How Long Will Unused 510 Batts Hold A Charge?

Wannavape

If I'm going to be out of the house for the better part of the day, could I take four or five charged Joye 510 batts with me and just pop on a new batt as each one runs down? I'm getting only about an hour and a half on a batt before it needs recharging. I have a car charger, but I don't remain in the car long enough for it to do a full charge. If I were to leave in the morning with my charged-up supply of batts, would the last one still be holding a charge by late evening? I'll probably spring for one of those charger cases eventually, but it seems just as easy to me to simply take along a few fully-charged batts. What do you think?

Hi Wannavape, you won't have a problem with your 4th battery losing power in a day. If that was to happen then there is something wrong with the batt. Just today I pulled out a 510 batt I charged 1 week ago and it still worked like a champ. I would assume batts discharge at a certain rate but I dont think that will affect you in the course of a day.

I would say you should get a pcc for your batteries, and that way you don't have to worry about toting all those batteries with you and wondering if you're going to make it through the day if you can't get to a charger, it helps keep my batteries fresh and I usually only carry the one with me!! But there shouldn't be a problem with a battery holding a charge for long periods of time without using them. At least you have backups!!! :smoke:

Thanks so much, everyone. I was hoping that you were going to say that they would last a while. A couple of spares for the day will do me for right now, but I will eventually get a PCC. ....Pam

I would say you should get a pcc for your batteries, and that way you don't have to worry about toting all those batteries with you and wondering if you're going to make it through the day if you can't get to a charger, it helps keep my batteries fresh and I usually only carry the one with me!! But there shouldn't be a problem with a battery holding a charge for long periods of time without using them. At least you have backups!!! :smoke:

I am on the lookout for a reasonably priced PCC. As much as I love my SD, it is quite bulky in my small purse and I am always worrying about the cap coming caught on something and I break my button, OH NO!!! The PCC's I have seen look almost like a pack of cigarettes?

I am on the lookout for a reasonably priced PCC. As much as I love my SD, it is quite bulky in my small purse and I am always worrying about the cap coming caught on something and I break my button, OH NO!!! The PCC's I have seen look almost like a pack of cigarettes?

Some do more than others, the pcc for my 510 is a bit longer and slimmer than a regular pack of cigs. But my blu pcc is almost exactly the same size as a regular pack of cigs, so it really depends on what model you have, but they are pretty close to a regular size. Also, I have seen some models that are just carrying cases, and they don't charge so make sure if ya get one double check!!