Your Wisdom Please

joedougfish

so after watching a bunch of reviews and reading all of your suggestions, me and my buddy have decided to go with the 510. someone mention buying it from rocky mountain vapor cause they have a 44 dollar no shipping cost deal. just curious if thats a good call or if anyone has any better suggestions. oh also, the 510 seems like a better e cig than my last one (some overpriced pen style that sucked horribly) but it seems like the tornado and the janty stick v3 are very good as well, are they actually better and would it be worth the extra 40 or 50 bucks?

thanks,

joe

I personally haven't dealt with RMV but I'm sure someone will chime in on that.

As for the Tornado (which is the same as the Janty eGo) Yes, it's worth it to me. Super long battery life compared to the 510. Consistent vapor production. And it just looks cool.

so after watching a bunch of reviews and reading all of your suggestions, me and my buddy have decided to go with the 510. someone mention buying it from rocky mountain vapor cause they have a 44 dollar no shipping cost deal. just curious if thats a good call or if anyone has any better suggestions. oh also, the 510 seems like a better e cig than my last one (some overpriced pen style that sucked horribly) but it seems like the tornado and the janty stick v3 are very good as well, are they actually better and would it be worth the extra 40 or 50 bucks?

thanks,

joe

thanks,

joe

My simple advice is get the 510, get some backup attys, backup batts maybe, backup juice, backup charger. If you really want to go the mod route, then if it breaks, you have your backups to get you through a repair. If you choose a 510 mod or adapters that utilize the 510 attys, then it's not money wasted. If you feel your old one will serve as a backup or you don't mind going to cigs if something goes wrong, then a mod is in the picture. The mods are about volts and/or battery life which can be important as well. decisions decisions ;-)

Added if you were a complete noobie, I would recommend the 510 just to make sure you will get into it so you don't waste the money but that's not really the case here...

Edited by FTJoe

I wouldn't classify the Tornado/eGo as a mod. It is really a supped up 510. 2 eGo batts seem more than enough for me. But defiantly get a couple extra attys. It's pretty cool you'll have a friend using the same so you 2 can cover each other with parts.

My simple advice is get the 510, get some backup attys, backup batts maybe, backup juice, backup charger. If you really want to go the mod route, then if it breaks, you have your backups to get you through a repair. If you choose a 510 mod or adapters that utilize the 510 attys, then it's not money wasted. If you feel your old one will serve as a backup or you don't mind going to cigs if something goes wrong, then a mod is in the picture. The mods are about volts and/or battery life which can be important as well. decisions decisions ;-)

Added if you were a complete noobie, I would recommend the 510 just to make sure you will get into it so you don't waste the money but that's not really the case here...

I wouldn't classify the Tornado/eGo as a mod. It is really a supped up 510. 2 eGo batts seem more than enough for me. But defiantly get a couple extra attys. It's pretty cool you'll have a friend using the same so you 2 can cover each other with parts.

Uh oh - I sense the argument coming up on the definition of a mod (but not from me).

I think you're right its not a mod, but I guess my point is these are not the regular fodder one finds out there, attys and batts, all at $10 a piece or so. With the 510 starter, you have an extra batt, atty, etc. One fails no big deal, vape away while waiting for more. If the ego itself fails, there is no backup body. Basically these are devices where the electronics are separated from the batteries. Once your unit fails, you better have a backup unit as you are sending it in or smoking again which many people hate doing.

Edited by FTJoe

Well he could buy (2) 510 starter kits, but the (4) 510 batts still wouldn't last as long as 1 of the eGo batts. The eGo does come with 2 batts so that's over 20 hours of worry free vaping as opposed to maybe the 6 hours you would get out of 4 510 batts. The original question was "is it worth the extra 40 or 50 bucks?" Speaking as someone who has both units, I say yes without a doubt it's worth it. :)

Uh oh - I sense the argument coming up on the definition of a mod (but not from me).

I think you're right its not a mod, but I guess my point is these are not the regular fodder one finds out there, attys and batts, all at $10 a piece or so. With the 510 starter, you have an extra batt, atty, etc. One fails no big deal, vape away while waiting for more. If the ego itself fails, there is no backup body. Basically these are devices where the electronics are separated from the batteries. Once your unit fails, you better have a backup unit as you are sending it in or smoking again which many people hate doing.

Not sure I'm following. The Ego battery is just like the 510 battery in that there is no separate body. The only part that isn't battery or atty or cart is the atty cover, and you don't HAVE to have that (it's just really coool)

The mods I THINK you are referring to, like the Screwdriver and all, you have a body and switch batteries in and out.

Unless I'm missing something, that means the Ego would be closer to the 510 than to a mod.

However it IS more expensive. It is much easier to talk yourself into spending $50 on the 510 when you have no idea if this is going to work for you. Some folks spend that much on a carton of cigarettes. $80 is a little harder to justify taking the plunge to yourself.

Anyway mod or "not the mod" I love my Ego. Don't tell my husband, okay?

Walks away massaging her Ego

yeah this isnt my first foray into e cigs but this will be better than my last one. so here is my question, because my understanding of the tornado is that it is basically a 510 with a battery that kicks the 510's butt, couldnt you just get a battery for the 510 other than the standard that would serve the same purpose? then in the event of it failing you wouldnt have to have a backup unit or whatever

yeah this isnt my first foray into e cigs but this will be better than my last one. so here is my question, because my understanding of the tornado is that it is basically a 510 with a battery that kicks the 510's butt, couldnt you just get a battery for the 510 other than the standard that would serve the same purpose? then in the event of it failing you wouldnt have to have a backup unit or whatever

The 510 unit fits a lot of batteries and mods. They have the 510 mega battery, but i think you have to have the mega atty with that.

Many of the mods use the 510 atty as well. That's partly why folks recommend it over the DSE-901. I prefer the 901 for the flavors, but the 510 gives that rougher throat hit I crave. But then there are adapters so you can use any atty on any battery you want, well, between the dse and the joyes anyway lol

Welcome to Vapor Talk, joedougfish.

If you were new to vaping, I'd say you should probably start with the regular 510 unit, but since you're not...in my opinion, the eGo is really worth the money. I have the regular 510 and love it, but the batteries do not last very long. About 1 to 1 1/2 hours each. I keep that unit as a backup.

The eGo is basically the same thing. It consists of a cartridge, a 510 atty, and a battery - just like the regular 510. But the battery is bigger than the regular batteries and lasts 6 hours or longer. So, to get the same amount of time from the regular 510 unit, you would have to have at least 4 of the regular batteries to get that amount of time. So the eGo batteries are a lot more convienent - not so much time spent charging and changing batteries. The replacement batteries are more pricey, but really are only twice as much as a regular battery, but you get a lot more than twice the time from them between chargers. So, to me, that is well worth it. I think, overall, it doesn't end up costing more because of the extra length of time on the batteries. Plus, the eGo does come with that cool cover that make the whole unit look so elegant.

So, yes, I think the eGo is the way to go. Hands down!

I only have the two batteries, but will be ordering a couple more soon. I don't want to have to rely on only one battery if one dies on me. I do need my backups. :thumbsup:

Not sure I'm following. The Ego battery is just like the 510 battery in that there is no separate body. The only part that isn't battery or atty or cart is the atty cover, and you don't HAVE to have that (it's just really coool)

yes - sorry for the confusion, question was asked about the Ego and JantyStick. I thoughtlessly dragged the Ego into the mix with the Janty Stick. I have a JS, it's a battery, body, atty and carts. The ego is indeed only a battery, atty and carts. My comments really only relate to the JS (unless V3 is different), but at $25 a battery...I wouldn't choose the ego as a fist real PV. I did say my comments were simple...I just like the "inexpensiveness" of the 510 parts, is very appealing and a great way to have a backup when you go for the higher volt model, longer battery life, etc.

yes - sorry for the confusion, question was asked about the Ego and JantyStick. I thoughtlessly dragged the Ego into the mix with the Janty Stick. I have a JS, it's a battery, body, atty and carts. The ego is indeed only a battery, atty and carts. My comments really only relate to the JS (unless V3 is different), but at $25 a battery...I wouldn't choose the ego as a fist real PV. I did say my comments were simple...I just like the "inexpensiveness" of the 510 parts, is very appealing and a great way to have a backup when you go for the higher volt model, longer battery life, etc.

I'm not so hard to confuse :) LOL As long as you don't DISS MY EGO. (giggle)

The first PV, yes the 510 is way perfecto and stuff.

Speaking of the Ego, I just realized I've only used the DURA atty, haven't touched the spare 510 I bought with it. So....is there a noticible difference between the Dura and the one I got as a spare (Gold band says Janty) in how it handles flavor or anything?

The 510 unit fits a lot of batteries and mods. They have the 510 mega battery, but i think you have to have the mega atty with that.

Many of the mods use the 510 atty as well. That's partly why folks recommend it over the DSE-901. I prefer the 901 for the flavors, but the 510 gives that rougher throat hit I crave. But then there are adapters so you can use any atty on any battery you want, well, between the dse and the joyes anyway lol

First to answer your question--The Ego is definatly worth the extra $$ in my opinion.

As to Terijo's statement--The 510 mega battery works with any 510 atty. The 510 mega atty needs the 510 mega carts (that is where the confusion comes in)--I'm not normally one to correct people but I just wanted to clarify the information (please forgive me Terijo)--I'm gonna go hide in my corner now-- :sofa:

I'm not so hard to confuse :) LOL As long as you don't DISS MY EGO. (giggle)

The first PV, yes the 510 is way perfecto and stuff.

Speaking of the Ego, I just realized I've only used the DURA atty, haven't touched the spare 510 I bought with it. So....is there a noticible difference between the Dura and the one I got as a spare (Gold band says Janty) in how it handles flavor or anything?

I would have to say as far as the attys go I've used both and it has seemed to me that the 510's I got from Parked ran warmer then the Janty Duras. I personally liked then non-Janty 510's they seemed to have a little more oomph and gave the vapor a little warmth also it seemed that the 510's from Parked had a slightly narrower bridge. As far a flavor change I never really noticed any. That's if were talking regular 510 attys.

Edited by DevilDucky

I would have to say as far as the attys go I've used both and it has seemed to me that the 510's I got from Parked ran warmer then the Janty Duras. I personally liked then non-Janty 510's they seemed to have a little more oomph and gave the vapor a little warmth also it seemed that the 510's from Parked had a slightly narrower bridge. As far a flavor change I never really noticed any. That's if were talking regular 510 attys.

Thanks!!! I know Dse 901 versus 510s were quite different, so was wondering between the different kinds of 510s.

Hiya!!! Personally I like the 510 myself. However, I just ordered a PureSmoker Prodigy V2

and am currently awaiting its arrival. For 97 bucks the Prodigy cant be beat.!!!

It takes 2-3 volt rechargable batteries,you can buy an adaptor for your 510..

Ive found over time that with the battery the 510 is a little weak for my taste

so I constructed a 5 volt usb plug thingy with a tact switch.I'll tell ya , it

opened up the 510 atty like it was spring nationals drag racing. It Rocks!!

If ya like Ill draw up plans for ya and email them to you :)(<<<Electronics Tech 35 years)

Happy Vaping!!! Pepsi Moon