Best Way To Clean An Atty

dappa10

Hi All- I must be doing something wrong. I'm going through atty's like crazy. 3 in a month and a half. one died and the other 2 seem clogged. what is the best and most effective way to clean them ?

Hey sorry about your bad luck. I started a topic just like this about a week ago, and gor some really good suggestions.

Check here..

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/3737-cleaning-attys/

Hi All- I must be doing something wrong. I'm going through atty's like crazy. 3 in a month and a half. one died and the other 2 seem clogged. what is the best and most effective way to clean them ?

Hey! So i've been using a DSE 901 and have been dripping directly onto the atomizer. Yes i have automatic batteries, and yes it is not recommended, but i haven't had any problems with juice leaking into the battery (i check the connections often to make sure no juice is making its way down into the battery hole). Anyways, i noticed the draw getting very tough and my atomizer was turning brown, assuming its from old juice and "gunk". All was good until wham, i got a lung full of burnt taste. I dripped some more, and still that nasty burnt taste. I was getting vapor, so i knew it had to be a burnt juice problem vs. a dying atomizer problem. Time to try cleaning my atomizer! I ran the atomizer over hot boiling water for several minutes, making sure to dissolve all the old gunk and juice. Then i soaked the atomizer in Isopropyl alcohol for an hour or so. After this, i ran more boiling water through the atomizer. Finally, using compressed air, i blew all the water out of the atomizer (i could visually see water coming out of the atomizer). I let it dry for about 12 hours. First thing i noticed was the atomizer looked brand new, no brown, no gunk. I primed the atomizer with several drops of ejuice, and began vaping. The draw was like brand new, and the vapor was awesome, no burnt taste.

TRY THIS METHOD, let me know if it works for you. I think the key is to let your atomizer dry COMPLETELY before using.

I've been using the same two for a month now and here is what I do.

In the evening after I'm done using them I give it a quick "dry burn" before I go to bed.

Meaning... I take the mouthpiece off, turn it on and look inside just until the coil starts glowing red.

This usually takes 3 to 4 seconds. That tells me all the excess juice is now clear of the atty coil.

The same two have lasted me a month... so I must be doing something right. I don't really mess around with actually "cleaning" them, or boiling them... unless I needed too. My method keeps any "gunk" from building up around the coil and hardening up though. Do whatever is working best for you ! Vape on!

Hey! So i've been using a DSE 901 and have been dripping directly onto the atomizer. Yes i have automatic batteries, and yes it is not recommended, but i haven't had any problems with juice leaking into the battery (i check the connections often to make sure no juice is making its way down into the battery hole). Anyways, i noticed the draw getting very tough and my atomizer was turning brown, assuming its from old juice and "gunk". All was good until wham, i got a lung full of burnt taste. I dripped some more, and still that nasty burnt taste. I was getting vapor, so i knew it had to be a burnt juice problem vs. a dying atomizer problem. Time to try cleaning my atomizer! I ran the atomizer over hot boiling water for several minutes, making sure to dissolve all the old gunk and juice. Then i soaked the atomizer in Isopropyl alcohol for an hour or so. After this, i ran more boiling water through the atomizer. Finally, using compressed air, i blew all the water out of the atomizer (i could visually see water coming out of the atomizer). I let it dry for about 12 hours. First thing i noticed was the atomizer looked brand new, no brown, no gunk. I primed the atomizer with several drops of ejuice, and began vaping. The draw was like brand new, and the vapor was awesome, no burnt taste.

TRY THIS METHOD, let me know if it works for you. I think the key is to let your atomizer dry COMPLETELY before using.

Hey thanks for the info...I have a few that could use a good cleaning. The last time I tried I killed them dead.

It is my experience that once they get too crusty you cannot save them,however I am of the fix or finish it off group so I would keep trying everything until I was sure it was done.I use several methods ,the quickest is hold your finger over the end and pour some alcohol in put thumb over top and shake,let it drain through the battery connecter do this until alcohol drains thru fast rinse several times with water ,blow thru it both ways and let dry ,after drying a while drip some juice to prime it and see what happens.Certain liquids form a hard carbon crust over the element and I have not found a way to get it off and still be able to use the atty.A freind thinks citric acid will cut it but I have not tried that.I clean mine quite often to prevent permanent damage as I am too cheap to buy atty's if I don't have to.