American Lung Association Vs. Electronic Cigarettes

Aren't these anti-smoking people really just "holier than thou?" Sure seems that way to me. This is not anti-smoking, it's anti-nicotine. Again. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Organization's Efforts to Ban Devices

They ALL amaze me. It's just amazing. Let's take away a safe alternative that people are actually using to get off the tobacco, and try to force them on the things that HAVEN'T WORKED.

The article about NRT's that was referenced, says in no uncertain terms that people often continue using them and don't ever wean off the nicotine, but that it is BETTER THAN TOBACCO. So how are electronic cigarettes worse?

Do some real research and show us how Ecigs are worse for us than the stuff that hasn't worked for us. I'd be happy to listen to or read some actual information, some FACTS. But all this hot air is just irritating. LOL

Good article and what those fools do not understand is that if they are banned the smokers will go back to tobacco cigs. Also many e cigarette smokers do not vape as much as the smoked in the past.

I dont want to seem counterproductive to this post, but i vape alot . practically all day. and it does'nt bother anyone. no lingering smell , nor any other negative attribute associated with smoking, its a win,win , lose<-(Bigtabacco) situation.

thats what this all comes down to , (((((money))))) and they dont want to lose your business, well until they finnally extinguish you like a cigarette. lol vape and vape hard, take a stand lol .no one can tell me what to do im my home......

Fine print.

well except the wife hehe ...

They're not health promoters, they're control freaks on an anti-addiction crusade. They don't want safe alternatives, they want people with the temerity to become substance addicted to suffer. It's a Puritan thing - "Poison not thy fleshly temple pilgrim, or suffer thy God's eternal wrath!" They've mistaken themselves for deities.

They're not health promoters, they're control freaks on an anti-addiction crusade. They don't want safe alternatives, they want people with the temerity to become substance addicted to suffer. It's a Puritan thing - "Poison not thy fleshly temple pilgrim, or suffer thy God's eternal wrath!" They've mistaken themselves for deities.

thumbsup.gif +1 Bro.

BREAKING NEWS: The DOT has concluded that in some low-speed collisions, a vehicle's airbag can actually worsen injuries. Local DOT offices will begin replacing drivers' airbags with razor-sharp metal spikes, free of charge.

LMAO rushing right out to get that replaced. Yes indeed.

Good article.

I'm not about to go back to tobacco or stop vaping.

The idiots leading these bans may succeed in stopping the LEGAL sale of (We need a new name for these)ecigs, but they'll

never be able to make them go away.

Edited by Ray

Aren't these anti-smoking people really just "holier than thou?" Sure seems that way to me. This is not anti-smoking, it's anti-nicotine. Again. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Organization's Efforts to Ban Devices

Hi Dave - A little while back I was looking at the NY ban and ran across the NY chapter's site and posted it here.

As I surmised, I believe based on the Lung Association also pleading for people to not buy cigarettes on Native American reservations (no taxes), I'd guess they receive part of the tax money as funding to their organization. So as goes with sin taxes (soda), and other taxes to help people avoid things, its obvious once an organization gets big enough, the last thing they want is for their charter to be satisfied. The LA wants their tax money to stay alive, they actyually want people to smoke!!!! NY state wants a soda tax, not for people to stop drinking soda, they want the money. Shameful.

• 4 weeks later...

BREAKING NEWS: The DOT has concluded that in some low-speed collisions, a vehicle's airbag can actually worsen injuries. Local DOT offices will begin replacing drivers' airbags with razor-sharp metal spikes, free of charge.

lol!