Dedicated Atomizers

Michelle

Got my 510's this morning, as well as my Spade and VPPT! Thanks, Chris...wasn't really looking for this to arrive until Saturday or Monday. It really was like Christmas this morning. :)

Testing flavors today, I noticed the mixing of flavors in my attys. How do you keep from mixing too much? Use one atty per flavor? (Seems like I would need a LOT of them.) Keep like flavors in one atty (tobacco, fruits, etc.)?

I'm really not liking Sweet Dawn mixed with Choco Java. :unsure:

Some poeple keep seperate atty's for like flavors. One atty for fruity flavors, one darker flavors like coffee and tobacco, and definately a seperte one if you like menthol. So far I'm not much on sweet flavors or fruity flavors so I don't worry about it to much. I did try some vanilla once and OMG it took days to get that taste out of my atty. Seriously, I couldn't believe how long it lingered.

I definitely keep different atty+cart units for different flavors. I even carved letters into the carts so I could easily tell which is which, like F for fruit, M for menthol, etc. Yeah sure, I mix some, like cappuccino and coffee, and one for almost all fruits, but the majority of my flavors I keep separate. On the other hand, I've only had/used 5 or 6 different flavors up to this point, but I've got plenty of new flavors on the way, so I may become a little less anal about it, and/or break out the alcohol for cleaning... and/or succumb to OCD and order another batch of attys.

Biggest problem with this is that I generally only take 1 e-cig and my PCC with me when I got out, which limits me to 2 or 3 atty sets. But eh, whatever, how many flavors do you really need with you anyway, especially since you have to carry a bottle with you for ever flavor you want. I'll save my experimentation for home.

Actually I find taking only 1 or two flavors (generally 1 for testing, and 1 favorite) with me each day helps with giving each flavor a decent try-out, so I can really wrap my palette around it, as it were. Plus, I can only fit so much stuff in my pockets, and I already had a common set of gear before I started vaping.

Maybe Chris should sell a vaping utility belt, with little slots for units, bottles, PT, and a PCC. Or better yet, build a battery right into the belt! Lulz.

Edited by mmseng

How's that ChocoJava? Mine should be here tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it.

Well, this is what brought up my question...I tried it after I tried Sweet Dawn and wasn't happy with the mixture I was tasting. So, here's my advice: mixing SD and CJ is NOT something I suggest. ;)

I'm going to have to break out another atty to try CJ, I think.

Well, this is what brought up my question...I tried it after I tried Sweet Dawn and wasn't happy with the mixture I was tasting. So, here's my advice: mixing SD and CJ is NOT something I suggest. ;)

I'm going to have to break out another atty to try CJ, I think.

I've found that doing the paper towel thing (roll up a piece and stick it in your atty and let it set a while) does pretty good at getting most of the old flavor out. Not all, but it certainly helps.

Testing flavors today, I noticed the mixing of flavors in my attys. How do you keep from mixing too much? Use one atty per flavor? (Seems like I would need a LOT of them.) Keep like flavors in one atty (tobacco, fruits, etc.)?

I'm really not liking Sweet Dawn mixed with Choco Java. :unsure:

That's when I started boiling perfectly good attys. Get that stuff out of there!!!! Some say wait a day, I blow it out, jam a paper towel down there grease it up and go.

You just boil the atty's? How long do you keep them in there before you take them out?

I've boiled a few in distilled water with good success. I use a plastic spoon or something to keep the atty's off the bottom of the pot. I boiled them for about 5 minutes and left them in the pot until the water was cool enough to remove by hand. Blow them out a little and let them dry overnight. NOTE: some poeple have reported killing atty's this way, so I would only do it as a last resort. The ones I had boiled were getting bad flavor all the time and were getting hard to draw on. Just felt "gummed up". After boiling, they were better than new.

I don't change out atties, but I probably only have about 20% of my taste buds left after smoking so many years. That and eating too many jalapeno peppers. :D So far it's not been a problem, and I am paranoid about using up too many atties. In fact, I've been sitting here this morning wrestling with whether or not I need to place another order for five spares.:ermm:

You just boil the atty's? How long do you keep them in there before you take them out?

I see Brian took care of this especially the warning that some people have reported killing them. I do five mins, wooden spoon or anything to keep them off the bottom where the temp is higher than 100C. There are screens that drape into a pot that should work well also. Some people clean with alcohol before and some after to speed up the drying process. I don't do it that much anymore, just when I was fooling around with flavors.

Some poeple keep seperate atty's for like flavors. One atty for fruity flavors, one darker flavors like coffee and tobacco, and definately a seperte one if you like menthol. So far I'm not much on sweet flavors or fruity flavors so I don't worry about it to much. I did try some vanilla once and OMG it took days to get that taste out of my atty. Seriously, I couldn't believe how long it lingered.

This is what I do too, though I don't have a menthol one. (I should have though, because I let my brother load some menthol juice into my VP PT once and it took days to get it gone.) I think I got the idea from Brian, now I think about it... Thanks bro!

maybe when my sense of taste comes back i'll have to worry about it LOL!!

I still can't taste the pre-made juices. I started buying flavorings and adding them to the juices I have, but also mixing my own. I can now taste them. I just needed stronger flavors I guess. So far the taste isn't strong to me, but at least there is a hint of flavor and I'm liking that.

I use different atomizers for different flavor types. I've found if I want to vape chocolate I have to have an atomizer just for that. The flavor never seems to come out for me.

Does running the atty's through hot water for a few minutes and blowing it out work at all? Or do you think boiling is the only way to get most of the gunk out when using really thick flavors?

If the attys been sitting around, I have to think it's pretty gunked up...

I've had better luck with rinsing them out than with boiling to clean them. (I forgot I had some in the pot once, they boiled for 20 minutes and never gave a wisp again. :)) That said, there was no rinsing out the menthol. That just had to burn its way away.

I've had better luck with rinsing them out than with boiling to clean them. (I forgot I had some in the pot once, they boiled for 20 minutes and never gave a wisp again. :)) That said, there was no rinsing out the menthol. That just had to burn its way away.

I've seen people mention they at least keep a separate one for menthol, it lingers forever...mmmm...VT Mentha...

mcquinn uses denture tabs to soak his in. Then he rises them out a couple of time with hot water from his coffee pot. I would say if you've been using the atty for a while, just hot tap water probably won't do much good.

I usually have two atty's going at a time for two flavors.When I change to another flavor that is not close I just get a clean one out and clean the old ones.I like to switch between two way different flavors so my taste buds don't get acclimated and taste starts getting weak.It seems to me after several methods that any of the cleaning methods work if you haven't waited too long or used a juice with lotsa sugar in it.

Edited by mcquinn

Well, I lost a "new" atty last night. I'll have to try some of these cleaning methods, but something tells me it isn't dirty yet. I just started using them Thursday morning. I certainly thought they would last longer than a day and a half. :thumbsdown:

Well, I lost a "new" atty last night. I'll have to try some of these cleaning methods, but something tells me it isn't dirty yet. I just started using them Thursday morning. I certainly thought they would last longer than a day and a half. :thumbsdown:

Contact the supplier. If it died that fast they may send you a replacement. Did it stop woking completely, or just not working good? Does it still get hot at all?

Edited by Brian