

I've also discovered that the ecig is not nearly as "addictive" as tobacco (analogs). I conclude from this, that though harsh and disturbing to realize, we smokers have been subject to a conspiracy by tobacco companies to keep us addicted. I truly feel, after a lifetime of struggle to "quit" that there is something extra/addictive added to tobacco to keep us coming back for more, and to defeat any attempt to quit. I hope you find, as I have, that the ecig is not nearly so addictive. It has given me freedom to choose. I can let it go for days if I choose to .... and this, coming from someone who could NEVER have done this with tobacco.

Patty :animier:

Yes..."harsh and disturbing" is right! I felt that also as I acknowledged here I have been a 35 year smoker. I got my ecig kit back in Dec '09, and came here to ask questions. People here are very helpful and encouraging.

I've also discovered that the ecig is not nearly as "addictive" as tobacco (analogs). I conclude from this, that though harsh and disturbing to realize, we smokers have been subject to a conspiracy by tobacco companies to keep us addicted. I truly feel, after a lifetime of struggle to "quit" that there is something extra/addictive added to tobacco to keep us coming back for more, and to defeat any attempt to quit. I hope you find, as I have, that the ecig is not nearly so addictive. It has given me freedom to choose. I can let it go for days if I choose to .... and this, coming from someone who could NEVER have done this with tobacco.

Patty :animier:

Yes, I agree the Ecigs are not as addictive, The real ciggies have so many more things in them, to become addicted too. The ecigs are lighter, and go down way easier.

Of course if the real thing (did not stink, and was not a cancer stick) I'd still be happily puffing away!