Honest Review: Altsmoke's Silver Bullet

VaporXtreme

Well, I've been using AltSmoke's Silver Bullet for about a week now and so far I've been highly impressed. I started off by ordering the unit from AltSmoke on January 8th, 2010 and received my unit on January 11th, 2010. As a side note when I first ordered, I received a email within 2 hours stating my order was shipped and also included my tracking number. That was impressive in itself, but then Rob Winslow (Owner of AltSmoke) sent me a personalized email.

shiftyninja.gif

Anyway, when I received my package in the mail, I opened it to find everything perfectly packed and protected. First thing I did was hookup my charger and throw in both of my UltraFire (18650/2400mah/3.7V) batteries to let them charge. It took about 4 1/2 hours and they were fully charged and ready to go.

Before going any further, I applied so Noalox from Ideal on the threads. Only did this per recommendation from AltSmoke and forum members, as it's suppose to keep your threads lubricated and function properly.

shiftyninja.gif

After applying the Noalox, I inserted my battery and screwed everything together, which happened very smoothly. Then put on my 510 atty, after I blew it out and got the primer out of it. Next it was time to drip some juice. Luckily, I have a friend that had some juice on hand from nHaler. Yeah, I actually forgot to order some juice when I ordered the Silver Bullet. Apparently I was overly excited about receiving my new unit, I just let it slip my mind for one reason or another. Very sad, but very true.

shiftyninja.gif

Anyway, I was able to try out 5 different juices:

• RY4
  • Nuport
  • Orange Creamsicle
  • Peanut Butter Cup
  • Banana Cream Surprise

So, I dripped different flavors and found the flavor to be unique (in a good way), the vapor production was amazing and very consistent, and the throat hit was just right. Granted, this is all at 3.7V. Now honestly, I didn't care for the Orange Creamsicle flavor at all. I thought it might be good when I ordered it, but needless to say I won't buy that flavor again. All the other flavors were excellent though. This entire experience has been sweet so far.

The Silver Bullet unit itself is very solid. The switch on it is built to last and I was able to tell that within the first few hours of using it. Each time I pushed it, it activated without hesitation. Before buying my first MOD, I did a lot of research and I mean a lot. I wanted to make sure that the unit I bought was going to last for a long time to come. My view is simple, if I spend my hard earned money on a product, I expect quality. With AltSmoke's Silver Bullet, I received just that and it's exceeded my expectations.

There's still a few things I have to get and tryout. I still haven't tried vaping at 6V, but that's the next thing I'm going to be ordering. I've heard a lot of people that have tried 6V vaping, never looked back at 3.7V vaping. We shall see when that time arrives. Yeah, this is my first and only MOD, so I can't really compare it to anything, but I don't feel the need to buy anything else at this moment, considering I'm very happy with my Silver Bullet. Granted, there's something I'm looking at, but more on that in just a moment.

;)

My opinion about this unit is simple, it's a great unit. The 3.7V batteries are unreal in battery life (20+ hours). It's built to last. The silver finish is sweet, although you do have to polish it. It's a fingerprint magnet, but once your using it for awhile, it's not as noticeable. It gives great vapor production and throat hit, more than I expected originally at 3.7V. All around, I'm glad I did my homework and found the product that best suits me. I'm looking forward to great things/times with my new PV.

thumbsup.gif

Other Thoughts

As I stated above, I've been looking at another PV very closely. Not because I don't enjoy my Silver Bullet, but because I believe in variety. Some people enjoy 3.7V vaping, while others are in love with 6V. Now a lot of people have different opinions when it comes to taste, on different voltages. Therefor, we are constantly looking for that sweet spot. So, I have a unit that does both 3.7V and 6V, but maybe I need something to sit in between. Now what unit could I possibly be looking at seriously getting, when it's available?

(Jeopardy theme song begins playing)

VaporXtreme buzzes in...

VaporXtreme: What is JOKER from VaprLife?

Alex: That's CORRECT!!!

In all seriousness, the idea of having a true 5V device is enticing and I'm thinking more than likely, I'll be giving it a shot once it's released. Not too mention, it doesn't hurt that I enjoy the colors on the unit of Green and Purple. The Black one is nice as well, but I'm leaning more towards the Green or Purple one.

thumbsup.gif

Final Thoughts

Well, I appreciate all of you that stuck through this review. It's a little on the long side and I'm sure i probably forgot to mention a few things, but feel free to leave comments below and I'll try to answer any questions, to the best of my ability. I might end up adding to this review, once I try the Silver Bullet at 6V. Anyway, if your looking for a solid PV that has variety and one that's built to last, look now further than the Silver Bullet from AltSmoke.

punk.gif

Edited by VaporXtreme

Thanks for the review Vaporxtreme, I think you made an excellent choice. I haven't heard anything bad about the SB. Keep us updated when you make the switch to 6 volts and tell us how you like it.

Really nice review. I'm interested to hear how it does at 6v, too. I haven't heard very much about the Silver Bullet, but maybe it's one I should do some research on. I'm positive you have Dave's attention right about now. :rolleyes2:

Really nice review. I'm interested to hear how it does at 6v, too. I haven't heard very much about the Silver Bullet, but maybe it's one I should do some research on. I'm positive you have Dave's attention right about now. :rolleyes2:

Hey, what's the 'rolleyes' for?! :D Am I that transparent? :D Sigh. Nana you're the best. And yeah, I can't wait to hear. It's one of the things I'm thinking about as I follow Brian's mod adventure; whether to do 5V or 6V whenever I decide to try it myself.

Great review! Can't wait to hear what it's like at 6V, which is what I find I'm really looking forward to. Please keep us posted, and Congratulations!

Thanks, I appreciate you take the time to read my review. I'll keep you posted.

Nice review and glad you like it!

Appreciate it. Yeah, I really enjoy it.

Thanks for the review Vaporxtreme, I think you made an excellent choice. I haven't heard anything bad about the SB. Keep us updated when you make the switch to 6 volts and tell us how you like it.

I think I made a good choice myself. That's why I made the purchase, because I couldn't find hardly anything negative on the internet about it. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll keep you informed.

Nice review and welcome to the world of vaping.

Cya,

Appreciate the props. =D

Hey, what's the 'rolleyes' for?! :D Am I that transparent? :D Sigh. Nana you're the best. And yeah, I can't wait to hear. It's one of the things I'm thinking about as I follow Brian's mod adventure; whether to do 5V or 6V whenever I decide to try it myself.

I'm not going to sound like a sales pitch, but just do some research for yourself and see what you think. I'll update you and everyone else on 6V, once I try it myself. Thanks for reading.

Transparent? You? Naw. I think I'm beginning to know you and just knew you'd be interested in 6v. That's all. :innocent:

And doing those mods seem cheap enough, you ought to be able to both the 5v and the 6v, don't ya think?

Great review and a wonderful choice!! That SB was high on my list, and still is.

How is that fantastic button? Love that button. I worry that it might not match my lifestyle though (please don't take this as criticsm, it's a personal worry for a personal way of life is all), because of fine hay and tons of pet hair (horses, cats, dogs, cows, probably even the dang fish) and dust and stuff possibly getting clogged under it somehow? Please let us know what you think for the backwoods type of living. (so different from you clean carwash city type folk).

I've heard nothing but good too, and that was my only question with it. (oh, and battery life/drop off??? how does it perform to the last puff on that charge? Important only to folks like me who have to run out in the rain every 2 or 4 hours and change the battery or start the car so the car battery won't die. Once again, no criticsm, just curious).

Congrats on your purchase!!

Great review and a wonderful choice!! That SB was high on my list, and still is.

How is that fantastic button? Love that button. I worry that it might not match my lifestyle though (please don't take this as criticsm, it's a personal worry for a personal way of life is all), because of fine hay and tons of pet hair (horses, cats, dogs, cows, probably even the dang fish) and dust and stuff possibly getting clogged under it somehow? Please let us know what you think for the backwoods type of living. (so different from you clean carwash city type folk).

I've heard nothing but good too, and that was my only question with it. (oh, and battery life/drop off??? how does it perform to the last puff on that charge? Important only to folks like me who have to run out in the rain every 2 or 4 hours and change the battery or start the car so the car battery won't die. Once again, no criticsm, just curious).

Congrats on your purchase!!

The button on the unit is excellent. It was one of the most important things on my list of PV choices. I've heard a lot of negative things about other PV's switches (won't name any in particular), so I went by reviews and posts from other people. I can see the Silver Bullet being able to withstand a good amount of abuse. Your situation is unique, but I still think it would hold up for you, for a long time to come. Like I said in my previous post, I don't want to sound like I'm giving a sales pitch, but I honestly love my unit. The price is very reasonable, considering the build quality and the switch (to me), seems to be beyond my wildest expectations. On the 3.7V battery, near the end of the life I noticed a small amount of drop off in vapor production, but nothing dramatic. In my opinion, having around 20+ hours of vaping capability, without having to worry about changing the battery is sweet. Don't worry, I didn't take any criticism from what you said, as your entitled to your own thoughts and opinions. If you need to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

The button on the unit is excellent. It was one of the most important things on my list of PV choices. I've heard a lot of negative things about other PV's switches (won't name any in particular), so I went by reviews and posts from other people. I can see the Silver Bullet being able to withstand a good amount of abuse. Your situation is unique, but I still think it would hold up for you, for a long time to come. Like I said in my previous post, I don't want to sound like I'm giving a sales pitch, but I honestly love my unit. The price is very reasonable, considering the build quality and the switch (to me), seems to be beyond my wildest expectations. On the 3.7V battery, near the end of the life I noticed a small amount of drop off in vapor production, but nothing dramatic. In my opinion, having around 20+ hours of vaping capability, without having to worry about changing the battery is sweet. Don't worry, I didn't take any criticism from what you said, as your entitled to your own thoughts and opinions. If you need to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Thanks, good to hear. The reason I asked for the SB is because the BB has a potential for the problem only to people like me. (what's that 1% who have to be extra careful lol).

Glad to hear the SB can keep in on my list of top 1000 lol.

Thanks for not taking my questions as criticism. I am a fact fanatic... not an opinion maker... but at times my facts get confoozled and neeed a good cleaning. Thanks! and once again, Congrats on your purchase!

• 2 months later...

I’m sorry to say I have a Silver Bullet. Didn’t realize that they seem to be designed primarily for dripping. I don’t want to reach over to add drops to my cig every few minutes. I would just like to relax and smoke. Therefore I use a cart. Most e cigs develop a kind of equilibrium with the cart/atty. So they remain relatively consistent throughout the life of the cart or battery whichever goes first. The SB is not capable of doing this. They start out ok then its downhill from there.

Worse yet, don’t ever make a mistake filling a cart or you’ll lose the atty. Its like the automatic battery vs the manual. Most people have gone to manual for fear of getting liquid in the battery and losing the battery. In this case, however, batteries are even cheaper the attys. With the SB you’re just out of luck plus $10.

Im sorry to say I have a Silver Bullet. Didnt realize that they seem to be designed primarily for dripping. I dont want to reach over to add drops to my cig every few minutes. I would just like to relax and smoke. Therefore I use a cart. Most e cigs develop a kind of equilibrium with the cart/atty. So they remain relatively consistent throughout the life of the cart or battery whichever goes first. The SB is not capable of doing this. They start out ok then its downhill from there.

Worse yet, dont ever make a mistake filling a cart or youll lose the atty. Its like the automatic battery vs the manual. Most people have gone to manual for fear of getting liquid in the battery and losing the battery. In this case, however, batteries are even cheaper the attys. With the SB youre just out of luck plus $10.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not understanding what you're saying. What does the unit itself have to do with whether you use a cart or direct drip? Are you saying that the atty leaks and due to the design of the SB the atty shorts out?

Edited by Brian

• 1 month later...

I’m sorry to say I have a Silver Bullet. Didn’t realize that they seem to be designed primarily for dripping. I don’t want to reach over to add drops to my cig every few minutes. I would just like to relax and smoke. Therefore I use a cart. Most e cigs develop a kind of equilibrium with the cart/atty. So they remain relatively consistent throughout the life of the cart or battery whichever goes first. The SB is not capable of doing this. They start out ok then its downhill from there.

Worse yet, don’t ever make a mistake filling a cart or you’ll lose the atty. Its like the automatic battery vs the manual. Most people have gone to manual for fear of getting liquid in the battery and losing the battery. In this case, however, batteries are even cheaper the attys. With the SB you’re just out of luck plus $10.

Hey Bro.

I realize this is an old conversation, but I really hope you'll come back and shed some light on your comments. They don't seem to make sense and I'm sure its a simple misunderstanding. Your atty and your carts have nothing to do with the Silver Bullet. The SB is simply a tube, a switch, and a battery connector. The atty and cart have nothing to do with the SB at all and are your preference on which to use.

I've owned a SB for many months (unfortunately, I lost it but that's another story) and have used it with 6 different attys, cartomizers, carts, and anything else you can probably think of. The battery case and switch are comfortable to hold and use and it is probably the best made PV on the market.

I hope you'll come back so we can understand what you meant.

Edited by CNubel

Glad you're enjoying your SB.

I've had mine for 9 or so months now, maybe more. It's been rock solid - every single day.

Recently added the DBSB to my collection as well for giggles. IMO, you made a great purchase.

Happy Vapin' thumbsup.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines