Nicotine Newcomers, Mho

I'm finding myself arguing with myself over stuff like this. As an "ex" smoker I found that vaping is a much better solution than gum,snus,patches blah blah blah and I wish I'd never started smoking in the first place (not that I didn't enjoy it cause I did) But the point is that I did smoke and wanted to stop and started vaping because it helped me.

(NOBODY SHOULD SMOKE!! ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 18!!)

People of all ages start smoking for whatever reason it doesn't matter if they're 16 or 60 it's a fact that people start.....Not everyone, but some do. Now, If one of these people decided to start a nicotine addiction wouldn't you feel better if they began vaping? Or should you really have to struggle with your health, smelly clothes, burn marks in your car/home etc. then transfer over to PV's before you're accepted as a PV user? It's kind of a double edge sword when people tell non-nicotiners (?) to not start vaping. I understand that it means it's a bad idea/why would you want to start a nicotine addiction? But if someone knows the risks and still chooses to start and are shunned by users of a better solution they'd probably start smoking because people are more accepting to smokers. It's almost as if we're saying "welcome to the forums, if you're not an ex smoker let me show you the way out"

I understand that people should not start a nicotine addiction whether it be in smoking or vaping, but like I said people of all ages start smoking even though they know all the risks and problems associated with it, so if someone decides to start vaping shouldn't we in some weird way be congratulating these people on choosing the lesser of two evil's? I'm not trying to piss anyone off or anything it's just my honest opinion and I'd like to hear your thoughts on the subject because it seems like it's brought up all the time but I really can't tell where people stand on the subject.

(stepping down from the podium now, would anyone like to come up and say a few words?)

In my opinion and not knowing how much longer we will enjoy the availability and variety we now have ,I would not recomend anyone take a chance on getting addicted to nicotine as they might have to resort to analogs in the future to feed the addiction if somehow the FDA and the people who just dislike us get thier way.I would recomend anyone who is addicted to nicotine now take advantage of this gift and use it to free themselves of the addiction.But having said all that I believe this is America and you all are informed consenting adults use your best judgement on what is right for you.

I say let them light up a cig, then once addicted, come over to the PV if they really want to keep doing something. Why not? Most (almost all) people start at a young age, ignorant and invincible. Luckily I know that is changing to some extent with the kids in my area. They make fun of us smokers.

I just have a problem telling someone if they are going to take it up, choose this instead. If they are asking, we can stop them from choosing either. If they won't, it really doesn't matter anyway, they will choose one or the other. Yes - we can say if you must, choose this. But what kind of person would say they "must" do it, totally weird.

JMHO

This is a real slippery slope. I totally agree with you that if someone is really serious about acquiring a nic addiction, we should point them to VP's. But if it really catches on with the teen crowd, vaping days may be numbered.

This is a real slippery slope. I totally agree with you that if someone is really serious about acquiring a nic addiction, we should point them to VP's. But if it really catches on with the teen crowd, vaping days may be numbered.

yo i completly agree with you there. If teens start using PV's pardon my language, but we are ******. Just imagine if the fda sees kids using these things.. then they have legit grounds to ban them. Although, unless someone buys it for them i dont see how PV's could get into thier hands. On any note, Obviously if your going to start an addiction Pv's would be a better choice. i guess it all depends on personal prefrence, but to answer your question, if someoe is not addicted to nicotine, i dont recomend they start a nicotine habit period, whether it be vaping or cigarettes. Why get yourself addcited to something just for no reason?

yo i completly agree with you there. If teens start using PV's pardon my language, but we are ******. Just imagine if the fda sees kids using these things.. then they have legit grounds to ban them. Although, unless someone buys it for them i dont see how PV's could get into thier hands. On any note, Obviously if your going to start an addiction Pv's would be a better choice. i guess it all depends on personal prefrence, but to answer your question, if someoe is not addicted to nicotine, i dont recomend they start a nicotine habit period, whether it be vaping or cigarettes. Why get yourself addcited to something just for no reason?

I agree, but then, think about it ... WE picked up a nicotine habit for NO REASON as well LOL. We didn't start smoking for any LOGICAL reasons. We didn't THINK at all, we just DID. The ones that confuse me the most are the adults who've never smoked and suddenly want to smoke or vape. And talk about it as if they are being logical.

EXCUSE ME? Putting crap in your body is NOT a logical process. Whether you do it by smoking or vaping, you are putting stuff in your body that has NO BUSINESS there. I started smoking at the ripe old age of 9. Perhaps that's why I can't fathom the idea of picking up the habit as an adult.

I've often wondered who thought of smoking in the first place way back, sometime after the invention of fire. If you'd never seen it done, what would make you think you should breathe smoke I wonder?

I like how most suppliers sell/advertize their products. They show what they have and they give a price. If anyone seriously was looking to buy I'm sure they would do some research first. If not they might waste thier money and end up with what they don't want. I am totally against marketing e-cigs to non-smokers but if a non-smoker wants to try one out he should have every right to. I don't think it would be a disaster for some non smokeres to take up vaping. Even if they get hooked I don't thind they go to cigaretts or cigars.

It's been almost 3 smoke free months for me. I did smoke half a cigar and a couple puffes on different ocations but I still consider myself SMOKE FREE. I don't say I'm a non smoker. Mabey when I ween myself off of Nic. alltogether I will make that claim. Non smokers who start vaping with Nic should consider themselves smokers and they have every right to do so. I'm still not sure where I'm going with this but I still use nicotine and I too think this is the lesser of two evils.

I agree, but then, think about it ... WE picked up a nicotine habit for NO REASON as well LOL. We didn't start smoking for any LOGICAL reasons. We didn't THINK at all, we just DID. The ones that confuse me the most are the adults who've never smoked and suddenly want to smoke or vape. And talk about it as if they are being logical.

EXCUSE ME? Putting crap in your body is NOT a logical process. Whether you do it by smoking or vaping, you are putting stuff in your body that has NO BUSINESS there. I started smoking at the ripe old age of 9. Perhaps that's why I can't fathom the idea of picking up the habit as an adult.

I've often wondered who thought of smoking in the first place way back, sometime after the invention of fire. If you'd never seen it done, what would make you think you should breathe smoke I wonder?

That was my point...

But what kind of person would say they "must" do it, totally weird.

If someone shows up in a forum, asks i they should do this or smoking, you are not dealing with someone who got hooked like we did behind the 7-11, in the park, etc. They're asking, the answer is no!!!! Neither!!!

That was my point...

From my previous post "But what kind of person would say they "must" do it, totally weird."

If someone shows up in a forum, asks i they should do this or smoking, you are not dealing with someone who got hooked like we did behind the 7-11, in the park, etc. They're asking, the answer is no!!!! Neither!!!