Vp2 510 Adapter Problem

Ok I've had my VP2 with 510 atty adapter for a little while now and I'm having a problem with the adapter. I did my homework before I ordered it and started using it so a I have been careful just to put it on finger tight and not torque it down. So the first weeks went by great and I have to say I love it but lately I've been having issues with it and wanted to see if anyone else is having or has had a problem like this. If I screw it together all the way the LED's won't come on I won't get any power to the atty(no kiss kiss, no bang bang etc). They only way it works is if it's loosened to the point where the atty and the adapter are loose and wobbly on the unit and I mean loose like feels like it's going to fall apart loose. So I'm not quite sure what's going on with this I've never had to with anything else I've ever used I've tried cleaning the threads, tried cleaning the adapter really well, even tried several other of my 510 attys and it's always the same any input would be greatly appreciated! :wallbash:

The center post on it got pushed in too far because of being too tight, etc. You MIGHT be able to take a little tiny eyeglass screwdriver and gently pry it back to flush. Or you may have to use a paperclip and stick through the little hole on the threaded part to get under it and lift it. If not... you can send it in to be fixed. It may have done something beyond what you can do. Hope this helps. I'm sure someone will come tell us just what to do. Also, make sure that you screw the adapter and atty together first... then screw that to the VP2 just till snug.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Ok I see it may have tighten up further then I tightened it while it was in my pocket. Since my work is pretty physical being in law enforcement it's probably subject to a lot more abuse then the normal user would put it through i.e. running, jumping fences, take downs and tackles, and the odd scuffle with some one who's not to happy to see me. LOL :D

Edited by DevilDucky

I had this happen on my vp2 more than once. The problem was that the rubber ring dividing the middle connector and the outside ring ripped a little bit from being too tight so the two connectors touch when i tightened it down. I was able to replace the ring because i had some old battery connectors and it was a fairly easy job. But i would definitely not recommend you try anything like that yourself unless your ready to really mess things up, i did end up breaking off the positive wire and had to resolder it back on. Bottom line i would say it would be best to just send it in for repair and get it over with because more than likely its only going to get worse.

Mine is about 3 1/2 months old, but is the same way. It wasn't too bad at first, but then it got to the point where it had to be very loose. Now it doesn't work at all. I'd heard about the center post, but I found that the center post in mine is very loose and that is not normal at all. I too thought I was being very careful so as not to tighten it too much and have a problem, but it still happened.

Mine is about 3 1/2 months old, but is the same way. It wasn't too bad at first, but then it got to the point where it had to be very loose. Now it doesn't work at all. I'd heard about the center post, but I found that the center post in mine is very loose and that is not normal at all. I too thought I was being very careful so as not to tighten it too much and have a problem, but it still happened.

Sounds like your little plastic washer is broke too! Wonder if there are any replacements out there...

I'm just kind of wondering why go with a multiple peace design and not a one piece especially why o rings the may break down with tightening and heat from an atty.

I have yet to see a one piece e-cig. This is still a new "thing" and has lots of room for huge improvements.

So we'll have to see what they come up with. :thumbsup:

Ok I see it may have tighten up further then I tightened it while it was in my pocket. Since my work is pretty physical being in law enforcement it's probably subject to a lot more abuse then the normal user would put it through i.e. running, jumping fences, take downs and tackles, and the odd scuffle with some one who's not to happy to see me. LOL :D

:D LOL! Yeah, that might do it. :D That cracked me up, thanks for the laugh. You're my hero for today. You probably don't hear it often, but most people appreciate your service too.

My VP2 can be a little finicky but I haven't had that problem yet. Sounds like one of those situations where, if you can't adjust the center pole yourself just to send it to VaprLife for repair. I've had good luck with their turnaround time. You might be off warranty but the repair charge is reasonable. Good luck!

I'm within my 90 days still but jeso hasn't wrote back to me I e mailed him about acouple weeks ago I'm sure he's probably busy trying to sort out the joker I have a pass throught and another 510 adapter on order from parked but I'm still waiting for him to get me my tracking # since it had to be drop shipped from jeso so I guess I'm just having issues in general I just wish I knew where to get a new adapter from fast.

I'm within my 90 days still but jeso hasn't wrote back to me I e mailed him about acouple weeks ago I'm sure he's probably busy trying to sort out the joker I have a pass throught and another 510 adapter on order from parked but I'm still waiting for him to get me my tracking # since it had to be drop shipped from jeso so I guess I'm just having issues in general I just wish I knew where to get a new adapter from fast.

Another great reason to have MULTIPLE adapters laying around. I have two... and have 4 more on the way as we speak. I can't decide if I like the silver ones or the gold ones yet.

Edited by DAYVAPE

This is where I got my last adapters. They have fairly fast shipping and good prices.

http://www.madvapes.com/Details.aspx?itemId=MV801TO510ADP