Why Does This Happen

Mike

Once in a great while after a vape, I let go of the button, the led goes out, but I still am getting battery power. I've caught this a couple of times and hit the button again and it stopped. A couple of other times I didn't notice and when I went to pick it back up and burnt my fingers on it. One other time it drained my battery and burt out an atty. The atty actually worked a couple of days later. So did the battery but I'm sure some damage was done. I have 7 attys and 3 batteries and rotate them somewhat. I can't say if it was the same battery that keeps doing this or something else. I like my 510 but I like my fingerprints too! Is there any way to prevent this?

---Mike

My advice is to mark the one thats acting up with some nail polish or make a small scratch on the side to figure out what the problem is. You also might want to invest in different batterys. Seems to me like the button might be sticking or there is a short in the battery causing it to stay on longer while the button is not pressed. Keep in mind, if you set it down and it turns on without you knowing, it can become a fire hazard, definitely something you want to fix asap.

yeah that's good advice. I'm pretty sure this has happened to more than one of my batteries. And when it happens I'm sure that the button is released. I'm thinking now that some eliquid may have got behind the button and is causing the problem. Let this be a lesson to everyone else. Don't over fill and when you drip don't push the cart in with your finger over the hole. This may cause juice to come through the little vents between the bat and atty.

Don't over fill and when you drip don't push the cart in with your finger over the hole.

Someone else was noticing that they where doing this a few months back. If juice does creep into the batter unit, it can cause some major problems. Definitely a nono in the world of e-cigs ;)

I was never impressed with the Joye 302 pennstyle batteries ,or the Janty Kissbox batteries I guess they are behind on battery technology.Has anyone tried the DSE batteries for 510's the DSE 510 clone atty's are ok.I think the DSE801 batteries are the best as far as classic pennstyles go.

I was never impressed with the Joye 302 pennstyle batteries ,or the Janty Kissbox batteries I guess they are behind on battery technology.Has anyone tried the DSE batteries for 510's the DSE 510 clone atty's are ok.I think the DSE801 batteries are the best as far as classic pennstyles go.

I have a DSE801 and today I recieved some 510 atty's in preparation of when my 510 kit arrives (like to have backups). Well, since I didn't have the 510 batts that will come in the kit, I discovered I had the little 510 to 801 brass connector that came with my VP-PT. So now Im vaping away with the penstyle batteries and my 510 atty's! Works like a champ hooked up to the cheap passthrus too while I wait on my VPPT to get back from the "repair shop"!!