E Juice Question

sensay

Was curious if there is a way to mix something with your ejuice to lower the nicotine in it. I bought the high level ejuice right away. I smoke 1 pack a day and thought it sounded right, but as I am getting more familiar with the ecig I realize that the urge comes along alot more often then when I was using analogs. I dont want to over do it and do not have the money right now to re order.

Hey Sensay! Try taking either some 0mg liquid or PG to split the liquid. I suggest heading over to our DIY Liquid sub forum

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/forum/131-diy-e-liquid-forum/

Lots of info there to get you started :)

I have had to buy some 0 nic to mix down some too high before,just order the same flavor or something close to it.The PG or VG will reduce it but the flavor will get weaker as well.

you can either by straight PG or VG and cut it with that that will make the nicotine weaker but also the flavor a bit, or buy some 0mg nicotine juice of the same flavors and cut it with that to keep the flavor.

Was curious if there is a way to mix something with your ejuice to lower the nicotine in it. I bought the high level ejuice right away. I smoke 1 pack a day and thought it sounded right, but as I am getting more familiar with the ecig I realize that the urge comes along alot more often then when I was using analogs. I dont want to over do it and do not have the money right now to re order.

Hi Sensay,

Welcome to the flock. You've come to the right place for help. I experienced the same thing when I first started about six weeks ago. I thought I was definitely ODing on nicotine, as I was using the high-nic juice, 24mg, I think. As I was told, you'll vape more than you smoked, because your e-cig doesn't burn down, signaling you to quit like an analog does. You might want to pace yourself, putting the e-cig down to cool for a while between drags. I actually timed my vaping. I smoked a regular cigarette, Doral Lights 100, and timed how long it took it to burn down and how many drags I got from normal smoking per cigarette. Then I timed myself vaping, and Wow! I was keeping that thing in my hand probably twice as long. I think you'll find that cutting down on the nicotine level might not help, as doing that will make the throat hits much less satisfying. After a while, when you've learned to pace yourself, then add a little 0 nic juice to gradually cut back on nicotine. I'm afraid you won't be happy if you suddenly just go to a milder vape. Hope this helps. ....Pam

Sensay, you can go to the drug store, or any place that sells a lot of baking and cake decorating supplies, and find yourself a bottle of vegetable glycerin. (VG) Look for a bottle that says something like "99+% Glycerin U.S.P." You can use that to cut your juice as much as you want. You will loose some favor if you add a lot, but you'll get lots of sweet tasting vapor! I will vape straight VG, especially late in the evening, so I don't get a nicotine rush before I try to sleep.

I buy 2 oz. bottles at the local baker's supply shop for $2.25.

Edited by SmokinHammer

If you don't want to lose flavor...Mix it with lower concentrations of the same juice. If you mix a 24 with an 11, you'll get 18. Mix more of the lower to get even lower than that. If there's a zero mg version close to what you bought the sky's the limit to cutting down the mg without cutting the flavor.

I do not have the money right now to re order.

I don't mean to be a jerk, it just comes to me naturally. Part of Sensay's problem is that she doesn't have the cash to order more stuff, like lower or zero strength juice in the same flavor, right now. I totally understand, because I don't like to place an order until I can afford to get enough stuff get free shipping.

Sensay, if the flavor thing becomes a prob, and you happen to find a baker's supply near you, check and see if they have any LorAnn's flavorings. 1/2 dram bottles are like $1.25 and are what some of us use to flavor home made liquids. Just a couple drops can give you a little flavor boost.

Already saw the posts suggesting VG. Just pointing out if she doesn't want to waste or lose flavor, she can mix instead of just trying a lower one and throwing away the higher one. I assume at some point in time she will have the money else she will certainly have to stretch the current bottle, she didn't quite lead on to when that may be. ;-)

hi everyone!!! Thank you all so much for all your help and support! You guys are great. I hope one day I will be here helping all the noobies. :unworthy: I went to cvs and could not find the pg. I will try walmart tomorrow. As far as the flavors I bought apple cinnamon , vanilla , and mint. by the way is there a certain time you all get together to chat? would love to chat with you all.

hi everyone!!! Thank you all so much for all your help and support! You guys are great. I hope one day I will be here helping all the noobies. :unworthy: I went to cvs and could not find the pg. I will try walmart tomorrow. As far as the flavors I bought apple cinnamon , vanilla , and mint. by the way is there a certain time you all get together to chat? would love to chat with you all.

We are in chat right now---actually, I'm usually in chat between 6 and 9 pm est---but others stay later

FYI - I think it's VG you're looking for. Not sure I can help with Apple Cinnamon or vanilla, I'll PM about the mint...