Weird Vp2 Stuff

So my VP2 had been great up until last week, the lights started flickering and it was acting up, so I tried to pull the center post up a bit and then it seemed fine. The next day it happened again and again I fixed it. Things were good for a few days and then I had the problem again, but I swear I wasn't tightening anything too much, so I tried pulling the post up again but this time it was still all flickery. I found if I really pressed the button down hard it would supply enough juice to the atty, but then the atty seemed to get really hot really fast. I was sad and figured I'd have to send it in for repairs. The next day everything was fine, it worked perfectly and I was happy. Then today it wouldn't work right allllllllll day and I was really annoyed, I kept fooling with it and cleaning it and trying to pull the post up. Finally I broke down and contacted Vaprlife to see about getting it repaired, I ordered a Spade to get me through the time I would be without the VP2 (wanted to wait until after I got the VP-PT but this was the perfect excuse to buy one now.) I got home from work and sure enough doesn't the silly thing work absolutely perfect again. I think it's possessed! :D

I just don't get it, it worked perfectly for 3 weeks and now it's all goofy, I must have banged it around or something. I wonder if it's working well again because it's afraid it will be replaced by the pretty little spade, haha.

J0T, this sounds like dirty contacts to me. I've had similar issues and once I cleaned everything really well it's gone on to be just fine. If just cleaning/drying the contacts on the VP2 and atty with a paper towel or something doesn't solve it, try cleaning with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. If it's still possessed, it's a nice enough unit to send off for repair. I will never give mine up! ;)

My VP2 gives me similar problems. I would clean all the fittings and it would work fine for awhile and then start acting up again. Then a couple of days ago I took a paper clip and moved it all around inside the hole of the atomizer connection on the VP2 and it seems to be working fine now. That got me to thinking that the paper clip must of removed a film of something that was causing connection problems. It kind of surprised me because I had cleaned that connection with alcohol a few times and I wouldn't think there would be film left on it.

Hmmm, I clean it pretty regularly, but not with alcohol. It looks clean to me but some extra cleaning can't hurt, there might be a thin film or some gunk I can't see. Thanks for the advice!

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add that I had some similair issues with mine and discovered that the problem was actually in the spring/cap end of the unit. I messed around a bit with the spring, etc. and found that it wasn't making the right contact for some reason. After some playing around I have solved the issue and it's working great still. Just be really carefull you don't snug your atty down on it too tight. Just barely tighten it so you don't jack up that center post! :thumbsup: