Propylene Glycol

Luke

Hey all a cool bit of info I pulled of a website about Propylene Glycol. link here PG Website

"The use and effects of propylene glycol have been thoroughly researched. It has been used safely for more than 50 years, including adoption in health-sensitive applications such as food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals, where the molecule mainly serves as non-active ingredient or carrier of other substances.

Studies have proven that propylene glycol has a very low degree of toxicity. In the body, propylene glycol is rapidly converted into lactic acid, in a similar manner to what happens with with sugar (energy) in the muscles during sports.

For the environment, studies have shown that propylene glycol is neither persistent nor does it bio-accumulate - it is readily biodegradable."

Interesting part was the lactic acid, another good reason why you should drink more water when switching to vaping, I have had some customers (mainly ones that I find after asking if they drink water on a regular basis, and they say they don't.) report muscle and joint pain. (this may be a good cause of that). Anywho just some interesting info, and hey most people don't drink enough water anyway :P I know I didn't but I sure do drink alot more water now.

Luke

Good find there Luke, thanks for sharing! And another excellent point about drinking more water while vaping.

For me personally, I feel less cravings for water since I've switched to vaping (nothing like a burnt analog to dry out your mouth). But I vape nearly all VG nowadays, so that may have something to do with it too. I've heard lots of folks mention that VG feels more drying to their mouth/throat than PG, but to me it's completely the opposite.

I'm also glad to hear that PG itself is biodegradable. Yet another substance that in itself doesn't cause concern.

Thank you sir!

Good find there Luke, thanks for sharing! And another excellent point about drinking more water while vaping.

For me personally, I feel less cravings for water since I've switched to vaping (nothing like a burnt analog to dry out your mouth). But I vape nearly all VG nowadays, so that may have something to do with it too. I've heard lots of folks mention that VG feels more drying to their mouth/throat than PG, but to me it's completely the opposite.

I'm also glad to hear that PG itself is biodegradable. Yet another substance that in itself doesn't cause concern.

Thank you sir!

:thumbsup: