Joye 510 .. Two Questions

I have the Joye 510, and I got a couple of questions that might be elementary but they kinda worry me and I'm not sure if there me being paranoid or what..Anyway first, can you over charge a battery? I take mine off the charger as soon as they turn green, but it would be nice to leave them over night.. Also I've takin to dripping lately I like the cloud of vapor and the throat hit. Is there a rock solid rule to how much you can drip in the atomizer? I have read 3 drops but I kinda like doing half and half of certain juices, otherwise would I damage the atomizer if I dripped 4 drops? Thanks I appreciate any feed back, I'm still learning

I have charged over night before with no harm ,the batteries stop charging when they get up to snuff.And the dripping thing requires experimenting ,when you get too much it starts making a bubbly sound way too much and it quits making vapor or juice starts leaking out at the connecter.If you over load it just take it off and blow thru it backwards into a tissue and the excess juice will come out.

Edited by mcquinn

I have the Joye 510, and I got a couple of questions that might be elementary but they kinda worry me and I'm not sure if there me being paranoid or what..Anyway first, can you over charge a battery? I take mine off the charger as soon as they turn green, but it would be nice to leave them over night.. Also I've takin to dripping lately I like the cloud of vapor and the throat hit. Is there a rock solid rule to how much you can drip in the atomizer? I have read 3 drops but I kinda like doing half and half of certain juices, otherwise would I damage the atomizer if I dripped 4 drops? Thanks I appreciate any feed back, I'm still learning

You cannot overcharge the batteries. However, it's not recommended that you leave them on charge overnight, but I do it all the time. Generally, I use 2-3 drops. Much more than that and you'll flood the atty. If you flood the atty, it can't get hot enough to vaporize the juice. If you hear a bubbling noise and don't get much vapor, you've flooded it. No biggie, just roll up a piece of paper towel and insert it in the end of the atty to absorb out some of the juice. I don't think you'll damage it from to much juice, it'll just flood, which can also cause it to leak around the connection to the battery. You'll get the hang of it in no time.

Okay..I must be flooding it cause I get that bubbling sound sometimes. But it's good to know I'm not killing it. I kinda thought so with the battery, it wasn't a great idea but wouldn't hurt it. I'm kinda paranoid about my beloved 510, I only have a started kit so far and the thought of it going down is nerve racking, I DO NOT want to go back to analogs while I'm waiting for replacements in the mail..I't easy to understand why so many folks get crazy with their supplies. I think I'm going to end up a good customer to a few vapor stores until I have my mandatory tackle box full of spare attys, bats and juice to get me through the next couple of decades.

If you have the manual batteries you can't hurt them,I would recomend a passthrough they are way less hassle .They are less than $20.00 at most suppliers.

Edited by mcquinn

LOL I just moments ago ordered a passthrough, most of my vaping is done here at my computer so it was a natural next purchase. At work I still use carts because I stealth and carry my PV in my pocket and I don't want to be adding juice when someone walks into my shop, I'm still uncomfortable about explaining this thing. And yes I got manual batteries they just sounded all around a better choice when I got my starter kit.. Thanks guys as always your pretty darn helpful

Okay..I must be flooding it cause I get that bubbling sound sometimes. But it's good to know I'm not killing it. I kinda thought so with the battery, it wasn't a great idea but wouldn't hurt it. I'm kinda paranoid about my beloved 510, I only have a started kit so far and the thought of it going down is nerve racking, I DO NOT want to go back to analogs while I'm waiting for replacements in the mail..I't easy to understand why so many folks get crazy with their supplies. I think I'm going to end up a good customer to a few vapor stores until I have my mandatory tackle box full of spare attys, bats and juice to get me through the next couple of decades.

See, you're already getting a handle on this. "Mandatory tackle box full...", LOL, yep, that pretty much says it all.

I was exactly the same way, not wanting to go back to analogs while waiting for parts. So.....I started stocking up. Now I have a good supply of things and will be fairly safe. But I've been told I have back ups for my backups....well, a person can't be too careful. Right?

Well, I like to be prepared. I have a 510 and a 510 PT and a VP2 and a VP/PT. My 510 batteries are 3 months old and getting weak. They barely last an hour now. I put them aside as a backup. Then my VP/PT stuck on, so I had to send it in for repair. I got worried about having to use that 510 if something happened to my VP2, so I ordered some mega batts and got them today. And I ordered the DSE905. I'm hoping that will be here by tomorrow. I feel better now. :whistle:

Well, I like to be prepared. I have a 510 and a 510 PT and a VP2 and a VP/PT. My 510 batteries are 3 months old and getting weak. They barely last an hour now. I put them aside as a backup. Then my VP/PT stuck on, so I had to send it in for repair. I got worried about having to use that 510 if something happened to my VP2, so I ordered some mega batts and got them today. And I ordered the DSE905. I'm hoping that will be here by tomorrow. I feel better now. :whistle:

hi nana could you explain any pluses and negatives of 510 mega batteries? i haven't heard them being discussed much.

The Mega Batteries are 280mah vs. the regular batt at 150mah. So, they should last twice as long as the standard battery that comes with the 510 unit. I've heard 2-4 hours vs. the 1-2 hours of the regular batt.

@nana - let me know how these work out!

Edited by Brian

I got 2 hours out of my regular 510 batteries when I first got them. That started to go down slighty to where now I only get about an hour out of them, but they are 3 months old now. I had heard that the mega batteries are about a cart length longer than the regular batteries and last about twice as long (like Brian said) and I'm finding that to be true. I started using the first mega battery last night, used it for 3 1/2 before going to bed and I'm using it this morning. That's nice. So far I'm happy about that. I need to send an email and ask about them though because they seem to have a cut off point like the manual batteries and I don't understand that. I'm not liking that part.

The Mega Batteries are 280mah vs. the regular batt at 150mah. So, they should last twice as long as the standard battery that comes with the 510 unit. I've heard 2-4 hours vs. the 1-2 hours of the regular batt.

@nana - let me know how these work out!

I got a couple of the mega batteries when I ordered my 510. They last about 4-4 1/2 hours, while the regular batteries last about 2 hours for me. The mega is about a cart length longer than regular, which makes sense since they last longer. I rely on the mega when I'm out and about.

I also agree with the recommendation to have spare parts around. I keep at least one spare battery and 3-5 extra atomizers. The carts are pretty much indestructible, and I restuff them after 4 or 5 days of use. I find that the taste starts to deteriorate if I go longer than that.

I just got a DSE905, which I like a lot, but it's not real handy to carry when I'm out and about. I may get a little pouch to wear on my belt or something, but even the 510 mega just slips in my shirt pocket for when I'm out running errands and stuff.

@Lee - What is it about them that makes you say "it's not real handy to carry when I'm out and about."? That was part of the reason I ordered one. I thought it would be handy. I thought I might get mine today, but it didn't come.