What Is The Equivalent Strength Of Juice

HyOnLyph

Hello all,

OK, now that I have the ecig and some variety of juices and carts, I have a question about strength of nicotine in the juice vs the carts.

In the standard package of carts that I got, they are rated high, med, low, and no. The juices that I have are rated 11 mg. PG, 24 mg PG and 36 mg. PG.

As I look on this forum, the strengths generally discussed are 6, 12 and 18.

So far, the girls in our women's home have only used carts rated high or med. After only a few puffs, they say they are getting buzzed and headachey as if they were smoking a cigar or something. Even the woman who smokes Marlboro reds. I guess I should have told them to start with the low cart but thought the high was more like a regular full strength cig.

(I know I can purchase 0 juice and dilute. I plan on doing that.

Is there a standard or typical concentration? Does everyone talk the same language with regards to concentrations?

Thanks again for all of the support from this forum.

The low/med/high is VERY variable between vendors - I have 11mg liquid marked medium and 18mg marked high. I also have 24mg liquid marked high. I have 30mg liquid marked extra high and 38mg marked ultra high. Normally with prefilled carts high is 18mg but I don't buy prefilled that much

Hello all,

OK, now that I have the ecig and some variety of juices and carts, I have a question about strength of nicotine in the juice vs the carts.

In the standard package of carts that I got, they are rated high, med, low, and no. The juices that I have are rated 11 mg. PG, 24 mg PG and 36 mg. PG.

So far, the girls in our women's home have only used carts rated high or med. After only a few puffs, they say they are getting buzzed and headachey as if they were smoking a cigar or something. Even the woman who smokes Marlboro reds. I guess I should have told them to start with the low cart but thought the high was more like a regular full strength cig.

Is there a standard or typical concentration? Does everyone talk the same language with regards to concentrations?

Hi, as far as I know there is no standard definition of what is a low, medium and high definition. I'm surprised though that you observed a general discussion of 6,12 and 18mg? Anyways, if you got the carts from the same vendor as your smoke juice, I'd say lo is 11, 24 med and 36 high. Every vendor defines what is high and low for themselves but their website should tell you how much mg they have, some vendors even have 5 different strengths.

I'm surprised though that you observed a general discussion of 6,12 and 18mg?

JantyUSA defines low as 6, medium 11 and high 18 on their 510 (dura/ego carts). And the reality is...even if a bottle says 18...who knows what the plus or minus is.

Hello all,

Typical measurements for tobacco content for e-juices are Zero (0mg per 1ml) , Low (11mg per 1ml) , Medium (18mg per 1ml) , High (24mg per 1ml) Extra High (36mg per 1ml) this is an approximation as different manufacturers will vary slightly. A conventional cigarette will contain approximately 1.5mg

I hope this helps you

Vaping any juices over 24mg nicotine is pretty high. The person using a high nicotine level like that should already know what they are doing with it, for I would not recommend anything over 24mg to anyone who doesn't feel ready enough or is uneducated on liquid nicotine in general. Picking which nicotine level suits you should be based off your nicotine cravings and how much you like vaping. I'm an all day vaper like many other here, I'm buring through two Nado batts per day, therefor I like a low nicotine strength (8-12mg) so I can go all day without any concern. Some of my juices are higher nicotine level so they get less and more specific use. Keeping nicotine consumption in moderation is key; I already ****** that one up pretty bad...

Also, it is likely that your level of nicotine consumption will rise with the use of e cigs. (general statement)

Regardless of the strength, the other factor that is going to contribute to the "buzz" or headache is how the user is vaping. If they are drawing on the e-cig like they would an analog, they are going to be more prone to the unpleasant side effects of nicotine. At least that's my experience. With e-cigs the user needs to learn a new way of "smoking", so to speak.

I have learned to take long, slow draws on my 510, and limit myself to 2-3 draws at a time. I tend to go 15-20 minutes between draws, which has eliminated the "buzz" from the nicotine. I use a 24-28mg strength juice in order to get the throat hit that I'm looking for.

Although it can vary widely from person to person it has been said to be between 30mg and 60mg for an adult and only 10 mg for a child for nicotine to kill you or your pet

Nicotine is a very hazardous material and should be handled with respect and never abused ....not that anyone here would just thought I would add that bit

If you take longer slower draws of your device and that works that's very cool but I would advise that the rule of thumb should be if you do display any signs of OD (over dose) that would be dizziness or sore heads cut down the amount of nicotine you are using if you are useing EXTRA HIGH 36mg cut it down to 24mg and if that's too much 18mg and so on till it right.

Edited by JimmyBat

Although it can vary widely from person to person it has been said to be between 30mg and 60mg for an adult and only 10 mg for a child for nicotine to kill you or your pet

Nicotine is a very hazardous material and should be handled with respect and never abused ....not that anyone here would just thought I would add that bit

If you take longer slower draws of your device and that works that's very cool but I would advise that the rule of thumb should be if you do display any signs of OD (over dose) that would be dizziness or sore heads cut down the amount of nicotine you are using if you are useing EXTRA HIGH 36mg cut it down to 24mg and if that's too much 18mg and so on till it right.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. In order to get the levels of nicotine you're talking about, you would have to drink a couple of bottle of the juice. A person using an e-cig would have to work pretty hard to get anywhere close to 30-60mg of nicotine into their system by inhaling.

Having said that, changing either nic levels or the way you use the device is a good idea if you're getting bad side effects. It's kind of like the guy who went to the doctor:

Man: "Doctor, it hurts when I move my arm like this."

Doctor: "Then don't move your arm like that."