So Much For The "clean Bill Of Health"

As you know, I went to the Dr. last Thursday and was released back to work for Monday. I felt pretty good after I got home from the doc, but later ont that evening, I started to not feel good. My lungs felt like they had been through a paper shredder. I couldn't lay down, I couldn't sit up....I was absolutely miserable. I tried to sleep sitting up on the couch. I dozed here and there, and saw a couple of movies I didn't know existed anymore. Jeff gets up in the morning and says, "You feeling any better?" He could tell by the look on my face the answer was a definate NO. He asked me if I wanted to go to ER. Being my usual stubborn self, I shake my head no. About 15 minutes later, he asked again. Again, I said no. He asked a third time about 5 minutes later and I said yes. So, off to the hospital we go. I get to the ER, they take me in, check me out, and am immediately put into ICU. As it turns out, I don't have COPD. What I HAD is pulmonary embolism, or better known as blood clots in the lung. Even worse, I had them in both lungs. Then to top things off, my heart was in atrial fibrilation, and a part of my heart is enlarged. Not sure what part though. Got the a-fib under control with meds for now, but may still need to get my heart shocked to get it back to a normal rythym. I was in ICU for 4 days, then up to regular room. I had a neighbor that had visitors until 11pm, and his alarm was going off constantly. Their solution was to hand me a pair of ear plugs.... :mad: The next day I told them they needed to move him, or move me- either way, someone was moving. So they wait ALL day before moving me. I know, I know... I did get moved, but that isn't the point. Then, I get Nurse Ratchett. She came into my room at 1am, BELLOWING my name saying she had some meds for me. I'm like, OMG! Not the best bedside manner. She did this to me 3 other times that night. On the third time, I asked (ok, I yelled at her. But hey, she yelled at me 1st) her, "Can you possibly get any louder! I don't think the rest of the floor is awake!" Is this how she normally wakes ppl up who are sick and now have a heart condition??!! :laser: I said to her, "Ya know, it would behoove you to not wake ppl up by bellowing their name, you need to learn a different way." She said, "Well, some ppl don't like to be touched when waking them up." :wallbash: I told her, "I bet they would be more apt to a gentle touch, then the drill sargeant approach. You need to get out of my room right now, and I want a different nurse." So, the next morning, doc comes in and says, I wanna keep you 1 more night. I asked him if he talked to the night nurse, he said no. I suggested he might want to do that, then explained what happened. He said he still wanted to keep me 1 more night. So, I had to endure ANOTHER night with Drill Sargeant Ratchett! The first time she came in and woke me up by bellowing my name, she got a water bottle thrown at her and was told to NOT come back into my room EVER!! The doc comes in next morning and, jokingly, says he wants to keep me another night. I didn't crack a smile. What he got was the "if-I-could-get-out-of-this-bed-and-kick-your-***-without-dying-I-would look. I also told him that if he knew how much of a B***H I am now, he did not want to see me tomorrow. And if I was here tomorrow, he might wanna just skip my room all together, cause he was my next target if he kept me in Hospital Hell with Drill Sargeant Ratchett somone was gonna pay, and PAY BIG, and it wasn't gonna be me. So, he scurried out of my room, got my discharge papers together and I was discharged yesterday. That isn't the whole story, but the story in a nutshell. Sorry, but I HAD to rant! That was the WORST hospital experience in my ENTIRE 50 years of life on this planet..... :cry:

Edited by ColoradoKrissy

Krissy my heart goes out to you. You're lucky to have such a caring husband to come home to. My wife was a nurse and believe me that story would set her off big time! No way would she have put up with another nurse acting that way. I truly hope they get your problems under control, and quickly. Hang in there, okay? Feel free to vent anytime.

Oh Krissy, I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. It would be bad enough to hear about the health issues and have to stay in the hospital, but then to get a nurse like that. Just awful. I do like the way you handled it though. LOL I wish you well and will keep you in my prayers.

Sorry to hear about the setback, but your drill seargent description DID make me giggle a bit. I'm not the happiest patient on the planet. I was in the hospital for a month as a young'n in the Navy trying not to have a miscarriage....

ANYWAY..... I learned to sleep during the day because they ignored me during the day......woke me up like CONSTANTLY at night LOL go figure.

Aw Krissy that sucks all the way round! You came so close to dying that it's terrifying,then ya have some creep with issues treating you like that!!!! It's a wonder she's alive today(the nurse lol.Yer to tuff to die).Well I'm just glad your home safe. By the way,are we related lol? Like maybe twins separated at birth roflmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!You friend Vari. :animier: