Bad news and good news.

Time for the bad news. So last night I went to change my battery for my 801 took it off the charger screwed it on and started puffing nothing LED comes on but no vaper. I blew across the hole to make sure there was no liquid in the battery DAMM dead battery.

So today I took apart the battery to see if a wire came undone looked fine so I got my volt meter and tested battery 0.7 volts not good.

Now time for good news I hade a old XBOX 360 controller charger that my dog ate the end that plugs into the controller not the USB end. So I cut it off and striped wires so I could test volts to see wich were pos.+ and neg.- red was + and black was - that was easy andt the volt meter was reading 4.5-4.7 volts.

I found a press to turn on and release to turn off switch from a pen that had a LED light in it soldered the pos.+ wire from the USB to switch then to the center of the battery conector and the neg- to the side of it tested it wow it works.

After testing it I put it back together in the old battery tube taped up switch on the outside and WOW this thing rips like a champ.

I tried to take pics but my iPhone sucks for up close pic I will get a digital cam and show how I did it. Not really that hard if you can solder.

Here's the pics took a while couldn't figure it out. Rember it's a penstyle

Not to hard to do and if you have a bad battery and extra USB whats to lose. Kinda crapy but will clean up the white tape and hot glue it together.

I had to use a mini tourch to melt the glue on the inside of battery threads and then used pliers to pull it out with battery.

P4220244.jpg

Orange wire is the power lead positive+ the black is the negative-

P4220249.jpg

The positive wire is in the center pluging the hole with solder so no liquid can get in and short out my USB

P4220247.jpg

The orange wire goes back to the switch and the red one is the power from the usb you can see where my dog ate it.

P4220250.jpg

Yes i'm vaping with a Microsoft product sweet.

Also I pluged my passthrough into this iPod or iPhone wall charger and tested volts are 3.5 and it does work

P4220253.jpg

So now that I see how easy that was I'll make them for whatever style e-cig I get.

Nice.... so probably any usb cable laying around would work Ill have to digg out my volt meter next time im home as Im the soldering master (LOTS of paintball and car audio mods ;) ) and dremell a nice little hole to set the switch in and ittle be money, finally a use for my dead batts laying around Ill have to whip some up for Chris Sean and myself.