510 Cartomizers

I think someone has had success cleaning the filler and reusing the carto's a while longer ,I think they used Everclear or Vodka.I suppose if you are one who replaces atties frequently these would be a good deal ,for us cheapskates who use our atties as long as possible they are not really cost effective.I am using it on my 18650 battery at the moment.

:) I am the cheapskate who cleaned mine with vodka, I posted about it in this thread:

Whats In There?

Edited by Resa

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a order in for 10 510 cartos from Vapor Kings and some adapters for my old RN4081 atties to use them with 510 batteries.cant wait to see these thinks work..If they work like my KR cartos I will be happy.The whole dripping slimy leaking 510 thing gets on my nerves but it does kick out some good vapor!!I have KR cartos that are weak also so I toss them and refill the good ones for a few days and then toss them.I dont use that many in a week.The 510 ones are supposed to hold more about twice as much so that will be nice to refill less often.Should have them in by the end of the week so I'll let yall know what I think of them....

Edited by SteveD1

I got some 510 cartos from electronicstix.com and I must say they works pretty good. The plastic plug on the bottom is very handy, you just pop it off and fill it up. Flavor is much more intense than the standard atomizer but you get a little less vapor, not by much though.

Curious as to how long one of these is suppose to last? I've just been using 1 so far for driving around and such, then use my atomizer at home or at the desk at work.

Also anyone know what about these things makes the flavor more defined?

I used my first one for 5 days before I felt like I should break out a new one. I'm still using it until it stops producing further. I'd say I could get a solid week which is what I was hoping for. After 5 days I feel like a cleaning would be a good idea as juice starts to break down and sit in the filler. Good luck with them.

I used my first one for 5 days before I felt like I should break out a new one. I'm still using it until it stops producing further. I'd say I could get a solid week which is what I was hoping for. After 5 days I feel like a cleaning would be a good idea as juice starts to break down and sit in the filler. Good luck with them.

How many times did you refill it?

I've been using and refilling the same 510 carto daily since I started this thread.

What I have noticed is that vapor production is down to ~.75 of new and it

definitely holds less juice at every fill.I guess it's time to give it a hot water

rinse and let it dry for a day to see if that helps.

The Green cig that I've been alternating with the 510 seems to just keep on going the

same as a cart would and it's filler can be reloaded just like a cart.Too bad it

doesn't have the TH or vapor production of the 510 but the flavor is good.

I have no complaints with either(after I modded the greencigs)and for a 2-3$ atty

and cart combo I think they are definitely worth it.The 510 gets the nod for ease of

use and the greencig gets it for longevity so far.

I got mine today.They put out a fair amount of vapor I would say not much different than a 510 or 901.I am having trouble getting liquid in mt mouth as there is no baffle and I might be overfilling.I got the ones with the rubber plugs from ElectroNicStix.A whittled down 901 tip will fit nicely and helps with the liquid.They work good enough in my opinion the only reason I would not switch to them is not being able to change the filler.I think someone has had success cleaning the filler and reusing the carto's a while longer ,I think they used Everclear or Vodka.I suppose if you are one who replaces atties frequently these would be a good deal ,for us cheapskates who use our atties as long as possible they are not really cost effective.I am using it on my 18650 battery at the moment.

Apology for the slow response here mcquinn, but Brian suggested blowing through the mouthpiece before putting the carto on your PV. He's right; filling it does get liquid in the tube, which will sure juice you! Since I've been doing that, no problem. Leave it to Brian, eh? thumbsup.gif

Edited by ddavelarsen

Blowing through it works ,the 901 tip provides a baffle and the tip I prefer.The carto's are kind of odd they do a lot of popping and cracking when you puff on them and after three or four good puffs you have to set it down and let the liquid redistribute.They are o.k. but I think I will stay with the 901's as my main sled for now and keep the 510 carto's as a pinch hitter.If people start hoarding atties I will have another choice to increase my chances of scoring something if I need one.

Edited by mcquinn

Apology for the slow response here mcquinn, but Brian suggested blowing through the mouthpiece before putting the carto on your PV. He's right; filling it does get liquid in the tube, which will sure juice you! Since I've been doing that, no problem. Leave it to Brian, eh? thumbsup.gif

Isn't that the truth? I found out the hard way so I started using a syringe. NO MORE JUICE!

@McQuinn - I vape it pretty heavily on my drive to work and home (about 45 minutes one way) and don't have any problems with wicking.

I filled one of the soft caps today by dripping into it and think I like that way better. It takes a little longer, but it's easier to know when you've got the right amount in it. I drip until it starts to pool a little (rotating it as I drip), then shake it down like an old thermometer, drip-shake-repeat. When you shake it down and still have a little pool on the filler (not in the tube) then you're good to go. When dripping into it, I hold it at an angle and drip onto the filler only.

I'm really bummed out.I was so liking these 510 cartos until I took the 1st one apart!

The one thing I wont accept is burned filler and that's what happened.

That little sleeve that goes around the coil has a hole ~half the length of it burned

all the way thru and the filler is scorched.I refilled this everyday for 7 days and

never vaped it dry.I never tasted or smelled anything burnt but it was there.

I know these are meant to be disposable and maybe I refilled them too much but I'm still

disappointed.I've beeen careful not to "hotbox" it and didn't think I over heated it.

If I can't get several days of use out of these I honestly can't afford to use them.

Just for sheites and giggles I'll tear the rest apart after about half as many fills,

but if 1 will do it being careful then I figure the rest will too.I like the convenience

of only filling once or twice a day and if I traveled alot and could afford to dispose

of them after only 1 or 2 fills they would have worked for me.As it is I'll have to stick

with dripping atty's for the 510 experience.Glad I got some cheap adapters:)

By the way this was not my only vape everyday so it got frequent breaks.

On a side note the Greencig cartos are still goin good so I can use them when driving.Too bad they don't have the TH and vapor that the 510 cartos have. :wallbash:

The search for the all day cart type juice holding thingie continues :detective:

@McQuinn - I vape it pretty heavily on my drive to work and home (about 45 minutes one way) and don't have any problems with wicking.

I filled one of the soft caps today by dripping into it and think I like that way better. It takes a little longer, but it's easier to know when you've got the right amount in it. I drip until it starts to pool a little (rotating it as I drip), then shake it down like an old thermometer, drip-shake-repeat. When you shake it down and still have a little pool on the filler (not in the tube) then you're good to go. When dripping into it, I hold it at an angle and drip onto the filler only.

Hey Brian - sorry to be a noob (actually its great to be a noob around here), but can you go through the soft cap fill a little more step by step. Lets just say I started filling, and after half the bottle noticed it was pouring out the battery side. Okay okay, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I have so many toys now I will end up posting later (I swear). I tried right now but am cleanig up a friends lappy. I have regular 510s, mega 510s, Janty V2 (ret.), Spade and an Indulgence. The Indulgence does 3.7V or 6V. I also now have regular 510 and 801 attys, low resistance 510s, HVs from several places for 510/801/901, the higher res cartos and regular cartos. Choices are amazing these days even compared to a few months ago. So my point is I need to catalog the experience of the combos...and eventually post back. Especially for my 0mg converts, I want to wait until Dulcis comes in in 0mg.

Edited to add, I still think the best combo is low res atty and the spade, draw is fantastic, flavor excellent (mentha/JC arctic) and throat hit awesome (the heat helps there).

Edited by FTJoe

I leave the plug and cover on the battery end when I fill it. I hold it at about a 45 degree angle and drip on to the filler (where ther filler meets the side of the atty). When it starts to pool a little bit I rotate the atty some and drip some more. Once it starts to pool on top (no longer absorbing), I shake it down like an old thermometer. Drip-shake-repeat. When you still have a little pool, even after shaking, then it's full. I let it sit for about an hour. Again, before using it I blow gently through it from the mouth piece end with a paper towel over the battery end. This blows out any juice in the tubing that will leak out. Worked good for me.

@Joe2003 - I'm bummed that your 510 carto turned out burned :( That really sux.

I've torn apart 4 of mine so far, all of which have been used at 5 volts and less (multiple fillings), and haven't found a single bit of burnt material in them. Let's chalk that up to the fact that since they're disposable, the quality control isn't the same as a standard atomizer.

That's to be expected. But also at the same time, it's still a little bit disappointing and also frustrating. At the moment, even if every single one of my 510 cartos turn out burnt after a single use, I'd still be happy with the performance. Would this cost me more than a regular atomizer? Absolutely yes. But considering the superb flavor and longevity, it's still worth it to me. And since I'm no longer on the quest for the perfect juice, I'd still be saving money.

Maybe one day if the price drops considerably they will be more economical to be thrown away after the first use (as the manufacturer suggests). But for now, I'll continue to fill mine multiple times since they don't seem to burn. If I tear apart a few more and find one burnt then I may reconsider it.

Maybe Janty will release their metal-filled-cart sometime soon and give us the solution we're looking for.

Cool - I think 6V is a little much for them (indulgence). So I can't wait to see what the slightly higher resistance ones I got from ENS are. I'm hoping good else the 40 I got will be a waste unless they do well at 3.7.

• Higher Resistance (3.4) to burn cooler than average cartomizers

• Nice cool draw

• Work well with drip tips

• Soft rubber, easily removable tip

Anyone else get the 3.4 from nhaler and measure them? I'm getting 2.9-3.1 which is more like a regular one. I sent a note, still trying to get my equipment in order. Does it make a difference if they have fluid?

I get the drip tip now, use lone instead of the rubberized cap. Cool.

Edited by FTJoe

Alright got my order of them in friday and promptly left on a road trip.I like the 510 cartomizers.Mine hold about 30 drops dry thats about 1ml.I got mine from Vapor Kings.I have refilled the same one maybe 5-6 times and its still fine.It works okay with the short 510 batteries when they are fresh.I got a adapter from Vapor kings and used it with 280 mah batteries for my KR model.Seems to work better with the higher mah batteries for me.I did use my KR 5volt pass thru with it some and it puts out great vapor but i dont want to burn it.Flavor is good with the Camel I have from V4L.Draw on the 510 carto is smooth and easy almost too easy on my auto KR batts.They are bigger than KR cartos and dont fit in the cases etc.Three will fit in a standard 510 PCC with no condom covers on them.

Okay, so I burned my first one. Started getting an actual burnt taste from one last night. It was different from the usual taste-change that tells me they're getting dry and it's time to refill. This one tasted like it was actually burnt.

Opened it up, and sure enough it was. 1 out of 5 I've opened up: not bad. I'll continue using them. Just can't beat that flavor and longevity!

Love em!

Edited by Brandon