Charger Died!

So on my last purchase from V4L I had to purchase a new battery as I noticed that the life of my batteries were becoming diminished. I figured I would buy a back up before they died completely. So I have noticed that my batteries tend to charge faster than they use to. Well tonight I was using the new battery, and it died, so I put it on the charger and the light stayed green. I took it off and attempted it again, several times. Each time the light stayed green. I am now thinking the batteries may be fine, and that it is just the charger. How long do chargers typically last? I have only had this one for like 6 weeks. That seems a bit quick for it to die. luckily I have a usb charger that I can use as a back up for now, but I am going to have to buy another charger. Now I am a little leary as to the chargers, are they all going to die this quickly? Is this a fluke? Should I buy one elsewhere? What to do, what to do?

If you never get a red light, you charger is not working. That's the problem with anything electronic these days, nothing is truly built to last. Even the "dependable" stuff sometimes has a fault that makes it fail almost immediately. If it's really just six weeks old, I'd say it's just bad luck. Contact V4L and see if they'll exchange it, or even just send you a new one.

So, in other words, we need backups for our chargers, too?

Not if you can charge the batteries with hope and prayer. I can't so I have four chargers (two are USB PTs) for my spade batteries and about 5 chargers (two wall, a PCC and two USB PTs) for my 510s (some are out on loan), this is not including my 5 at-a-time charger. FYI - the USB chargers are in case power is out, I have plenty of battery devices for charging USB devices.

Even if the charger is bad I some times have issues with my battery connectors getting dirty and this will transfer to the chargers which is hard to clean.I have been more proactive in wiping the connectors clean before charging to help eliminate that problem also!!may want to get in that same habit.My 510 is a messy unit for me and the batteries really get wet but are real easy to clean by design.My KR model is harder to clean but I am trying to keep it as my routine to clean them if they need it.I either wipe them off or clean with a Q-Tip with alcohol...I have the capacity to charge 4 batteries at once with both models with pcc/usb/2 wall chargers for both models.So backups is recomended!!

I also had problems with what I thought was the battery not holding a charge but indeed it was the charger.

What I did discover just in the past few days is when I put the battery into the charger and it lit green then I would adjust the battery till light turned red and left it there -- low and behold I got a full charge. I have since then used this method continuously will all batts and they are all getting a fully charge.

Also I have started writing with Sharpie the date on the batt so I can tell which one is the oldest which may mean it really isn't any good any more.

I am glad I had the usb charger as a backup, and it works great! I sent an email to V4L, but have not received a response yet. I will back up everything in due time, but for now I am thinking I will get a new charger and a pcc. I need backups for my backups! LOL! Can't not vape...that is not an option! LOL!