Unsure Of What Nic Content To Drop To...

Ponyboy

Hi all. I'm new to vaping (less than a week). I got a 510 and got some 18mg juice with it. I've noticed that the juice gives me headaches when I vape as much as I'd like to, so I'm going to try a lower concentration. I know this is a personal preference thing, but I was wondering if you guys think I should go for 11mg or even lower to 6mg?

I'm not sure exactly how much I currently vape, but I don't chain vape. That's about as good an estimate as I can give. Haven't paid much attention to it...

Any help is appreciated!

Hi ponyboy, Its always good to listen to your body. If you're getting headaches thats a good sign you're getting too much nic. How much did you smoke before? You may wanna drop down to 10mg or even 6mg but that's gonna be up to how much you vape and how your body reacts to the nic.

Edited by jeffb

Hi ponyboy, Its always good to listen to your body. If you're getting headaches thats a good sign you're getting too much nic. How much did you smoke before? You may wanna drop down to 10mg or even 6mg but that gonna be up to how much you vape and how your body reacts to the nic.

I used to smoke a little less than a pack a day, and at times did quit for periods of a month or so before starting again. At times, I would smoke more than a pack a day as well. I just don't wanna get an 11mg juice and find it's still too strong. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by Ponyboy

I completely understand about not wanting to get some juice you will end up not using. Maybe you should get some 6mg juice. If you find its not enough, you can always vape more of it to get the nic your body is craving. There is a learning curve up front with vaping. You will find what works best for you.

Edited by jeffb

Hi all. I'm new to vaping (less than a week). I got a 510 and got some 18mg juice with it. I've noticed that the juice gives me headaches when I vape as much as I'd like to, so I'm going to try a lower concentration. I know this is a personal preference thing, but I was wondering if you guys think I should go for 11mg or even lower to 6mg?

I'm not sure exactly how much I currently vape, but I don't chain vape. That's about as good an estimate as I can give. Haven't paid much attention to it...

Any help is appreciated!

If you have the 18 still around, get some 6, mix them up evenly and you should have 12mg, also will let you do 6 straight as well. If the 6 seems good and you still have 18 left, see if you can get some zero to mix with the 18, that will bring you to 9, lower if you use more of the lower strength. You can also get some VG juice (links are all over the place to see where to buy) and cut it down but flavor will be cut as well. Bottom line is are you sure the headaches are from vaping too much higher nicotine? I started at 24mg, but I stuck to my old smoking regimen, going outside, take about 5 minutes, try to go an hour between, etc. I was afraid of how much nicotine I was getting. Once I started bringing the level down I vaped like a fiend. Also, I see people using different strengths throughout the day. High in the morning and a couple times during the day, lower for the constant vaping, etc. Feeds both addictions.

I've seen two theories, start high and bring it down, start low and bring it up. Both have problems, I believe the issue with starting low is not feeding the nicotine monster ends up coming at you sideways, in other words it's subtle. Long story short I don't believe smoking is a direct result of your body calling for nicotine. Your brain has related good feelings with nicotine, and so when stressed (perhaps because of nicotine withdrawal) it relates the hand to mouth and vapor with getting calmer and calls for you to do it. One of the reasons vaping is almost a stress free substitute.