Headaches With 24Mg?

I'm a newbie...started vaping last thursday - today has been my first full day w/o an analog. I didn't care for the Marlboro juice and generic tobacco carts which came with my 510. Got a hold of some menthol, coffee & a few other flaves in 24mg. Love the flavor of the coffee, mixed with menthol (sounds weird but tasty to me) however, I've been getting massive headaches after about 2 rounds of direct dripping. I was a Marlboro Light smoker (pack a day)...are the headaches maybe brought on by the strength of the 24mg liquid? I've read about folks also having issues with PG juice, as well. I just ordered the Red Oak VG juice from Johnson Creek in the 11mg to sample. I figured it may be easier to vape that stuff with more regularity.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences to share.

Thanks in advance!

scott

Edited by hardwired

Hi scott, Yes too much nic can cause headaches. Since you were only at a pack a day maybe you would want to either cut back on how much you vape or decrease to a lower nic level. It still happens to me if I vape too much. :)

Jeff is right. Think you just have too high a nic level. Try using 16 or 18 and see what happens.

I was a 2 to 4pk a day smoker and I still get a headache when I vape 24 for too long.

And let me know how that new Johnson Creek is, was looking into that. Would like to hear about it.

Hardwired, while you're waiting for the new juice, you could go to the pharmacy, or a place that sells baking supplies like a wally-mart, and try to find some VG to add on your own. Look for stuff that says usg 99% glycerin. (Grab an eyedropper if the bottle doesn't have a drip cap!) Obviously, mixing equal parts with your 24mg juice will give you 12mg strength. You'll lose some flavor, but you'll have something to vape and you can see if the headaches go away. Good luck and welcome to Vapor Talk!

Hardwired, while you're waiting for the new juice, you could go to the pharmacy, or a place that sells baking supplies like a wally-mart, and try to find some VG to add on your own. Look for stuff that says usg 99% glycerin. (Grab an eyedropper if the bottle doesn't have a drip cap!) Obviously, mixing equal parts with your 24mg juice will give you 12mg strength. You'll lose some flavor, but you'll have something to vape and you can see if the headaches go away. Good luck and welcome to Vapor Talk!

+1 buddy. thumbup.gif

Yup headaches can definitely be happining if your using too high a dose of nicotine. Also I noticed that PG liquid dried out my mouth a bit easpecially when I frist started, so drinking more water (especially while your vaping) but through out the day definitrly helped me in the beginning. And now of course I find that I drink more water as a whole, which of course is always a good thing.