Hi Im New

Steve32

Hi everybody , Im new here . I have a 510 I got here in Canada the box says Toproll on it . The E-Cig works well .

I dont like having too much nicotine in the fluid so Ive read a bunch of threads about mixing your own fluid using VG Glycerin and distilled water from walmart .

I could only find a 100ml bottle of Glycerin USP says its a "topical skin emollient" is this the right stuff to be using , I just want to know its safe and Im not getting "cracked out" on it . The rest of the label doesnt say much and doesnt say " VG " anywhere .

Hi everybody , Im new here . I have a 510 I got here in Canada the box says Toproll on it . The E-Cig works well .

I dont like having too much nicotine in the fluid so Ive read a bunch of threads about mixing your own fluid using VG Glycerin and distilled water from walmart .

I could only find a 100ml bottle of Glycerin USP says its a "topical skin emollient" is this the right stuff to be using , I just want to know its safe and Im not getting "cracked out" on it . The rest of the label doesnt say much and doesnt say " VG " anywhere .

Welcome!!!!!!!!

VG stands for VEGETABLE Glycerine. "Vegetable Glycerine (food grade)

Vegetable Glycerine is a sweet substance typically obtained from palm orcoconut oils. It is an alternative to alcohol for preserving herbal tinctures."

(I googled) so you want something that says FOOD GRADE or EDIBLE or something I think. I'm sure the REAL experts will be along soon though.

I haven't tasted mine, so I don't know if it's sweet. I didn't even think about tasting it go figure LOL

Thanks ,

I just got my 510 last week , so ive had it for 7 days . I love it .

I'm quiting Mary Jane and this vapor thing makes more sense to me .

The nicotine is of little interest to me so I wanted to make my own zero percent nicotine e-liquid .

I have glycerine usp with some distilled water and a few drops of Apple flavored stuff with nicotine in it just for a little flavor .

The resulting vapor from this mixture is really nice , 5 sec even pulls and I get vapor the same like I've seen on demonstrations , so I'm satisfied that it performs the way its supposed to , u just wanted to be sure since I'm a noob that the glycerine usp I bought won't hurt me .

Over the last 7 days I've tripped out several people . It's completely unknown here in Canada , I'm right close to Vancouver .

My friends who smoke are amazed and are clamoring to get their hands on one for themselves

Hi Steve, and welcome to Vapor Talk! You've found a great place. Your USP glycerin is fine; the critical information is "USP" which means it's manufactured under strict guidelines and conforms to a rigorous specification. Be sure to join the DIY Liquid forum as you start mixing and someone there will be all happy to answer your other questions as they come up. :)

You can buy additional flavorings (to bump the flavor that's thinned out (I'm having a vocabulary disfunction!) by adding VG and distilled water) in many hobby stores. I've found Lorann's candy flavorings to be very satisfactory. You may find them in the cake decorating section of a local Hobby Lobby or similar store. If not, you can order online and get the full selection of flavors. You will want to avoid flavorings that are oil-based however; only use water-soluble flavorings for best results. Have fun and vape on!

Welcome to Vapor Talk, Steve. I don't use distilled water in my mixtures, so don't have any advice for you there. I use VG, PG, or a combination of both. If you have trouble finding them locally, you can order either one of those online. And there are several places you can order flavorings online, too.

Good luck with your adventure into vaping.

So far so good .

Vaping is fun . And better for me than smoking .

Already saved some money , and my lung capacity and my athletic ability is improving .

I was at the gym today and since cutting out smoking by 80% or so I felt great

So far so good .

Vaping is fun . And better for me than smoking .

Already saved some money , and my lung capacity and my athletic ability is improving .

I was at the gym today and since cutting out smoking by 80% or so I felt great

It's going to get better too. I'm amazed at how much better I felt, because other than the cough, I didn't KNOW I felt so unhealthy. I was too used to it.

ya , I was surprised , I really didnt realize how unhealthy I was .

It wasnt major , just noticeable . It will get better as I smoke less and less and just vape instead . I enjoy it just as much . Especially when in the car .

I have to agree with TeriJo here. It does get better and better. And you'll be surprised at the things you're starting to notice. I'll never forget the first time I smelled the coffee brewing again. I knew I couldn't smell it anymore, but was sure surprised when I smelled it again for the first time in years. I wasn't expecting that to happen. And the first time I ran up the basement stairs and wasn't out of breath. Wow!

wow , ya running up stairs is noticably easier . Also noticed after first few days cutting way down on smoking ,my damn food tastes better !

As you give up the analogs, you notice other things too. You smell better, your car smells better.

Aside from health advantages, there are these.

You don't burn a hole in your polyester shirt if you drop your ecig.

You don't have to find the right angle in the wind to light your Ecig

The wind won't blow your hair into your ecig and singe your hair either

No ashes or smoke blowing back at you when the wind changes. Smoke in your eyes HURTS lol. I've gotten vape in my eyes too, but it stings like half a second. And an ash in your eye....OW.

No loose tobacco in your shirt pocket or purse, or wherever you normally carry your cigarettes. Although I suppose you could get ejuice everywhere if something leaks.

I dropped my ecig on the floor of the car the other day. Next to the door where I just plain couldn't get it. And it dawned on me. I didn't have to scream OMG find a place to pull over. There was no danger of my habit burning up the car. :) I grant you I wanted it. I didn't like it down there on the floor where I couldn't vape it, but there was no DANGER in it being there. When we got to where we were going I just opened the door and picked it up.

So, can you tell I rather like vaping? You can? Wow, I thought I hid it better! :harhar:

wow , ya running up stairs is noticably easier . Also noticed after first few days cutting way down on smoking ,my damn food tastes better !

I do notice a difference in how food tastes. Some of it does taste better, but some of it I don't like as much as I thought I did.

And along with being able to smell good things, you also get to smell some really bad stuff that you might wish you couldn't smell. :X

Edited by nana

I do notice a difference in how food tastes. Some of it does taste better, but some of it I don't like as much as I thought I did.

And along with being able to smell good things, you also get to smell some really bad stuff that you might wish you couldn't smell. :X

Amen! Like other smokers! :D

And yeah, food tastes so much better I want to eat ... all the time! Cripes, I'm already old and fat, I can't be enjoying freakin food! :D I guess I could eat liver all the time. That would keep me from getting any larger. Wouldn't it? I mean, quitting smoking doesn't make liver taste good, does it?!

I just fixed my wonderful lasagna sauce for lunch. Haven't had it in months. It sounded good, smelled great, and tasted like GARLIC!! I had to ask everyone else if it tasted like too much garlic. No one else thought so. So...it must be me. It finally dawned on me that I haven't had any since I quit smoking and that must be the difference. It just seemed so very strong to me.

So, after five plus months, I'm still noticing differences. :yes

Edited by nana