Low Resistance Atomizer

Anyone using these atomizers on there Spade,Ego,or Tornado??? I just wanna know if its that big of adiffence in how it preforms with one........thinkin about upgrading already after watchin grimmgreens vid

After reading through this topic I decided to research a bit about these low res attys... and after watching GrimmGreen's video review, I am sold. That guy is a legit source and the results are obviously displayed in the video. Two low res attys are now on the way to my doorstep :)

I'll throw up a review once I recieve and use them.

Here is the link to the product (exclusive to nhaler.com):

http://shop.nhaler.com/product.sc?productId=107&categoryId=28

Edited by SickDripzz

I got four, only thing I don't like is it seems my old carts are too loose on it so stuck with theirs until I do a mod on my a carts (I like whistle tips). Works good on the spade, so I'm getting some more and a PCC charger for my mega batts so my wife can enjoy on the weekends. I figure the megas can take it as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw some more on another site when looking for my mega charger (tough to find just a 510 mega batt PCC so I'll probably get the kit from word-up).

most definitely pick some of those up!! a must have!!! i use mine on the eGo!! very nice!!

Good to know, Ofortuna. Thanks.

I just watched all about the vapor's vid on these with the tornado/eGo along with the drip tips. I could swear someone said you can't use those tips with the eGo, but he did on the vid. I've got a shopping cart ready to go with both...then had to come back here to do some checking. I think I'll give them both a try.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

I got four, only thing I don't like is it seems my old carts are too loose on it so stuck with theirs until I do a mod on my a carts (I like whistle tips). Works good on the spade, so I'm getting some more and a PCC charger for my mega batts so my wife can enjoy on the weekends. I figure the megas can take it as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw some more on another site when looking for my mega charger (tough to find just a 510 mega batt PCC so I'll probably get the kit from word-up).

If the Magnum attys can be found elsewhere please let us know. I read that off another e cig forum relating directly to these attys; it could be dated.

So you do or don't think mega carts will work properly on these Magnum attys? Having a hard time deciphering what is it you wrote... :X

If the Magnum attys can be found elsewhere please let us know. I read that off another e cig forum relating directly to these attys; it could be dated.

So you do or don't think mega carts will work properly on these Magnum attys? Having a hard time deciphering what is it you wrote... :X

Sorry - was referring to the mega batteries, not the mega carts. Mega carts wouldn't work as you need to have a mega atty with the mega cart and we are talking about the magnum atty.

My issue with the regular whistle tip carts, with the magnum atty, is the magnums appear to have a slightly larger circumference than a regular 510 atty. So my regular whistle tips are too loose and I'm forced to use the supplied round tips. I will end up probably scuffing up some whistle tips to make them fit more snugly.

The magnums are not recommended for a regular battery as I believe they said it would chew it up too much, the mega battery is bigger so I'm hoping that will be okay.

I will check the sites again to see if there was another magnum offering...maybe I ran across the magnum 510 (a mod of some kind).

Sorry - was referring to the mega batteries, not the mega carts. Mega carts wouldn't work as you need to have a mega atty with the mega cart and we are talking about the magnum atty.

My issue with the regular whistle tip carts, with the magnum atty, is the magnums appear to have a slightly larger circumference than a regular 510 atty. So my regular whistle tips are too loose and I'm forced to use the supplied round tips. I will end up probably scuffing up some whistle tips to make them fit more snugly.

The magnums are not recommended for a regular battery as I believe they said it would chew it up too much, the mega battery is bigger so I'm hoping that will be okay.

I will check the sites again to see if there was another magnum offering...maybe I ran across the magnum 510 (a mod of some kind).

Figured, something just seemed out of place... lol

These Magnum attys are to be used with 440 Mah batteries or higher. Anything lower than that I'm sure would quickly go to hell in a hand basket.

My research tells me that the 510 mega batteries run at 280 Mah, although I know there are many variations of the mega batteries (not sure if they achieve a 440 Mah).

Grabbing a Tornado battery (650 Mah) will solve any power issues for you guys using traditional 510s.

That's why I'm hoping if she uses it and we get it into the charger after a bit we'll be okay. Will kill the batteries quicker in the long run, but she's a weekend smoker. Trying to get the throat hit she's missing on 0mg nic. She likes the look of a cigarette, no ego or spade for her.

Edited by FTJoe

I have two of these new magnum atomizers and I must say, there are a definite improvement to the 510 as far as higher temp vaping, vapor production and in some cases, better flavor, but that's subject to the juice and flavor itself. Some juices stood up with the magnum, and others didn't taste as good with the additional heat. I still love the low heat sensation of a 910 atomizer on many of the fruity juices.

Now that I've said that I like the the new magnums, I will add that the low-resistance magnum on a 3.7 volt battery only simulates high voltage vaping, but is not actually the same experience as vaping at higher volts. I'm using 14500 model batteries which are rated at 900mAh. I now have two different types of 14500s- protected and unprotected. I've been walking on the wild side lately and experimenting with the unprotected batteries. I wouldn't recommend this to newbies, but I've noticed a few things about them.

To keep things simple and to keep the numbers, specs and calculations out of this post, I'll just comment that the 14500 model battery in general is just a little "weaker" than what that magnum atty needs to operate at its peak performance. Any 3.7 volt battery smaller in rating (it's not just the mAh rating) is just not going to give what the magnum "wants" to run at its best. Please be careful when using the smaller batteries. It the battery part of the unit gets hot to the touch. Put it down, and don't try to get another vape off it. Disconnect the battery from the atomizer and report your findings somewhere in this forum so others can know about it. If your battery appears to work just fine, then at least for you, the result is a much better experience that what you were used to with the regular 510 atty, but its still not what it "could" be. I've already experienced HV vaping, and let me tell you, there is a huge difference.

My birthday is coming up on the 2nd of this month, and I'm going to buy my first HV mod. Can't wait!

I didn't mean to rain on everyone's parade here, but i thought some of you might be interested.

I'll just comment that the 14500 model battery in general is just a little "weaker" than what that magnum atty needs to operate at its peak performance.

Weaker in what regard? I'm using it on the spade with the 10440 600mah and it seems nice to me. I think its even working well with the 280mah mega battery. Nothing is heating up besides the atty but at 0mg, definitely getting a better TH. Stop raining on my parade!! ;-)

Happy b'day in advance. I was going to get a 5V but this is working pretty good for me.

Good to know, Ofortuna. Thanks.

I just watched all about the vapor's vid on these with the tornado/eGo along with the drip tips. I could swear someone said you can't use those tips with the eGo, but he did on the vid. I've got a shopping cart ready to go with both...then had to come back here to do some checking. I think I'll give them both a try.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Nana! Pull the plug on those orders already! :D Just do it; you'll be glad you did. And you have some equity coming anyway... ;)

As far as the magnum atty vs HV goes; Tektronik got it right in the end (not the same as HV) but from my experience I'm willing to say that the magnum atty is for sure the way to go if you don't have a HV mod. For me it's just as good; in many ways better. I've been vaping the low-res atty on my VP2 almost exclusively since I got it, all my HV stuff is just sitting around unused.

I'm totally convinced the magnum is the way to go. Plenty of TH, mostly good flavor though it can get a bit bitter over time. When that happens, I do a 'huffing dry burn' for want of a better phrase, to clean it out. Just pull many drags through the atty, burning the old stuff away. After it cools down, it will give good flavor again. Whether this reduces the life of the atty is still an open question for me, but it seems like it might. Worth it to me so far. I recommend it without reservation; for sure it's cheaper than a HV mod! ;)