Vp/pt Just Bit The Dust.

I really hope someone can help.

I was vaping away with my morning coffee and suddenly, no lights, no vapor, nothing.

I tried switching from wall power (which I have been using exclusively) to usb to see if maybe the power pack had gone south on me. When the button was pressed, the powered usb I use dimmed to complete darkness and also didn't work. The light on the power pack also goes to near dark when button is pressed on the VP/PT.

I've been holding out on getting another PV until the Joker's release and now I'm really wishing I hadn't. :ermm: 12 days without an analog, I really don't want to go back to them. This is NOT good.

EDIT: as of this writing, I managed to get it to work again, I unscrewed the 510 adapter completely and then pressed the button, lights came back on.

re-installed adapter and atomizer and voila, back in business. THANK GOODNESS! Anyone else ever have this issue?

I'm ordering a backup RIGHT now. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm not taking ANY chances on being without.

Edited by Phaseman66

:( Sorry to hear your VPPT died, Phase. Hang in there and keep your batteries charged!

Luckily, I managed to get it working again Michelle, Just gave me the scare of my life. I think I better get a Joye 510 from somewhere as a lower cost stunt double for my PT until the Joker comes out.

Edited by Phaseman66

Phaseman, I've had a similar issue with my VP2 (never with the VP PT so far, thank heaven). I don't know whether it's the same issue but I'll describe it. When the light and power on the VP2 just up and stopped one day I ended up taking the atty off and cleaning the contacts on both the PV and the atty with a paper napkin. I used the corner of the napkin to get down in all the little crevases as best I could. When I reassembled it, it worked again. This has happened a couple of times, and drying off the connections has always restored its function. I hope that will help if your PT ever stops again... Good luck! And have backups if you can.

The reason for this is because the center pole is being pushed to far down. I'm willing to guess that if you screwed the adapter on a little tighter with an atomizer attached the light would turn off again. If this happens again you will notice a little hole on the side of the 801 fitting. Look inside that hole, you will see another hole that leads inside the center pole. Use a paper clip and GENTLY lift the center pole until it's flush with the 801 fitting.

If you still run into issues then that is covered under warranty and can be repaired quickly :)

If you still run into issues then that is covered under warranty and can be repaired quickly :)

Thanks Christopher, It has happened again, but I find when I back the adpater off a bit it comes back to life, I just ordered a Joye 510 stunt double for the meantime until the Joker comes out. I really appreciate the help everyone, That was the biggest scare I've had in a long time, felt kinda like coming out of the bowling alley and seeing your bike lock cut and no bike :)

That happened to me more than once... and it was always the 510 atty's.

It doesn't seem to do that with my 801's. The 801's, to me, work better anyway.

Just a thought...

Funny you mention that, I just now got an 801 from Arno over at Awesome Vapor and tried it. No problems at all. I'll know which one I like better I suppose once the 801 gets broken in fully.

Thanks Christopher, It has happened again, but I find when I back the adpater off a bit it comes back to life, I just ordered a Joye 510 stunt double for the meantime until the Joker comes out. I really appreciate the help everyone, That was the biggest scare I've had in a long time, felt kinda like coming out of the bowling alley and seeing your bike lock cut and no bike :)

You crazy kids, thinking you're invincible. No backups, no protection!!! Back in my day...just kidding.

I'm the biggest proponent of backups here, everything must be backed up, at least once. But while it is scary to have to go back to analogues if you're waiting to get something fixed, unless you're no nic, it's not a huge deal. Just the fact that you're scared to go back speaks volumes about where you are. Most people quitting cigarettes are scared to death to not smoke anymore, here we are scared to death of having to go back, even briefly. In my mind that's a good thing and a pretty good indication we won't. My 2 cents.

everything must be backed up, at least once.

I completely agree after this morning's scare, I've only been vaping 12 days or so and hadn't gotten around to ordering a backup yet. Won't happen again I guarantee it.

Analogs are a thing of my past. :)

I completely agree after this morning's scare, I've only been vaping 12 days or so and hadn't gotten around to ordering a backup yet. Won't happen again I guarantee it.

Analogs are a thing of my past. :)

Like I said, excellent attitude!!! I became a backup nut when I wanted to see if I would get a buzz with a real cigarette. You may as well lick an ashtray, same difference, it was unbelievably disgusting. I was running around scraping my tongue and drinking water like a fiend. So I knew I had to make sure I was never forced to go back.

i totally agree with you guys. i have open packs, loose packs, and several cartons lying around that i know i'll never use. they seem as useless as car parts to a car you recently sold. i thought i'd sell them to a co-worker but now he's ordered an e-cig cause it worked for me and he doesn't want them LOL.

Edited by kato07