Am I Vaping Polyfill?

Aelle

I recently got my e-juice in the mail and wanted to fill my own cart-- only I didn't have any polyfill. So for a while I direct dripped, but when I did that I only got one or two good puffs out of three drops of e-juice before I had to start really pulling (cheeks sucked in and everything) just to get a decent amount of vapor. So today I finally got my polyfill, struggled a bit getting it into the cart and then vaped a bit. Got tons of vapor, but I noticed the flavor was seriously diminished and my strawberry cheesecake flavored juice tasted similar to cherry cough medicine. Tried taking the cart out of the atomizer-- and half of my polyfill was stuck to the atty! Is that normal, or am I burning the polyfill?

If I'm doing something wrong, any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated...refilling the cart was quite awkward for me.

What type of filler are you using? Most people recommend Fluval (acquarium filter) or the PTB (pyramid tea bag). Vids for both are posted below. I direct drip, so really not much personal experience, just what I've learned here at VT. Direct dripping will give you the best vapor and flavor. If your atty is starting to feel gummed up, try rolling up a piece of paper towel and inserting it into the atty and letting it set for a while to absorb out the excess juice. Be sure to add a few drop directly to the atty before starting to vape again.

PTB

Fluval

What type of filler are you using? Most people recommend Fluval (acquarium filter) or the PTB (pyramid tea bag). Vids for both are posted below. I direct drip, so really not much personal experience, just what I've learned here at VT. Direct dripping will give you the best vapor and flavor. If your atty is starting to feel gummed up, try rolling up a piece of paper towel and inserting it into the atty and letting it set for a while to absorb out the excess juice. Be sure to add a few drop directly to the atty before starting to vape again.

PTB

Fluval

It's just standard polyester poly fill from the craft section of walmart.

It's strange, when I direct drip I get plenty of flavor but hardly any vapor, but when I use the cart I get tons of vapor but the taste is strange. I tried moving the filler around in the cart a bit and now it's not sticking to the atty anymore, but it still tastes kind of funky.

Does it look like the pollyfil is melting? I'm sure someone will have better answers for you soon. Are you using a 510? If you're not getting good vapor from dripping you may have flooded the atty a little. Do you get a bubbling sound when you take a drag?

It sounds like you either vaped it dry or packed too much poly in the cart.The less poly the better just enough to be flush with the end of the cart.The liquid goes in the air space so if you pack it tight there is no place for liquid.

@Brian: It doesn't look like it's melting, and no bubbling sound when I take a drag.

@mcquinn: Probably packed it too tight, I guess. I see plenty of juice in the filler so it's definitely not dry, but I did kind of stuff the filler in because I had trouble getting it in with my fingers (too much hanging out and my scissors wouldn't cut the strays). It didn't seem like a lot to me but I guess it was too much. I'll try using less filler next time, thanks!