What Am I Doing Wrong? Help

Char

I thought I had the hang of this....have an 801 and my "first" liquid was from Liquid Express..medium nic. Everything was all great..lots of vapor; sometimes too much! hehe. Then I ordered new liquid from Vapor Talk; still med. nicotine, and VERY LITTLE VAPOR...I feel like I am sucking air most of the time. Sometimes, not always, after I try to "puff" maybe 10 times or more, then it might finally get going but still very "airy"...; but most of the time I just clean it out and go back to the Liquid Express. The Vapor Talk liquid seems "thinner" or something. Do different liquids make more vapor? And some make hardly any? Are their "differences".....I'm pretty frustrated because I haven't had an analog since the day I started with the e-cig but this just won't cut it!!! I have very little Liquid Express..and 3 brand new bottles of Vapor Talk Juice and I sure would love to be more happy with it. Any suggestions please! Also, I've tried cleaning out the atomizer, blowing it out, letting it cool off....different amounts of drops..anywhere between 2-4....Maybe the nic is different...could that make a difference in the amount of vapor?

Also, has anyone ever gotten a battery that just seem week all the time; like even after being on the charger for two hours it just is not as strong as the other batteries I have.. I've only had my 801 e-cig from Vapor King for 3 weeks. Are my "parts" already wearing out?

I thought I had the hang of this....have an 801 and my "first" liquid was from Liquid Express..medium nic. Everything was all great..lots of vapor; sometimes too much! hehe. Then I ordered new liquid from Vapor Talk; still med. nicotine, and VERY LITTLE VAPOR...I feel like I am sucking air most of the time. Sometimes, not always, after I try to "puff" maybe 10 times or more, then it might finally get going but still very "airy"...; but most of the time I just clean it out and go back to the Liquid Express. The Vapor Talk liquid seems "thinner" or something. Do different liquids make more vapor? And some make hardly any? Are their "differences".....I'm pretty frustrated because I haven't had an analog since the day I started with the e-cig but this just won't cut it!!! I have very little Liquid Express..and 3 brand new bottles of Vapor Talk Juice and I sure would love to be more happy with it. Any suggestions please! Also, I've tried cleaning out the atomizer, blowing it out, letting it cool off....different amounts of drops..anywhere between 2-4....Maybe the nic is different...could that make a difference in the amount of vapor?

Also, has anyone ever gotten a battery that just seem week all the time; like even after being on the charger for two hours it just is not as strong as the other batteries I have.. I've only had my 801 e-cig from Vapor King for 3 weeks. Are my "parts" already wearing out?

Was the first batch VG as opposed to PG? VG has more vapor but I've had lots of VaporTalk juices and no problems with vapor on a 510 or 810 (Janty Stick). Maybe you should get some more Liquid Express until you/we figure it out. Is the battery okay, there's a dropoff on a battery, so I always like to charge mine but if you are saying the Liquid Express is way better than the VaporTalk on the same battery, not sure what it is.

You might want to try some VG on your atty first, then drop in your flavored favorites. Your atty might not be broke in all the way yet. (some take 15 minutes, some take 15 days!). Also, you might try shaking your bottle before using. Also, if you're used to a VG/PG mix, you'll notice a drop in vapor when going to a straight PG with awesome flavor. Always having a VG/PG or VG bottle nearby will remedy the vapor vapes. Hope this helps. If it doesn't, be sure to ask Chris! Maybe he had a vaporless batch and didn't realize it. He'll fix it for ya. :)

Are you direct dripping or using a cart? If the VT juice seems thinner, then I'd definatly say the liquidxpress juice is VG or has some VG in it. You'll get crazy vapor from VG, but you should still get good vapor with VT juice also. What flavors did you get from liquidxpress? I'm wondering if since the VT juice is thinner than what you're use to if maybe you're flooding the atty a little. After you've cleaned out the atty (just roll up a piece of paper towel and insert it in the end and leave it for several minutes, remove and repeat), try using only 3 drops of the VT juice and see if that helps.

Was the first batch VG as opposed to PG? VG has more vapor but I've had lots of VaporTalk juices and no problems with vapor on a 510 or 810 (Janty Stick). Maybe you should get some more Liquid Express until you/we figure it out. Is the battery okay, there's a dropoff on a battery, so I always like to charge mine but if you are saying the Liquid Express is way better than the VaporTalk on the same battery, not sure what it is.

well I'm not sure...I guess I don't know all the vapor "lingo" VG? PG? I have two batteries that are ok...I'm pretty sure. Don't think it's the battery. I'm going to search around and try to figure out what PG & VG mean. Thanks for now!

well I'm not sure...I guess I don't know all the vapor "lingo" VG? PG? I have two batteries that are ok...I'm pretty sure. Don't think it's the battery. I'm going to search around and try to figure out what PG & VG mean. Thanks for now!

Hi Char PG= Propylene Glycol & VG= Vegetable Glycerin.

....Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerol - used to cut your liquids if you find them too strong and for mixing with our juices to make your own liquids. I had to look up what VG & PG mean...duh. But I still don't know if my liquid is VG or PG.....how do you tell? I looked at the Liquid Express site and still don't know.... the flavors I had were Atomic Fireball, Taboo, and Honey Cured Tobacco.

Also, do you charge your battery before it is "totally" gone....they seem worthless towards the end of the charge..OMG, I'm going to have to order ten batteries!! They last about 2 hours and take about 2 hours to charge...how many batteries should a person own???

You might want to try some VG on your atty first, then drop in your flavored favorites. Your atty might not be broke in all the way yet. (some take 15 minutes, some take 15 days!). Also, you might try shaking your bottle before using. Also, if you're used to a VG/PG mix, you'll notice a drop in vapor when going to a straight PG with awesome flavor. Always having a VG/PG or VG bottle nearby will remedy the vapor vapes. Hope this helps. If it doesn't, be sure to ask Chris! Maybe he had a vaporless batch and didn't realize it. He'll fix it for ya. :)

Are you saying to use pure, unflavored VG and vape just that? Or just drop a drop of VG in and THEN ADD some flavored juice? Re: attys not being broke "in" maybe that explains why one of the attys works really well and the other is just "ok"? I just keep using the one that is good....I didn't know that they had a break in period? I think you are telling me to have some VG ready and waiting for when I get a liquid that doesn't produce a lot of vapor? What are the liquids from Vapor Talk...PG? How is a girl to know?? And how in the world would you get a "vaporless" batch? What makes the vapor?....this is too technical for me :) all I want to do is VAPE and not have any problems...lol!!! Thanks for all your help...I'll order some VG I think...http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/iiam.gifhttp://www.vaportalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/help.gif

Are you direct dripping or using a cart? If the VT juice seems thinner, then I'd definatly say the liquidxpress juice is VG or has some VG in it. You'll get crazy vapor from VG, but you should still get good vapor with VT juice also. What flavors did you get from liquidxpress? I'm wondering if since the VT juice is thinner than what you're use to if maybe you're flooding the atty a little. After you've cleaned out the atty (just roll up a piece of paper towel and insert it in the end and leave it for several minutes, remove and repeat), try using only 3 drops of the VT juice and see if that helps.

I'm direct dripping. I like the "crazy vapor" so do you know what the VT juice is? VG or PG? The flavors I have from liquidxpress are Taboo, Atomic Fireball and Honey Cured Tobacco. I looked at their site and can't tell if they are VG or PG. I'm asking everyone the same questions..sorry, but how do you tell one from the other? Is it in the fine print and I just can't see it?? OH, and I cleaned out the atty like you suggested, and put in 3 drops of VT and still...like sucking air and very, very little vapor. OH, and it sounds different too...very "airy" sounding...I don't know how else to explain it. Very frustrating

Maybe you can answer another question for me...is one or the other; PG or VG worse for you? Or, in other words..is one less harmful to your lungs/body?

Thanks Jeff :) I did just figure that out..duh....will you read my replies below and see what you think? Thanks

Looks like it might be a mix of PG/VG but mostly PG. Only reason I really asked is VG produces a lot more vapor than PG but as I said, you really should still be getting good clouds from the VT juice, I've never had an issue. Also, VG can be used as a base so there are VG flavored juices as well. The standard is PG.

Perusing the LiquidXpress site, the flavors you named are all PG based, so the issue is not PG vs VG. There is a definite fall-off when the charge drops on your batteries, and I seldom wait until mine are fully discharged. I'm not familiar with the 801, so I won't speculate there. With my 510, I get a little over two hours of good performance before I need to swap and charge. With my DS905, I get around five or six hours.

If you've been using the same atty for three weeks, it is entirely possible that it has reached the end of its life. I'm discovering that atty life is variable. I have one on my 510 PT that I've been using for a month and is still going strong. I had another on my 510 that only lasted two weeks. I've got it sitting with a chunk of paper towel stuffed in it in my kit box in hopes that I can at least fall back on it in an emergency, but vapor production even with VG juice is terrible.

You know I had the same problem with my 801s .... VT ejuice didn't give off enough vapor with my 801 but did with my 510 and does with the SPADE I recently purchased... I loved my 801 at first until about 3 weeks in and my batteries started to die on me ... My sister purchased an 801 manual battery (button on the battery) and said that it worked so much better then an automatic one. But, we still do not know yet how long that battery will survive as she just purchased it.

What I did before I purchased my SPADE, I purchased some VG from Picasso Moon Soaps and Styles ... and added a little bit to the VT ejuice ... it will cut down the nicotine lvl but it brings up the vapor lvl a whole lot. I now always use half of the ejuice and half VG just because I love vapor ... lol ... But it is definitely the 801 and not the juice ... same thing happened to me on my 801 that I no longer use or will purchase due to the longevity of the model...

I have also found that it takes forever to kick in a new atomizer and sometimes a new atomizer works right away ... weird ... I had to give my mother the atomizers to put on her PassThrough to get them working in 5 minutes ... lol ... hope this was helpful

Celtic

I'm direct dripping. I like the "crazy vapor" so do you know what the VT juice is? VG or PG? The flavors I have from liquidxpress are Taboo, Atomic Fireball and Honey Cured Tobacco. I looked at their site and can't tell if they are VG or PG. I'm asking everyone the same questions..sorry, but how do you tell one from the other? Is it in the fine print and I just can't see it?? OH, and I cleaned out the atty like you suggested, and put in 3 drops of VT and still...like sucking air and very, very little vapor. OH, and it sounds different too...very "airy" sounding...I don't know how else to explain it. Very frustrating

Maybe you can answer another question for me...is one or the other; PG or VG worse for you? Or, in other words..is one less harmful to your lungs/body?

Well this is definatly perplexing. All the flavor you listed are PG based. However, I have some liquidxpress Mr. Bean and Mocha and they vape like they have some VG in them. I'd say they're a mix, but can't be sure. VT juice is PG. Sorry, not much help here. Have you tried using the VT juice in a new atty?

Well this is definatly perplexing. All the flavor you listed are PG based. However, I have some liquidxpress Mr. Bean and Mocha and they vape like they have some VG in them. I'd say they're a mix, but can't be sure. VT juice is PG. Sorry, not much help here. Have you tried using the VT juice in a new atty?

I stated earlier it appears to be a mix because I saw this on the mad scientist page:

"Now it’s not entirely accurate anymore. They are still hand mixed by me, but then bottled and shipped to my good friends at Liquid Xpress. As such, it’s no longer possible to obtain them without Glycerine added. Obviously, the shipping information no longer applies, as you’ll get them from Liquid Xpress. I still wash my hands first, though."

But regardless, it sounds like there is a real issue with the VT juice...none that I ever ran across before or have even seen referenced.

Hello, I have a 510 and it seems that all my neww atty's are what I waould call "airy" until they either get gunked up or broke in, I don't know which, but I have noticed if my cartridge don't fit tight or the battery isn't screwed on tight enough you get alot of air. I have had that happen a time or two. I know these are simple things but hey, you never know, simple problems have simple solutions and alot of you "vaping pro's" have probably forgotten the simple easy to fix problems that you had when you were a newbie. Meaning no offense there's so much on here, it's great!

You know I had the same problem with my 801s .... VT ejuice didn't give off enough vapor with my 801 but did with my 510 and does with the SPADE I recently purchased... I loved my 801 at first until about 3 weeks in and my batteries started to die on me ... My sister purchased an 801 manual battery (button on the battery) and said that it worked so much better then an automatic one. But, we still do not know yet how long that battery will survive as she just purchased it.

What I did before I purchased my SPADE, I purchased some VG from Picasso Moon Soaps and Styles ... and added a little bit to the VT ejuice ... it will cut down the nicotine lvl but it brings up the vapor lvl a whole lot. I now always use half of the ejuice and half VG just because I love vapor ... lol ... But it is definitely the 801 and not the juice ... same thing happened to me on my 801 that I no longer use or will purchase due to the longevity of the model...

I have also found that it takes forever to kick in a new atomizer and sometimes a new atomizer works right away ... weird ... I had to give my mother the atomizers to put on her PassThrough to get them working in 5 minutes ... lol ... hope this was helpful

Celtic

ahhhh, I just luv it when someone has had the same problem...makes me feel like I'm NOT crazy after all!! Thanks for the info for ordering some VG from the Picasso site; I think I'll do that. I love my 810...but this is ridiculous..no vaper..now that's just plain not fun at all!! I do have manual batteries but after only 3 weeks..they are not charging quickly and definitely not holding a charge like they were when I first received them. I would swear that I read that these batteries lasted for at least 300 charges? How are the batteries doing on your Spade? How would you compare them to the 801's for how long they last before having to re-charge? I ordered a Spade today because this is driving me nuts and I DO NOT want to go back to analogs...EVER!! Thanks for your help..this is a great place for info :)

Hello, I have a 510 and it seems that all my neww atty's are what I waould call "airy" until they either get gunked up or broke in, I don't know which, but I have noticed if my cartridge don't fit tight or the battery isn't screwed on tight enough you get alot of air. I have had that happen a time or two. I know these are simple things but hey, you never know, simple problems have simple solutions and alot of you "vaping pro's" have probably forgotten the simple easy to fix problems that you had when you were a newbie. Meaning no offense there's so much on here, it's great!

Thanks for the info Synderbella, maybe I just have to let these attys get broke in..I dunno. And I have tightened the battery and I've done what everyone has suggested...it's weird I know!! They were working sooooooo well....someone said that the VT juice didn't work all that great in their 801 either....so maybe the 801 is the problem. :(

Hey...I see you are a horsey girl! I used to be...now I just ride my sister's horse; actually it's her husband's roping horse and is a light grey like the one in your pic I think? I just can't ride him around the cattle...I'll end up on the ground!!! This way I don't have to feed and clean..lol! I did that my whole life; now we just have chickens and turkeys, some pheasants and quail.... I still love to ride tho! And garden too!

Thanks again for your input to my problem and good luck, I see you started vaping around the same time I did.

ahhhh, I just luv it when someone has had the same problem...makes me feel like I'm NOT crazy after all!! Thanks for the info for ordering some VG from the Picasso site; I think I'll do that. I love my 810...but this is ridiculous..no vaper..now that's just plain not fun at all!! I do have manual batteries but after only 3 weeks..they are not charging quickly and definitely not holding a charge like they were when I first received them. I would swear that I read that these batteries lasted for at least 300 charges? How are the batteries doing on your Spade? How would you compare them to the 801's for how long they last before having to re-charge? I ordered a Spade today because this is driving me nuts and I DO NOT want to go back to analogs...EVER!! Thanks for your help..this is a great place for info :)

The SPADE Batteries seem to be just fine ... it seems that they last a bit longer then the 801 but that might be because I am not constantly feeling like I need a smoke with the SPADE like I was with the 801 ... But, ya the first few weeks with the 801 was great and then the batteries did the same thing to me ... The SPADE batteries are so much more less then the 801 batteries ... I just got mine so I do not know how long of a life these batteries have ....

JEFF, how long will the SPADE batteries live?? lol ... thanksz Jeff in advance for the answer....

Celtic

I've only had 2 batts go bad. They both went bad in the first week of using them. My other 10440's have been going good for almost 3 months. I guess with batts its the luck of the draw. :)

I stated earlier it appears to be a mix because I saw this on the mad scientist page:

"Now it’s not entirely accurate anymore. They are still hand mixed by me, but then bottled and shipped to my good friends at Liquid Xpress. As such, it’s no longer possible to obtain them without Glycerine added. Obviously, the shipping information no longer applies, as you’ll get them from Liquid Xpress. I still wash my hands first, though."

But regardless, it sounds like there is a real issue with the VT juice...none that I ever ran across before or have even seen referenced.

Actually let me specify for you all :) . Our regular e-liquids are PG based, not a mix of PG / VG, with a few exceptions. The holiday flavors (seasonal flavors) were VG, and the "The 23" (our dr. pepper) is VG based, the rest are totally PG based!

Rob

www.liquidxpress.com

Actually let me specify for you all :) . Our regular e-liquids are PG based, not a mix of PG / VG, with a few exceptions. The holiday flavors (seasonal flavors) were VG, and the "The 23" (our dr. pepper) is VG based, the rest are totally PG based!

Rob

www.liquidxpress.com

Wow - thanx for the info Rob. What a novel idea, have someone from liquidexpress answer it. ;-) Thanx again.

Edited by FTJoe

Thanks for the info Synderbella, maybe I just have to let these attys get broke in..I dunno. And I have tightened the battery and I've done what everyone has suggested...it's weird I know!! They were working sooooooo well....someone said that the VT juice didn't work all that great in their 801 either....so maybe the 801 is the problem. :(

Hey...I see you are a horsey girl! I used to be...now I just ride my sister's horse; actually it's her husband's roping horse and is a light grey like the one in your pic I think? I just can't ride him around the cattle...I'll end up on the ground!!! This way I don't have to feed and clean..lol! I did that my whole life; now we just have chickens and turkeys, some pheasants and quail.... I still love to ride tho! And garden too!

Thanks again for your input to my problem and good luck, I see you started vaping around the same time I did.

Dang, I was hoping you just needed a simple fix. You've got the right idea, about not having to take care of them, we have 4 (all greys) that are a real pain in the A$$ this time of year, feeding and hauling water, trudging thru the snow in the cold... sucks, oh well at least I get fresh air a few times a day, I love em like my kids but usually hating on them this time of year :) though I'm actually looking forward to it being warm enough to scoop poop in the barn, it's like walking around on giant marbles. I did raise a few wild turkeys (not supposed to, illegal here) but we were raising quail at the time and the neighbor ran over a nest with his baler so he brought them to me and I raised them up and turned them loose, both Tom's, one got it by the same neighbors dog the other showed up on my step every now and then for a few years. Keep on vaping!