What Will This Year Bring?

Senator Corbett is at it again in California working her hardest to make sure you don't own an Electronic Cigarette. All in the name of children of course, Surgeon Generals are going after Smoke Everywhere, the list goes on.

So with all this fun stuff going on (and the year has JUST started) What are your predictions for this year? The Judge Leon case was a major mile stone in stopping the FDA from seizures Electronic cigarettes at the boarders but suppliers are already reporting the seizures are still happening. (Customs states the judge hasn't put anything on paper yet so it's not 100% official)

Will the bans grow? Will we still be able to purchase? Taxes? Thoughts...

Retailers, buyers and suppliers need to band together and start inundating elected representatives with as much material and personal appeals as possible. There are physicians and health experts willing to say that e-cigs are a better choice than analogs. They need to be encouraged to speak up against any outright ban.

The majority of e-cig sources I am aware of are very explicit in saying these are not for kids. But there are unscrupulous individuals who don't have any such scruples. Where possible these marketers need to be put out of business, and the best way to do that is to boycott their sites. If they're not making sales, they won't stay in business.

With the right kind of support, and a reasoned, fact-based appeal to politicians, I think the move to ban e-cigs can be turned around.

I predict we will kick the FDA's money filled ***! We are armed with reason and our numbers are growing! There will come a day when the smoke will clear and the rain will wash away the cigarette ash! You will climb on top of the Capital and plant the original American flag with the 13 stars to symbolize the days before the federal government went crazy! It will be televised on every channel in the world! You will hold up your VPPT towards the heavens and everyone in the world will do the same! Then as everyone is watching with tears of joy you will scream out,"They may take our lives but they will never take our freeeeeeeeeedom!!!" :horse:

I'm the Schizophretard and I approve this message. :D

This from another supplier...Looks like things are not going to be as easy as we thought...

I have a shipment doing the FDA Dance right now. Currently though it is in US Customs in Chicago O’Hare. I called them today to see if it is being released. The US Customs Agent said that it is not being released and that I needed to contact the FDA. No surprise there, since they have been little help this entire time and are retards with a badge and do what they are told.

So, we move forward to calling the FDA in Chicago. I specifically called the Agent that sent me the “Refusal” letter. Agent Dorothy, her last name is very long and I’m so pissed off right now, her first name is shorter.

Anyway, I asked her about my package that is being held. She said it is still being withheld. I asked her when they are releasing it. She said “They are not releasing it”. I informed her that a federal judge ruled that the FDA doesn’t have the right to withhold them because they are not new drugs and are not drug delivery devices. They are “Tobacco like products” and therefore can not be stopped from being imported. She said, “Yes, I am aware of that, however, that only applies to the parties involved in the case. The two companies mentioned in the court order. Those will be released and not withheld. We have been instructed to withhold all electronic cigarettes and E-liquid unless it is for those two companies. If you have shipments or having new shipments coming in they will be withheld and refused from entering the country.”

So, how is it some of us get screwed while others get released? How did I piss them off so bad?

What are your predictions for this year?

I do want some type of control on this stuff. But my prediction is, based on the money Tobacco and Pharma have at risk and can throw at every level of government and supposed "experts", is that we are in trouble. The major problem is this is not an industry that has big players. We would either need a really good grass roots movement to educate and coerce, or we need something big to step in and produce a positive study. AMA, a big journal, Cancer Society, Lung Assoc., something. Many consider this just another vice or even smoking, and no one is looking out for smokers, many people actually kind of despise them.

Until big business finds a way to make huge money off PVs, this is not going to stop. Look at the way it is now. Little internet vendors like Arno and Jeff are selling these things via mail and making a modestly little sum of money for their trouble. The Chinese aren't getting rich off manufacturing them either. Probably no more profit than making Hello Kitty dolls.

But the money being generated by analogs is off the chain. The tax money only seems to be enough to keep FL running. So until there is a way for big business and big government to make huge bucks, they are going to continue to try to ban them.

However, if PM or RJR come out with their own products (which they are already working on), the FDA will ban the Chinese models and approve the big tobacco versions. So we will still have our devices only they will be much more expensive and juice will probably be taxed to high heaven.

Now this may not be an all together bad thing. We may come up with a much more quality product. And our juice may be safer and better tasting. It just remains to be seen.

This from another supplier...Looks like things are not going to be as easy as we thought...

Maybe this is why im not getting any sort of update on my tracking? I bet those commies took my vape!

“Yes, I am aware of that, however, that only applies to the parties involved in the case. The two companies mentioned in the court order. Those will be released and not withheld. We have been instructed to withhold all electronic cigarettes and E-liquid unless it is for those two companies. If you have shipments or having new shipments coming in they will be withheld and refused from entering the country.”

The right attorney would probably rip them a new one on this. In fact, if the judge in the case was made aware of the FDA stance, he would probably rip them a new one. My reading of his ruling did not specifically single out the litigants in the case. In fact, he said that the FDA had no authority to take the action of stopping shipments...PERIOD!

This may be a really stupid question. What exactly is US customs seizing, liquid, atomizers, batteries or everything?

Isn't there some way around this? Like shipping all the parts in separate packages. If they are all shipped together it makes the device that FDA wants to control. But what if the parts were shipped separately, then it just becomes a battery, atomizer or liquid and not e-cigs as a whole. Does that make any sense?

The right attorney would probably rip them a new one on this. In fact, if the judge in the case was made aware of the FDA stance, he would probably rip them a new one. My reading of his ruling did not specifically single out the litigants in the case. In fact, he said that the FDA had no authority to take the action of stopping shipments...PERIOD!

Problem is there's no way the retailers we deal with can afford a straight up attorney to fight it. Apologies for making that assumption, but I figure it's true. Only if a lawyer thought there was money to be had would they take a case on the contingency of winning.

This may be a really stupid question. What exactly is US customs seizing, liquid, atomizers, batteries or everything?

Isn't there some way around this? Like shipping all the parts in separate packages. If they are all shipped together it makes the device that FDA wants to control. But what if the parts were shipped separately, then it just becomes a battery, atomizer or liquid and not e-cigs as a whole. Does that make any sense?

They are pulling pretty much anything they find.

The only suggestion I could make would be a class action suit. Get all the vendors, all suppliers and manufacturers together and talk to the Attorney that handled the recent case. Take that to court with the recent ruling and insure that the FDA cannot bend the rules!

The only suggestion I could make would be a class action suit. Get all the vendors, all suppliers and manufacturers together and talk to the Attorney that handled the recent case. Take that to court with the recent ruling and insure that the FDA cannot bend the rules!

Other than that the only alternative is to find a way to produce them right here in this country, then there is no way customs can get involved.