Pg, Vg, Or Both ?

kato07

Personally I prefer more PG, but some VG is nice - it adds clouds of soft vapor. I like a bit more kick, and have tried adding a little Everclear to the high-VG mixes, which helps a little. Unfortunately I only have plain VG right now, no plain PG so can't quite answer your question. But I'm using high-nic-level PG base, so still get a good proportion of PG. I'm leaning towards 20-25% plain VG so far. I hope this makes some sense. :)

I've been using flavorless pg with nic. and more than half vg with flavor added. I like to have lots of vapor and TH. I haven't had the perfect recipie yet. I would like to use more pg but it would be too much nic. and I don't have plain pg yet. I've heard of using lemon juice and/or everclear for TH but lemon juice didn't seem to do much but it does bring out some flavors nicely. I just got back from RI where I bought everclear. I've used vodka in the past. My preference is similar to Dave's, mostly pg with a little vg.

• 1 month later...

That's what I've been told, Knight. Since I can't really taste the juice that much, I can't completely agree with that other than that's what everyone else says. But I do know when I add more VG, I get more vapor. Which is a good thing for me, cause I really like that more vapor thing.

So the deal is:

PG for more flavor

VG for more vapor

Is that correct???

Knight I think that's a reasonably fair statement, but I tend to think of it more like PG = throat hit, VG = vapor. As best I can tell there isn't a great difference in flavor between PG and VG, although most flavorings are in a PG base anyway. I've heard others say that VG smoothes out flavors, which I think might be true, but more because the vapor is so ... smoooooth.

One thing I'm pretty certain of in terms of enhanced flavor is that less 'power' = more flavor. That is, a cartomizer for example kicks out great flavor that might be pretty indistinguishable at 6V. But TH and vapor production suffer. This seems like the great trade-off: flavor or TH, take your pick.

With that in mind, I'm working recently to find just the right balance of these ingredients to give good flavor at high voltage. If it's possible with consumer-available inputs, I'm going to figure it out. ;)

Not really, sensay. It's whatever you want. I started out 50/50, but now it's more like 25 PG and 75 VG. Although, I have used all VG or all PG. I'm still playing around to see what works best for me. So, try everything. Just try small amount at first so you don't waste it if you don't like it. That's what I do. I mix in a 3ml bottle first. If it's good or works for me, then I can make a bigger amount.

Not really, sensay. It's whatever you want. I started out 50/50, but now it's more like 25 PG and 75 VG. Although, I have used all VG or all PG. I'm still playing around to see what works best for me. So, try everything. Just try small amount at first so you don't waste it if you don't like it. That's what I do. I mix in a 3ml bottle first. If it's good or works for me, then I can make a bigger amount.

Thanks nana. I have only ordered a few things so far but I am going to try to make one tonight.I will start with a 3ml. dont want to waste!

does everyone like 'LOR ANN' flavorings best, and if not what else is good? also can you add similar or different ones to 'anything'?... and are there any noticable difference between different brands of pg and vg liquids?

does everyone like 'LOR ANN' flavorings best, and if not what else is good? also can you add similar or different ones to 'anything'?... and are there any noticable difference between different brands of pg and vg liquids?

I have not noticed any difference between brands of PG or VG -- haven't tried many, though. But they're such a 'standard,' and USP is USP, that I don't know there could ever be any meaningful difference.

And yes - I've come to prefer Lorann flavorings; they're very concentrated. Flavour Art are also very concentrated and quite good, but the price difference kind of prevents them being a favorite. FArt tobacco flavorings are great though; try them all if you're into tobacco. Lorann doesn't have tobacco flavorings.

I've tried Lorann's, Perfumer's Apprentice and Capella so far. Capella is my fav. It could be due to the flavors I've ordered from each but they're just excellent.

• 3 weeks later...

Like I mentioned in another post. I use Loranne's and CK products flavorings. I have to say that I like CK products better. I buy them from a local Party store but they can probably be ordered online. Some of these flavors may have a pg base, others have a vg/alcohol base. They are all good and strong.

As for VG and PG, I'm going to start using mostly or all VG to see how that works. I heard Wordup has great tasting all-VG juice that gives a nice TH. I'd like to see what I can come up with. I have made 1 all VG juice that tastes great and has a slight TH but it was nicotine free and bubble gum flavor. There are so many combinations and amounts of everything in a good juice. I hope someone(hopefully me)will come up with something awesome and share it with everyone here.