Would This Work?

beboe76

This is a car charger adapter with 2 USB ports. Im no technological wizard, so I thought I would ask if I could use this charger for my PT? I am especially attracted to this one, as it has 2 ports, and me and my boyfriend both vape. Any info is much appreciated :) It says it supplies 500ma per usb port at 5.2V

http://www.amazon.com/Powerjolt-Dual-Universal-USB-Charger/dp/B001Q2FM5E/ref=pd_cp_e_2

Edited by beboe76

Well I can't say for sure but I don't think so. At least, the one that VT store has (one port) is 2,000 mAh. Someone did post a two-port version the other day, so I hope whoever that was (sorry, can't recall; my memory is like - mine, not like Brian's, which is a steel trap) will step in with a suggestion. Good luck!

A 5 volt power supply is a 5 volt power supply, so it will work. The question is in the mAh, or in other words the "strength" of those 5 volts. With lower mAh, the oomph in that 5 volts is going to be a little lacking. Think of it like this: it's not the number of volts that will kill you when you get shocked, but rather the amps behind those volts. With 500mAh coming from the USB to the PT, you may not get the volume of vapor you're looking for, but you will most likely get vapor.

Unless you are using a PT with a battery inline I would make sure it has 1000 mAh per port as the atty's draw quite a bit of current.The ones with the batteries you are basicly vaping off of the battery and the battery is charging off the outlet.But if you want to try what is the worst thing that could happen?In this case there should be a fuse in the adapter to blow or your PV will not get hot enough to make vapor.I bought an adapter from OffieMax that is 400 mAh and it works with my Kissbox PT as it has a battery.I am no electrical engineer and I am sure there will be someone with another opinion.

I am told by a reliable source this one is 2 amp http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11046502&findingMethod=rr#ProductDetail.

I know these don't exactly convert, but would a 2 amp be about the same as 2000 mah?

I know these don't exactly convert, but would a 2 amp be about the same as 2000 mah?

2000 ma (not mah) is the same as 2 amps. 1000 miliamps = 1 amp. So if the adapter that mcquinn gave a link to has an output of 2 amps then it provides 1000 ma (1 amp) per port. Beware there are a lot of 1000 ma dual usb adapters out there which only provide 500 ma per port. At 500 ma your vaping experience would be dismal.