No Luck With Low Resistance 510 Attys

After using a 5V PT, the 3.7V experience just doesn't cut it for me. I ordered a Super Six with an 801 adapter thinking I could vape it at 6V. However, protected CR2s wouldn't fit in it. So I exchanged the 801 adapter for a 510, and ordered some of NHaler's low resistance 510 attys. I'm not getting much joy from them. They're great for one or two drip cycles, lots of vapor and great flavor. But then they stop producing vapor, and smell and taste burnt. They continue to make noise and get warm, but nothing rewarding comes out. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? TIA.

After using a 5V PT, the 3.7V experience just doesn't cut it for me. I ordered a Super Six with an 801 adapter thinking I could vape it at 6V. However, protected CR2s wouldn't fit in it. So I exchanged the 801 adapter for a 510, and ordered some of NHaler's low resistance 510 attys. I'm not getting much joy from them. They're great for one or two drip cycles, lots of vapor and great flavor. But then they stop producing vapor, and smell and taste burnt. They continue to make noise and get warm, but nothing rewarding comes out. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? TIA.

That's been happening to me, flooded and really loose liquid (due to heat I assume). Maybe its not so much that its flooded as it is no longer held in the wick? Turn it over, blow it out and let it drain maybe?

That's been happening to me, flooded and really loose liquid (due to heat I assume). Maybe its not so much that its flooded as it is no longer held in the wick? Turn it over, blow it out and let it drain maybe?

Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong. When I blow them out, I blow from the mouthpiece side to the threaded side. I blew the other way with an 801 once, and the whole wick assembly came out. It made me paranoid about doing that.

I haven't used enough of them to really add much merit to this statement, but I'll say it anyway: I've had a similar experience.

Bought 4 of them, and have actually only used 1 (which I think I've now lost it; just went on a search and came up empty handed!!!). Even after a rigorous cleaning and several hour soak in pure vinegar, it just never seemed to perform the same as the first couple of days.

For the first few days, I was in pure bliss. But then things started to go down hill.

I haven't touched it since discovering the 510 cartomizers, but that's just b/c they're so cool, not necessarily that the low resistance atty is bad.

I'm saving my other 3 for rainy days, and will probably whip them out some night after I've had too many beers. Also, we have to consider these things are still incredibly new, and haven't even hit their second generation yet. I'll betchya these problems will be sorted out very soon.

P.S. I too blow from the mouthpiece end. In theory, the other way (putting your mouth on the battery threads) would be better but I haven't noticed any difference besides getting a lot more juice in my mouth.

Pretty much the same experience with the burnt taste. I don't use mine very much, and don't see myself buying any more. I do get a couple of nice hits with good flavor, then I have to vape through the nasty taste (not inhaling) to burn out the leftover juice. If you don't do that, you'll flood it. Your Bro told me about doing that. Seems to work, but to much trouble for me. Do you have any regular ecig batts? I'm thinking this atty would work better on a 3.1v battery like the eGo batts.

Here's a vid on cleaning it by burning it out. I've done this, but still get the same results afterwards. I'm thinking about taking the wick out... seems that that would be getting fried too.

LR atty clean

Edited by Brian

what units are you all using these on??

for me, i am not having good luck using it on 2 of my units (Spade and V3) but the they rock on the eGo. maybe they are not built to stand up with all things 3.7V...that would be a downer :(

I thought the whole idea was to get high voltage results at low voltage.I have noticed with my last few pennstyle atty orders that they did not wick liquid from carts as well as they used to ,so I switched to 901's for now.I suspect they are doing something different with them,I only use the low bridge type but I had them from two different manufacturers and neither peformed very good with carts .Ok for dripping .

for me, i am not having good luck using it on 2 of my units (Spade and V3) but the they rock on the eGo. maybe they are not built to stand up with all things 3.7V...that would be a downer :(

I've used it on a SB and on my Spade. At 3.7v the atty should be running at a little over 9 watts. At 3.1 it'll be around 6.4, which is close to a regular 510 at 3.7v. Seems to defeat the purpose, but not really sure... That's why I think it would work better on the ego battery, which from what I've been hearing, seems to be right. Anyhow, just my theory.

Was using mine on my BB (uses a 14500 protected battery). I've not actually used it on a stock/standard or even a mega 510 battery for some reason. Guess I should have done that by now.

At 3.1......

Hey Brian you're meaning 3.1volts under load right? Not 3.1volts at rest? I thought I was going crazy, so I whipped out my multimeter and tested a couple of my 510 batteries: 3.87, 3.91, and 3.99 (mega battery).

I haven't actually tested any of the normal 510 batteries under load, so 3.1v sounds totally feasible considering how small they are. Just want to make sure I'm understanding.

Enjoying it mostly on my spade. I have tested it on a 510 mega setup for an hour or so, seemed nice. That's for my honey looking for TH. I got a mega PCC charger co I will carry that, give her the cig, when I get it back, it goes in the charger. If she wants another before its ready, out comes the other battery. The mega pcc hold two batts and a cart/atty. Will have a few cartos in the pocket as well, just trying to figure out how to keep an array of low res, HV and battery combos for the Indulgence so she can try/enjoy those as well. Oh yeah, me too!! That's the funny part, I was the hardcore smoker, she was weekends only. Now I can take it or leave it, but if I didn't have the ecigs for her, she'd bum a butt.

Edited by FTJoe

it absolutely kills my Spade battery , although does give a good vape :( i was thinking it was not up to par on the V3 because of the adapter. i do recommend the low res on the eGo. i did not think about giving it a try on a 510 mega batt!! might have to try that myself!!

it absolutely kills my Spade battery , although does give a good vape :( i was thinking it was not up to par on the V3 because of the adapter. i do recommend the low res on the eGo. i did not think about giving it a try on a 510 mega batt!! might have to try that myself!!

Remember, it will chew up a batt. That's why I got the PCC charger for the megas, like anything else, works best when the batt is fully charged and not dropping off. Someone (tek) had a warning about using batteries that didn't have a high mah, but seems fine to me. My spade is fine because I don't vape that much, and I have a few extra fully charged batteries hanging out just waiting to jump in when the one in use drops off a little.

Oooh - here is teks entry:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/4860-low-resistance-atomizer/page__view__findpost__p__42863

Edited by FTJoe

Hey Brian you're meaning 3.1volts under load right? Not 3.1volts at rest? I thought I was going crazy, so I whipped out my multimeter and tested a couple of my 510 batteries: 3.87, 3.91, and 3.99 (mega battery).

I haven't actually tested any of the normal 510 batteries under load, so 3.1v sounds totally feasible considering how small they are. Just want to make sure I'm understanding.

Yes. A member had posted pics of a regular Joye battery being tested under load and it was 3.1v. A battery mod however, tested at 3.8v under load. He said all Joye batteries, including the eGo, are throttled down (or some word like that).

I just measured two of my TW mega batteries, 3.96V and 3.98V (fully charged). Hey, my wife will be an HV vaper!!

This is the thread where WillBlack posted pics of a Joye battery under load... 3.1v vs. a mod under load of 3.76.

My link