New Awesome Calculator By Scubabatdan

icarus

I posted this in the other thread but I wanted to put it where others could see it and could get use out of it :)

ejuce_calculatorv11.zip

This was created by a poster named Scubabatdan on another forum, here is the post.

The guy first posted it in August last year and has been updating it pretty consistently since. It also has recipes, you can add your own, which then get calculated into the number of drops of each flavor you need as well as the nicotine juice and PG or VG cutter. It even has a cost calculator to help you determine exactly how much you are spending for each ml of juice you mix. It is very well done and has helped me immensely.

I hope it is as useful for you guys as it was for me :D

ejuce_calculatorv11.zip

Yeah it really is and from the look and the number of features it has he must have worked a lot of hours on it. It really is nice enough for him to charge for it. Very cool that he is putting it out there for free :-)

Well, too bad. It crashes Open Office.

Yeah I was afraid of that considering that he has some VBA functions in it. Wasn't sure if OO could handle those, wonder if there is an add on that would allow OO to be able to run it?

What function were you using when it froze your OO? I have been trying some things using OO and haven't run into that yet I can try to recreate the error and ask him if he knows what might be causing it?

Thanks

Edited by icarus

Yeah I was afraid of that considering that he has some VBA functions in it. Wasn't sure if OO could handle those, wonder if there is an add on that would allow OO to be able to run it?

What function were you using when it froze your OO? I have been trying some things using OO and haven't run into that yet I can try to recreate the error and ask him if he knows what might be causing it?

Thanks

Thanks man. It probably is the VBA that's doing it but I don't know how to test things like that. Brian removed the dropdowns and sent it to me, but it still crashed OO (on a Mac) on opening. But Brian made pdfs of all the tabs, so I got to see the fantastic functionality and info in that thing - it's a wonder! I sent it to my work and will play with it in excel today. Thanks, that's really a nice piece of work. That cat is dedicated. thumbsup.gif

Just as an FYI, I've been playing with this fine calculator today at work. Unfortunately, Office 07 as configured here won't allow excel to run the macros. Freakin control freaks! I don't know whether to blame IT for being so compulsive, or M$ for providing for it. I'll blame M$ since I have a chip on my shoulder for them. ;)

But there's a lot of great info in this thing! Highly recommended for serious mixers, no doubt about it. Thanks!

Just as an FYI, I've been playing with this fine calculator today at work. Unfortunately, Office 07 as configured here won't allow excel to run the macros. Freakin control freaks! I don't know whether to blame IT for being so compulsive, or M$ for providing for it. I'll blame M$ since I have a chip on my shoulder for them. ;)

But there's a lot of great info in this thing! Highly recommended for serious mixers, no doubt about it. Thanks!

I got the same error with version 11 in Office 2003 on my home PC. :P I will stick with version 5 for now. I edited 5 to also be a drop calc for very small amounts when testing flavors.

I got the same error with version 11 in Office 2003 on my home PC. :P I will stick with version 5 for now. I edited 5 to also be a drop calc for very small amounts when testing flavors.

Out of curiosity do you have macros disabled on your home PC? By default office disables macros unless you say it's ok to enable them for a particular document. I have been able to use it in office 2007 and in OO if you don't have them enabled. Is the error message asking you about Macros?

Out of curiosity do you have macros disabled on your home PC? By default office disables macros unless you say it's ok to enable them for a particular document. I have been able to use it in office 2007 and in OO if you don't have them enabled. Is the error message asking you about Macros?

It grays out the enable :( any other way to enable ...not sure if I can.

The calculator has a lot of invaluable information in it that the developer put a lot of time and love into. I'm sure it was built to suit a specific use/platform, which is fine for everyone who's using the same platform, and the developer should be commended for sharing his work. This is where building really involved apps gets difficult, keeping them open enough to work across all the potential OSes and, in this case, spreadsheets. I've mined it for as much of its wonderful info as I can and am just implementing those ideas in my own as I can. The recipe cards are great! All the flavoring info is incredibly useful. This is a fantastic tool, just not everyone will be able to run it. Most people should be able to though.

Anecdotally, when it crashed OOo on my mac, I played hell getting OOo running smoothly again. Not sure what it did, but whatever it was, open office didn't feel good for a while afterwards. :D I actually had to reboot my machine to clear it up, which is like the fifth or sixth time in three years I've done that. (The other times were when Apple's Mail client got hung up, and that was a hard reboot.angry.gif)

The calculator has a lot of invaluable information in it that the developer put a lot of time and love into. I'm sure it was built to suit a specific use/platform, which is fine for everyone who's using the same platform, and the developer should be commended for sharing his work. This is where building really involved apps gets difficult, keeping them open enough to work across all the potential OSes and, in this case, spreadsheets. I've mined it for as much of its wonderful info as I can and am just implementing those ideas in my own as I can. The recipe cards are great! All the flavoring info is incredibly useful. This is a fantastic tool, just not everyone will be able to run it. Most people should be able to though.

Anecdotally, when it crashed OOo on my mac, I played hell getting OOo running smoothly again. Not sure what it did, but whatever it was, open office didn't feel good for a while afterwards. :D I actually had to reboot my machine to clear it up, which is like the fifth or sixth time in three years I've done that. (The other times were when Apple's Mail client got hung up, and that was a hard reboot.angry.gif)

hmm ok warning for mac users don't try this until Dave incorporates it into his calculator for macs. Yikes man sorry to hear it screwed with your system like that hehe imagine that Gates and Jobs not getting on together eh? ;)

hmm ok warning for mac users don't try this until Dave incorporates it into his calculator for macs. Yikes man sorry to hear it screwed with your system like that hehe imagine that Gates and Jobs not getting on together eh? ;)

:D LOL (Literally) That's funny man. :D

This calculator is so extravagant that I feel silly putting anything else out there. The only thing mine has going for it is, it's simple. ;)