Spade Battery Question

Lee

I am contemplating placing an order for a Spade and have a question about the batteries. I was doing a little research on availability of the 10440 battery and found that there are a variety of 10440 protected batteries out there. Some were rated at 500mAh, and I found one that was 2200mAh. Can any of these be used with the Spade, or is there an upper limit. I know the mAh is more about how long they hold a charge, but wasn't sure if there were other factors I need to be aware of.

All I know so far is that the 10440 protected batteries I got with my Spade are longer and slightly larger in diameter than the 10440 protected batteries I got with my Janty Stick V3. The Spade batts say 600 mAh, even though

Chris has said ther're only 360, I see them on battery sites listed as 600, and the Janty batts are 320 mAh... So, at least wait for more info.

There is no AAA 3.6 volt battery on the market that is higher than 360mah. It just doesn't exist. If it says anything higher on the battery it's a mis print. (We had this confirmed with the manufacture as well)

The only exception to this is the Janty Ego which is does have higher mah but the battery is "canned" and not removable. :)

All I know so far is that the 10440 protected batteries I got with my Spade are longer and slightly larger in diameter than the 10440 protected batteries I got with my Janty Stick V3. The Spade batts say 600 mAh, even though

Chris has said ther're only 360, I see them on battery sites listed as 600, and the Janty batts are 320 mAh... So, at least wait for more info.

Supposedly the 600 mah was a mis-print according to past posts. I bought some 500mah for my JS a while back from dealextreme and they seemed to work fine. So the original and the 500 mah ones I bought were unprotected. When I got the spade, I bought two extra batteries along with it mostly because "protected" sounds so much better than "unprotected". ;-)

There is no AAA 3.6 volt battery on the market that is higher than 360mah. It just doesn't exist. If it says anything higher on the battery it's a mis print. (We had this confirmed with the manufacture as well)

The only exception to this is the Janty Ego which is does have higher mah but the battery is "canned" and not removable. :)

I went back and looked, and the 2200mAh reference was to a different batter. The 10440 does say 500mAh though.

So I was taken in?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.974

Too funny. Oh well, thought I was a genius finding them!

It even says so on the link you provided:

- Note: Professional users have tested these batteries' capacity to be 305mAh each and Ultrafire is overrating them as 500mAh. Please read the "measured capacity" forum post below.

It even says so on the link you provided:

- Note: Professional users have tested these batteries' capacity to be 305mAh each and Ultrafire is overrating them as 500mAh. Please read the "measured capacity" forum post below.

Okay Brian - I think we all know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. In my defense, I bought these months ago so I'm pretty sure that warning wasn't there when I got them, pretty sure.