Cant Taste The Flavors

lackfocus

when my 510 first arrived a few days ago i tried a few flavors and all tasted great, then i went shopping took my bottle of menthol along and was smoking it all day long was great as well. After i got back home wanted to try a couple flavors i hadnt got to earlier but to my dismay i cant taste the flavors they all tasted the same with the exception of the menthol, it still doesnt taste like it first did but i notice a difference, its now 4 days later still no flavor, so i had a few peopled test it out they all tasted the flavors and knew what they were without being told so no lying was involved. is this normal? or has it happened to someone else? at the very least i have no desire for an analog but i want my flavors back was so delicious!

It's quite normal for many long term smokers. It may take a while for your taste buds to return. For some it only takes a week or two, others have taken longer, and there are a few who still cannot taste the flavors after a few months. Hopefully you won't be one of those. The menthol is very strong so it makes sense that you can taste that.

Edited by Brian

It's quite normal for many long term smokers. It may take a while for your taste buds to return. For some it only takes a week or two, others have taken longer, and there are a few who still cannot taste the flavors after a few months. Hopefully you won't be one of those. The menthol is very strong so it makes sense that you can taste that.

thanks for the quick reply Brian i appreciate it, glad to hear this is common

Welcome. Rule of thumb when starting out - if you get a flavor that you don't like, save it for later because your taste buds will change. I'm going on two months now and I'm starting to try flavors that I didn't care for in the biginning and finding them very good now. :thumbsup:

I'm one of the ones Brian was referring to who can't taste the flavors after months. I've been vaping for 4 months now and still can't really taste the pre-made juices. I've recently started to add flavor drops to my juice and started mixing some of my own. I can taste those. They just have to be very strong for me. I also said it didn't matter too much to me whether I could taste them or not because I enjoy vaping so much more than I ever did smoking. But it is nice to finally taste something. It's not a strong taste yet, but a taste nonetheless. I'm good with that. I really hope it doesn't take you that long. It doesn't sound like there are many people like me out there. Most only take a few weeks a most to start tasting.

I had that trouble with the tobaco flavors ,could not taste them at all,felt like I was sucking steam.I just went with the frooty ones and coffees ,and after seven months I am going to start trying them again.

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or not, but I tend to get a stronger taste first thing in the morning. After vaping all day, I don't get as strong a flavor. I've also noticed that if I switch flavors a couple of times during the day I get more taste right after I first switch.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's had this trouble.

I just figured it was because I've been smoking so much for so long.

I can taste the strong menthol flavors easily, but most other flavors are kinda weak for me(except for the VT exotic). I sure hope my taste buds return soon. I really like vaping now that I'm off the analogs,too many flavors too little time.

Good luck to you!!! :wallbash:

I had the same problem. I just asumed it was because i smoke to much. I'm on week 2 and havent totaly quit acustic cigarettes yet but im down to 1 or 2 a day and the flavors are much better than when i first got my electric.

For me, the flavors get stronger every day, at first i thought it was because maybe the longer the juice sits the stronger they get..... nope its my taste buds rewarding me for not smoking! Also the sense of smell will come back right after that!

and to Bkrebbs: WELCOME!