Floval

I looked at the local pet stores today and cannot find the fluval-sp to use as filler in my carts. Does anyone know of an online source that carries it? I am using my cotton quilt batting to replace my filler for now but am wondering if its safe to inhale cotton smoke?

Thanks in advance for the tips. jen

I looked at the local pet stores today and cannot find the fluval-sp to use as filler in my carts. Does anyone know of an online source that carries it? I am using my cotton quilt batting to replace my filler for now but am wondering if its safe to inhale cotton smoke?

Maybe you just don't know what it looks like. It is in the aquarium supplies area. It is a blue box aprox 6" high, 4" wide, 3" deep Big white letters FLUVAL Water Polishing Pad 3 pack, with a picture on the box. The pads are white. about $4.00 and lasts forever, I have had my box for well over 6 months.

Keep looking you will find it, really common product. I was in 4 store before I finally asked someone, now i see it everywhere, even in Wal-Mart.

Maybe you just don't know what it looks like. It is in the aquarium supplies area. It is a blue box aprox 6" high, 4" wide, 3" deep Big white letters FLUVAL Water Polishing Pad 3 pack, with a picture on the box. The pads are white. about $4.00 and lasts forever, I have had my box for well over 6 months.

Keep looking you will find it, really common product. I was in 4 store before I finally asked someone, now i see it everywhere, even in Wal-Mart.

I know what he means... our crappy WalMart doesn't have it either! I had to go out of town to a fish store to buy some. It doesn't work nearly as well as the PTB anyway... but I guess I will have some in case I need it. I will say this though... it works alot better when used with the straw mod I found. Not really sure why, but it sure does.

Edited by DAYVAPE

You can check out THIS LINK if you'd like to see what the box looks like. I've been into saltwater fish for a while (long before I started vaping) and have ordered supplies from Drs. Foster and Smith plenty of times, so, just in case you can't find it anywhere, I'd recommend them. The only downer is that shipping would probably cost more than the Fluval! Good luck!

Jnnfrlsw, I just thought of another possibility. DIY Flavor Shack should be back up and running tomorrow, January 18. (They closed down for the holidays.) I know I got a baggie with some Fluval in it when I ordered a mixing kit from them, but I don't know If they sell it outright. If you still can't find any in your local stores, check out the Flavor Shack, if they do have it, you'll at least be able to round out your order with some juice and other fun stuff!

Edited by SmokinHammer

Good question. Anything that is "white white bright" has probably been bleached... and that's scarey. One would have to make an organic search? I don't have a clue on that. On the other hand, with the Fluval, it seems really safe because after all it is used for a living breathing creature. Fish can't handle anything toxic. :) Come to think of it, when we have to patch up a leaky water trough for the animals, we use Aquarium glue stuff, because it's the only non-toxic glue that we know of off hand that is safe for drinking water. I would go with the Fluval. But... how did they get it blue? Man, what a great question you posed. This one's a toughie to research.

I prefer the fluval 2 plus water polishing pads--the 2 plus is a bit denser. the #3 pads have a finer/softer texture to them. You can also order them on amazon or ebay. I believe you can order them on line from petsmart also.

I prefer the fluval 2 plus water polishing pads--the 2 plus is a bit denser. the #3 pads have a finer/softer texture to them. You can also order them on amazon or ebay. I believe you can order them on line from petsmart also.

Good to know - Thanks I will look around.

Down side is the original VT poster can't find any Fluval.no.gif

Without first reading all of this thread.... I ordered mine off eBay. Our Walmart didn't have it and I didn't want to buy any other brand. Do a search on eBay and I'm sure you'll find some....afterall, I don't think there is anything you can't find on eBay except ecigs lol.

I went to an actual fish store the other day and they looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for the Fluval 2.

Why the heck can't I find this stuff anyway? I didn't think I would have to end up ordering off the blasted internet... but that's looking more like the only answer around where I live. Crazy.

By the way... this method has proven the best for me by far!

It keeps the rolled/folded end at the top of the cart and I

have found myself not needing to top off NEARLY as often,

and all the hits are like the first for the longest time it seems.

www.youtube.com/thestubear62 (find his "PTB MOD VID")

Thanks Stubear!

Edited by DAYVAPE

I have to agree--I alway go back to fluval--I have tried so many other fillers--and the fluval for me works best.

Fluval 2 plus--if you just wander through the aquarium section until you see the fluval boxes--it is possible not all carry it. When you open the box you will know it the right stuff

You can just ask where the aquarium filters are...

I know--I would rather not order on line when I can buy it locally.

keep looking--its out there!!!

had a cart filler epiphany:

in cleaning out my closets today I came across a pack of vent filters. These are thin sheets of poly type material. some vapers prefer the cart filler that is fan folded--this stuff can be fan folded about 4 folds. I'm trying it in a couple carts--working great so far.

http://www.webproducts.com/Detail.bok?no=31

the material and consistency is much like Fluval-- here's my second thought--the sheets of fluval 2 plus can be pulled apart into thinner sheets that can be folded...haven't tried it yet.

If the Fluval 2 plus can't be found--I got the vent filters at our local wal-mart. I would imagine any place that sold heater filters would also have vent filters...

Just a thought.

Happy Vaping

Lisa