Got my JC Sample pack today!

It finally came! I am majorly impressed with the packaging and all the goodies in the 'tool box' too. As some of you know, I've been having throat and mouth issues with the carts that came with my kit and wondered if the problem was PG related. The JC juice is also PG but unquestionably a much better product. Chose the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor to start with and readied a cart. I have to admit I was a little surprised at how much juice it took to get the batting completely wet. Obviously there is a difference between 'topping up' a cartridge and filling a totally dry one. Must have used a third of the liquid in the little sample bottle. Then again the Penstyle has a larger cart, too. Anyway, I am loving the taste! Am finding that the milder throat hit is a big plus for me as well as the fact the the nic level is a downgraded from what I was using. Only a tad bit harsh on the throat for the first while but figure that may be because I had to get used to vaping again as I gave it up while waiting for this juice. It's now a couple of hours later and, so far, I'm feeling pretty darn pleased. Another couple of days will tell the tale but, worst case scenerio, I order again only the VG version this time. Am looking forward to trying the other flavors too but very happy so far. It's brought back all the pleasure of vaping again! I can't believe the difference it makes to have decent juice to vape from!

The vinillla is really good, the peach cobler is good as well, those where my 2 favs. I still choose to dry smoke, but yea the carts can take a ton of juice that's for sure. Glad you are enjoying the new juice, I never did smoke the PG for Johnson only the non PG.

How is the vapor?

The vapor is great. Lots of it - of course, this IS the penstyle we're talking about, :D Have just changed the cart to the Tennesse Cured as I'm starting to realize I need something just a little less sweet for a 'regular' daily vape. Still working the vanilla out of the atomizer, I think, as I don't notice too much difference yet but then again ... I just changed it like two minutes ago.

Guess I'll have to consider this 'dry smoking' you're talking about one day soon. I take it that means 'dripping'? I only have the one atomizer so far - my supplier is out of stock until next week supposedly so am afraid to do anything that might kill it. Sounds pretty easy - just two or three drips straight on it and you're good for a cig or two worth? How often do you clean your atomizer using this method? Do you keep the batting in the cartridge or remove it to vape this way?

Whether you dry smoke or cart smoke your still going to have to wear out the old flavor you where vaping on.

As for dry smoking you don't really have to worry about killing your atomizer, it can just wear down the parts faster, IE batteries getting liquid in them and the atomizer getting dirty faster. But normally it will still last a good month without any problems. :) The thing is there is a chance of this happening with dry smoking and cart smoking so who cares. Dry smoking = better taste, more flavor and more vapor. The penstyle was made for this. Plus you don't have to really worry about the whole liquid in your mouth thing anymore, this was the main reason I switched over. Get liquid in your mouth sucks!

EDIT:

As for the cleaning I'm to lazy, I just purchase a new atomizer every month. I blow out my batteries with air and give the threads a good cleaning with a damp cloth. (They threads turn black after a while) But the method that works the best when I do clean them is boiling. Get some water in a pan, heat it to a rolling boil and then boil the atomizer for about 5-8 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Let is FULLY dry. Pop about 3 drips on the atomizer and bring it back to life. (can take about 15 minutes for it to vape like crazy again, but it will taste almost brand new)

Thanks for the tips, Chris. Just a couple more questions tho! Seeing as how I accidentally topped off my Tennesee Cured cart (love that flavor) with Vanilla Ice Cream tonight, I decided maybe it was time to switch to dripping after all! From what I understand, the two - three drops equals about one cigarette? Do you keep batting in the cart to sort of filter the smoke or take it out altogether?

Also, re boiling the atomizer, could you do this when you first get a new atomizer to get rid of that awful primer taste? Or is the primer somehow embedded right in it and nothing but heating it will burn it off?

Thanks again for your patience.

Thanks for the tips, Chris. Just a couple more questions tho! Seeing as how I accidentally topped off my Tennesee Cured cart (love that flavor) with Vanilla Ice Cream tonight, I decided maybe it was time to switch to dripping after all! From what I understand, the two - three drops equals about one cigarette? Do you keep batting in the cart to sort of filter the smoke or take it out altogether?

Also, re boiling the atomizer, could you do this when you first get a new atomizer to get rid of that awful primer taste? Or is the primer somehow embedded right in it and nothing but heating it will burn it off?

Thanks again for your patience.

you take the cotton part out when dripping just use the tip, I never use more than two drops at a time more than that and you can start to flood the atomizer. As for the primer just blow through the back end of the atomizer untill liquid stops comming out the front and put in a few drops of what you want to smoke.

also on the penstyle when you blow out the liquid, take a tissue and try to wipe around the inside of the chamber with a tissue as the liquid sticks to the side and runs back down inside again once you start to vape on it. Just be careful not to touch the heating coil inside.