Vp-Pt Stand

jmhester

OK. It's official. The VP-PT stand is lame. I keep knocking it over and now I think it's broken. Anybody got any ideas for a better way to hold it?

Hmmm, I have finally decided to never put it down -- cuz that is how I misplace it. BUT when I do let go of it -- I have strategically placed shot glasses around the house in virtually every room including my cube at the office. Now granted people are thinking I just do a shot multiple times a day and leave my glass at my a$$ but none have the heart to tell me I drink too much -- or they are scared to tell me cuz ain't nothin' worse that a mean drunk lookin' fer her PV!! I do put the heavy end into the shooter and it seems to work fine, of course that is after I finish my shot.

There's this sticky clay I used to use to hold up a calendar on my wall. It held it up pretty well for about a year until I had to apply new clay. I don't remember where I bought it, but I think you can get it at walmart or staples. This is the only place I found it online: http://www.thefind.com/crafts/info-sticky-tack. It's non-toxic, reusable and doesn't damage the surface. I can't guarantee that it'll work with holding up the pt stand, but it's worth a shot.

Since I still don't have my hands on a VP-PT yet I haven't done any mods to the base yet, but in addition to adding a usb port I was considering attaching it to a piece of wood which would add some weight. I don't know what the diameter of the base is but I would wager that at a craft supply store you could find a blank, unfinished wooden plaque intended for woodburning/signage that would be close in size.

i am still waiting for my PT, but i had already planned on attaching the stand to thing heavy disk of aluminum i have (about 3/4" thick and what looks to be about the same diameter as the base of the stand).

for my Spade and 510, i too have shot slasses all over for that purpose (the tall skinny double-shot type).

I knock mine over all the time, too. I was thinking about some kind of rubber non-skid stuff for the bottom since mine likes to slide off my desk. Of course, that doesn't solve the weight issue. Maybe a flat rock glued to the bottom? ;)

I put the black velvet bag that came with my Spade under mine. Keeps it from slinging. I used a rubber coaster before that.

How about just a block of wood - like a 2x4. Drill various size holes in it and you could put different size PV's and even juice. Like a desk caddy for your PV stuff. Oh, wait, not sure how you'd put your PT on it though. Hmmm. Sound like a project.