How Much Current Do You Think An In-Use Charger Draws?

mmseng

So, after getting my hands on a bunch of fun e-cigs parts, I realized, my desk is totally cluttered with charger adapters and such. I realized that most every gadget I own can charge directly from USB, so I got a nice Rosewill 7-port powered USB hub from newegg. Now I use only one outlet on my powerstrip and can plug all of the following into the hub:

- cell phone

- ipod

- kindle

- multiple e-cig/PCC chargers

However the hub is rated at 2A, and I'm wondering if charging all these things at once would overdraw from the unit. How many mAh do you think a charging 510 battery or a 510 PCC draws? I don't suppose my other devices draw all that much power, but I fear that charging 2 or 3 510 batts at the same time might put this unit over its limit. IIRC, it's recommended that you plug a USB PT into something that can handle at least 1300mAh (or something close to that). But I won't be using this hub for a PT, and I'm hoping that a 510 charger wouldn't draw that much.

Of course I'm not normally charging everything at once, but I'd like to know if I'd be stressing the unit if I did.

Any ideas? Thanks,

== Matt

EDIT: here's the link to the hub I got BTW: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-182-176

Edited by mmseng

If you are just charging things you should be ok,most chargers charge at a rate of 400 mAh and I doubt if all those things will be run down at once.If you are using a passthrough without inline battery they draw at least one amp so you might unlug something while vaping .