Little Text Boxes...

I just got done writing an extensive letter to the FDA regarding Electronic Cigarettes through one of the links posted here on the site. I was writing so much it wouldn't allow me to write anymore! So I had to back things up and I highlighted a small section to delete and... EVERYTHING VANISHED!! :veryangry: I just couldn't believe it... the past hour of my life researching and typing up that letter was erased by some kind of technical difficulty... I know for damn sure I did not highlight everything and press delete. I have had similar problems with other websites using these crappy textboxes to send an email-like replies to...

For a moment there, I thought I was going postal :2guns:

ANYBODY WITH ME HERE?

I just got done writing an extensive letter to the FDA regarding Electronic Cigarettes through one of the links posted here on the site. I was writing so much it wouldn't allow me to write anymore! So I had to back things up and I highlighted a small section to delete and... EVERYTHING VANISHED!! :veryangry: I just couldn't believe it... the past hour of my life researching and typing up that letter was erased by some kind of technical difficulty... I know for damn sure I did not highlight everything and press delete. I have had similar problems with other websites using these crappy textboxes to send an email-like replies to...

For a moment there, I thought I was going postal :2guns:

ANYBODY WITH ME HERE?

I'm with ya. I have a text document on my desktop called text.txt. Simple little notepad/wordpad. I've learned if I start really going at a note, or even a thread response, I copy and paste to text.txt, saving often and typing in there. When done, copy and paste back to where you want it. I mostly learned this the hard way because my lappy has annoying keys that will execute the browser back arrow and the forward arrow. Some edit panes will 'remember' what was written there if I accidentally go back (VT does), many don't, very painful. Needless to say I hit it all the time being a horrible touch typist.

I'm with ya. I have a text document on my desktop called text.txt. Simple little notepad/wordpad. I've learned if I start really going at a note, or even a thread response, I copy and paste to text.txt, saving often and typing in there. When done, copy and paste back to where you want it. I mostly learned this the hard way because my lappy has annoying keys that will execute the browser back arrow and the forward arrow. Some edit panes will 'remember' what was written there if I accidentally go back (VT does), many don't, very painful. Needless to say I hit it all the time being a horrible touch typist.

ditto!! besides once you send - it's gone!! I do like to keep a copy of correspondence.