New To Vaping.need Some Insight

Hello all, Im Matt and new to vaping.As the title states I need some insight on this. First let it be known that I LOVE VAPING! I got mine about three weeks ago and like some others that I have read about, I just cannot seem to put the darn thing down.I am curious as to the brand I got. I got it down at one of the booths at a mall down in Albuquerque and don't remember the name of the vendor.However, according to the box(Grey and black box that says "E Series" on the cover and the card inside its a "DSE901",the blue one.Do any of you have experience with this particular model or know someone that has used it? My second question is these drops that I am putting in the cartridge thing. Im using what this particlar vendor labeled as"Marlboro".To me it tastes nothing like Marlboro,I was a pack a day smoker of the things for about 6 years.I will fill the cartridge with 4-5 drops and it seems like within an hour of steady vaping the thing is tasteless and needs to be refilled.Is this normal? I bought the 30ML bottle about two weeks ago and it's half gone already.I would like to find a reputable vendor that I can purchase supplies from. Any help or comments with the above mentioned questions would be greatly appreciated. Ive been lurking on this site for a few days now and finally decided to join. Seems like a great group of people.Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum Matt! I'm not sure what brand you got, but DSE901 is the model. Personally not my favorite, but there are a lot of people here that swear by it. It does perform well though compared to most other models. As for the Marlboro flavor, it's normal that it doesn't taste like Marlboro. Vaping is different than smoking, so it's near impossible to create flavors that match analog cigarette flavors. If you're getting almost an hour of vaping from 4-5 drops, that's really really good. Most of us here direct drip and with 3 drops I only get about 1 to 2 analogs worth of vape time. If you check out the supporting suppliers forum you'll find most of the reputable vendors. My favorites are vaportalkstore.com and awesomevapor.com.

Welcome to the forum Matt! I'm not sure what brand you got, but DSE901 is the model. Personally not my favorite, but there are a lot of people here that swear by it. It does perform well though compared to most other models. As for the Marlboro flavor, it's normal that it doesn't taste like Marlboro. Vaping is different than smoking, so it's near impossible to create flavors that match analog cigarette flavors. If you're getting almost an hour of vaping from 4-5 drops, that's really really good. Most of us here direct drip and with 3 drops I only get about 1 to 2 analogs worth of vape time. If you check out the supporting suppliers forum you'll find most of the reputable vendors. My favorites are vaportalkstore.com and awesomevapor.com.

Thanks so much for the response VegasVapor.So far, the DSE901 has been decent to me. The battery life is not what I would like it to be but you take the good with the bad right? What do you mean by "Direct Drip".

Yeah, battery life on standard ecig batteries aren't that great. For longer battery life you'll want to check out battery mods like the janty ego or spade. Direct dripping is when you put drops directly on the atomizer instead of filling a cartridge. Check out this how-to video http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/videos/view-19-what-is-direct-dripping/

always good to see a fellow coloradan on here. Welcome !!!

personally I prefer the 510 model. For me the throat hit is a bit weaker with the 901, but the 901 is a reliable model. I too was a marlboro smoker and the liquids that are named after tobacco--don't really taste like tobacco. Your best bet will be to get some 5 or 10 ml flavors and start experimenting.

For liquids (and parts) I currently use:

1. VT store (click on link at top of page)

2. liberty flights- http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp

3. Rocky Mountain Vapor (no longer based in colorado)- http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com/main.sc

what strength liquid are you using? possibly look at a higher nic level...

I currently use 18mg and use 30-40 mls/month. smoked 1 1/2 packs marlboro lights for 30 years.

glad you have found vaping !!!!

always good to see a fellow coloradan on here. Welcome !!!

personally I prefer the 510 model. For me the throat hit is a bit weaker with the 901, but the 901 is a reliable model. I too was a marlboro smoker and the liquids that are named after tobacco--don't really taste like tobacco. Your best bet will be to get some 5 or 10 ml flavors and start experimenting.

For liquids (and parts) I currently use:

1. VT store (click on link at top of page)

2. liberty flights- http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp

3. Rocky Mountain Vapor (no longer based in colorado)- http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com/main.sc

what strength liquid are you using? possibly look at a higher nic level...

I currently use 18mg and use 30-40 mls/month. smoked 1 1/2 packs marlboro lights for 30 years.

glad you have found vaping !!!!

Hey Kitsune, Thanks alot for the response. We are practically neighbors! Im in Greenwood Village. As far as the strength, Im not too sure. Unfortunately, Its not labeled on the bottle.Vaping has been great so far, I have been without an Analog since last week and usually by this point I would have broken down and bought another pack.I am so thankful I found this Ecig Phenom. Also,Vegas..I tried the directdrip. Actually took out the cartridge that was in there and it was pretty nasty. Much better throat hit and taste going DD.

You can take the filler out of the cart- wash- dry and refill the cart with the liquid you have. add a few drops to the empty cart-push the filler back in with tweezers, paper clip, saftey pin, add liquid to the filler one drop at a time until no more will absorb.

with the 901-be careful when dripping not to add more than 1-2 drops at a time--floods easily.

what are you doing up this late anyway??

definately need to look at getting some good liquid !!!

You can take the filler out of the cart- wash- dry and refill the cart with the liquid you have. add a few drops to the empty cart-push the filler back in with tweezers, paper clip, saftey pin, add liquid to the filler one drop at a time until no more will absorb.

with the 901-be careful when dripping not to add more than 1-2 drops at a time--floods easily.

what are you doing up this late anyway??

definately need to look at getting some good liquid !!!

I wasnt too sure about cleaning the cartridge as you described it but it makes sense,Will give it a shot.I have noticed that about the 901,I tend to get the juice in my mouth if I draw too deep. Cant sleep,playing Madden on the Xbox 360.LOL I will check out the vendors that you guys mentioned. Im looking forward to it.

From the way you described the box, I think it's probably the same one I got from awesomevapor.com. So if you want to stick with that model, awesomevapor would be a great place to go for replacements.

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've already gotten lots of good advice. As for juice, everyone will have their favorite. My personal favorite is VaporTalk Tobacco. I'd recommend checking out the other vids in the FAQ vid section. They'll give you a lot of info and also help to better understand some of the answers you'll get to any questions you ask.

FAQ Vids

Glad to hear you're having luck switching to vaping. I agree that awesomevapor is a good way to go. I get a lot of juice from them and they have a great deal. When you buy a 16ml bottle you also can pick a diff flavor to try at 3ml. Can't beat the juice for money on that. I found that after a while trying some flavors tobacco took a back seat to some of the others like vanilla, coca-cola, cappuccino, RY4 and such. Once your brain disassociates tobacco taste with nicotine I found that the tobacco flavor was no longer needed to keep me away from analogs. Good luck with the 901. Like others I'll say I prefer the 510. If you grab an adapter you can try out a 510 atomizer and see if it works for you. One of the best investments for me was a usb pass through. Saves a lot of battery usage. Vaping is all about testing different things out and finding whats best for you. Good luck quitting analogs!

Well all, I ordered my 2nd ecig last night. I decided to go with the Joye510. It seemed pretty cool and I like the idea of not having a shutoff when I choose to inhale a bit more deeply. Got a pretty good deal on from Awesomevapor.Had some questions and they got back to me right away.So, I should have it hopefully by monday.

You will love the 510, it is my weapon of choice. amazing throat hit and vapor.

Can't wait to hear what you think !!!

always good to have a new perspective....

Happy Vaping

Welcome to Vapeing! I agree with the dripping comments I do that all the time, I just got some Camel liquid from vapocountry and I am loving it! I like it better than marlboro by a longshot but in my opinion, neither tastes like its namesake! I find 24Mg nic level is the best for me.