Can't Decide On A Product

stormchas3r

I have just got into vaping yesterday, and want to get off the analogs. So I purchased a puresmoke kit from a local cigar store. After I purchased it, I found this site, and realized there are so much more better products. I am a person that usually wants the best of the best. What do you think is better, the Janty eGo, or the Vypr? Do both of them have dripping capabilities instead of using a cart? When you buy a kit of one of them, do they come with liquid?

Any insight would be great for this noob to vaping.

Rob

I have just got into vaping yesterday, and want to get off the analogs. So I purchased a puresmoke kit from a local cigar store. After I purchased it, I found this site, and realized there are so much more better products. I am a person that usually wants the best of the best. What do you think is better, the Janty eGo, or the Vypr? Do both of them have dripping capabilities instead of using a cart? When you buy a kit of one of them, do they come with liquid?

Rob

I haven't used either unit, but I have used the VP1 as well as the Spade from Vaprlife and both are solid mods. I imagine the Vypr is pretty similar. Lot's of people love their Janty eGos too. I think you'd be happy with either one. Vypr at least uses standard 14500 batts that are cheap to replace when needed, the eGo battery is built into the switch and atomizer connection, so when it goes you have to replace it all.

Rob

Rob,

I think you have found an excellent forum to ask questions and get info. About a week ago I found this forum and have had a wealth of infomation at my fingertips and the people here are very helpful and friendly.

I am two weeks into vaping. I started with a two part vaporizer ( SmokeTip brand) and was happy to lose the cigarettes but I was not happy with the peformance of the vaporizer. I found this forum and after asking questions here and reading product reviews I bought a 510 Tornado from Totally Wicked. It may not be the best of the best, although you would have to work long and hard to convince me that it not. The vapor production is very very good, the battery life is excellent. The Tornado is versitile ( you can use the cartridges or direct drip). So from one noob to another I recommend the 510 Tornado.

As for Liquids I have dealt with 99vapors,Totally Wicked, and Viking Vapors. All three have good Liquids and excellent customer service. As for which Liquid is better than the other. That is personal prefrence so if anyone tells you that Brand X Flavor Y is the ONE TRUE JUICE dont believe them, experiment and find what pleases you. I started off thinking that all I wanted was Tobacco Flavors becase I was replacing my nasty smoking habit but after a week or so I found that there was a slight sweet aftertaste that I liked.That was the beginning of my trying, and enjoying, other flavors other than Tobacco.

I hope this was helpful. I thought I would share my lessons learned. I am not saying that I am some sort of expert just another noob who is just a week or so ahead of you. Your mileage may vary.

Rob,

I think you have found an excellent forum to ask questions and get info. About a week ago I found this forum and have had a wealth of infomation at my fingertips and the people here are very helpful and friendly.

I am two weeks into vaping. I started with a two part vaporizer ( SmokeTip brand) and was happy to lose the cigarettes but I was not happy with the peformance of the vaporizer. I found this forum and after asking questions here and reading product reviews I bought a 510 Tornado from Totally Wicked. It may not be the best of the best, although you would have to work long and hard to convince me that it not. The vapor production is very very good, the battery life is excellent. The Tornado is versitile ( you can use the cartridges or direct drip). So from one noob to another I recommend the 510 Tornado.

As for Liquids I have dealt with 99vapors,Totally Wicked, and Viking Vapors. All three have good Liquids and excellent customer service. As for which Liquid is better than the other. That is personal prefrence so if anyone tells you that Brand X Flavor Y is the ONE TRUE JUICE dont believe them, experiment and find what pleases you. I started off thinking that all I wanted was Tobacco Flavors becase I was replacing my nasty smoking habit but after a week or so I found that there was a slight sweet aftertaste that I liked.That was the beginning of my trying, and enjoying, other flavors other than Tobacco.

I hope this was helpful. I thought I would share my lessons learned. I am not saying that I am some sort of expert just another noob who is just a week or so ahead of you. Your mileage may vary.

I greatly appreciate the feedback. Everyone here is so nice and full of information. I will definitley look at the tornado.

Hi Rob. The tornado is the exact same thing as the eGo - just a different name. I have both. I got the eGo batteries to begin with, but when I bought more for backups, I got the tornado. I absolutely love it.

I don't have the Vypr so can't tell you which one is better. The VP2 uses the 14500 battery and since I've used that one (with the 510 atty), I can tell you that it and the eGo are very, very close in vapor production. I do believe that the Vypr and the VP2 are very similar, so I think it would be a close comparsion. So really what it would come down to is more the look of the unit and the batteries. The eGo would be quite a bit smaller. I like that about it because if you don't want to be so obvious about your vaping - or even if you want to hide it in certain places - you can conceal practically the whole unit in your hand. The Vypr is a bit bigger, but nice looking. I don't have it, but have seen pictures. :yes A big difference is in the batteries. The eGo/tornado batteries are one unit that screws into the atty. They are great and long lasting, but when they finally wear out, you would throw them away and get new ones. I've been using my eGo batteries for 3 months now and they are still going strong, so I don't know how long they last. The Vypr is a whole unit in itself. It has rechargeable batteries that are inserted into the unit. Of course you'd have to replace those, too, when they wear out, but they are cheaper than the eGo/tornado batteries. With the eGo, you have a new unit when you have to replace batteries or attys - with the Vypr you always have the same unit. If something breaks on it, you have to send it in to be fixed. It's a toss up really.

Rob you've gotten some real good info. While I haven't used either of these devices myself I would tend to recommend the eGo/Tornado just based on people's experience with their longevity.

But something else to consider. Many people (not all) have found that they prefer higher voltage than these devices deliver, which is 3.7V. A lot of vapers believe that the 'sweet spot' is 5V and I admit it's great. You can get 5V with a number of mods and via many passthroughs. The Vaprlife VP PT is a great example, and a device I love.

There are also a number of fantastic devices in the pipeline. One that is very intriguing to me is the VVPV. There's a macro running on my work machine right now so I can't copy/paste the URL, but if you look in NotCig's supplier forum you'll find a link to it. I'm willing to be that I will be one of the first owners of this device. ;)

But don't stop there. You might be well advised to just start looking through the supplier's websites. You'll find all kinds of neat stuff -- and come back here with more questions. :D That's okay; we love questions.

Oh -- and Welcome to VT! thumbsup.gif