Putting Away Some Winter Clothes

It's starting to warm up now, so I had this great idea of getting out some summer clothes and putting away some winter clothes. It's cold enough in the morning to wear a sweatshirt, but warm enough in the afternoon for a short sleeved shirt. So, I dump all of the summer clothes out onto my bed to look through them, try them on, etc. I put one shirt on and immediately had to take it off. I gathered up the whole pile of clothes and put them in the washer. They all smelled like stale SMOKE! All these years I've never noticed that, but boy did I notice it this year. Yuck. I had packed these clothes away before I quit smoking, so they still had the smell on them. And since I didn't want to smell that smell any more, they all had to be washed. I never imagined I'd be one of those ex-smokers who hated the smell of smoke, but I am. Ain't it great? :thumbup:

Hey Nana, I'm with you on that. I stayed away from my workshop for the longest time because it was such a trigger for me. I'm now working in my shop quite a bit (working on super secret stuff) and it is just now starting to air out. It is so wonderful to not smell like that anymore or to put people through having to smell 2nd hand smoke.

After reading this, I can count myself extra lucky for having a clothesline. My clothes will really need that airing. AWESOME!!!!! Best stink in the whole world... the stink of yesterday. Tomorrow smells fresh. :) (unless you're around the cows like I am... where's my ciggys??? peeeeuuuuu!! lol)

You might want to take an air freshener spray - or something like it - with you, Brandon. It can be quite a shock.

Remember this? I thought it was profoundly funny...and sad. When my sense of smell returned, it was more often than not, not oood.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/3928-you-guys-did-it-to-me/page__view__findpost__p__33541

I do remember that. But I've never noticed the smell in the house so much. Maybe it's there and I just haven't noticed that yet. But these clothes were all bundled up together in a plastic tote, so the smell was probably concentrated. I don't know. But I sure was surprised.

For the workshop you could try those smoke eater candles. They are supposed to take away the smell of active smoke, but I noticed after using them the smoke smell of the whole home office seemed less. Just a thought. Now if you have nicotine staining the walls ..... then no quick fix will help. It's mean green and a paint job LOL.

Well, that was what I did with my mother's house, it needed painting anyway LOL. Maybe there's another cleaner that would take nicotine with out the paint, but that MEAN GREEN is MEAN. LOL

I used it to strip a side table too after seein that. It worked too.