DEJAVU Neon 80W TC Kit

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this review i take a look at the Neon 80W TC Kit from DEJAVU. The DJV Neon 80W TC Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Linky from Sacowin who is the parent company.

Introduction

The DJV brand is the brain child of Malaysian Youtuber and Vape Trickster Adrian Lo Dejavu. Being a Vaper his products try to deliver what vapers actually want and quite often offer something a little extra from the norm. The Neon Mod is a single 18650 80W device with Wattage, TC, Voltage and Curve modes. Its chassis is made of thick ABS giving a nice balance between being sturdy, having nice hand feel while being lightweight. The mod is paired with the Neon Tank which is both compatible with Smok Cloud Beast coils but also offers an RBA single build option turning it into an RTA. All packaged in a very convenient (many uses could be found for it) carry zip case, let's give the DJV Neon Kit a good look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x DEJAVU Neon MOD
1 x DEJAVU Neon Tank (4.5ml) 0.3ohm Coil
1 x RBA
1 x Fused Clapton
1 x Extra Glass Tube 2.5ml
Spare o-rings, grub screws etc
1 x Lanyard Tag
1 x USB Cable
Stickers
1 x Warranty Card
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Kit comes in large cardboard packaging and on opening you receive a very handy zipped carry case with everything neatly packed inside. Some pictures on the Internet show the device as quite colourful and all those pictures are the device with added stickers which you do receive but the device it'self comes in plain White or Black, i received the White version.

A plastic device and high build quality isn't something usually that sits well together but DJV have nailed it here with very thick ABS which i'm still keep checking the internet to finally find out it's actually metal of some sort as it feels such high quality and solid. Both sides have the DJV logo indented into the ABS and where the top meets the spine we have a small opening to receive a lanyard if that's your thing.

The Face of the device has a Black panel which includes central tinted screen, above the screen is a square fire button and below 2 smaller square navigational buttons that sit side by side, at the bottom is the micro USB port. On the base we have some manufacturing information and old school battery plate, then up top a small 510 plate that sits flush with Gold plated, spring loaded 510.

The device is quite lightweight and portable enough to be suitable for out and about, it's a box shape but all edging is curved and while being smaller than a dual battery device it does need pointing out that it's larger than most single battery devices!

DEJAVU Neon Tank Specs and Features

Size: 28 x 45mm
Capacity: 4.5ml/2.5ml
Coil: Mesh 0.3ohm Coil
RBA Coil: Single Coil
Bottom Airflow
TFV8 V8 Coil Compatible
Top-fill
Thread: 510
Colour: Black

Neon Tank Overview

The Neon Tank is bringing a bit more than just being a kit tank to the table as it's a very well made tank which i have really enjoyed testing and having the included RBA puts the icing on the cake.

The tank is quite short and with the bubble glass is 28mm at it's widest point with the base being 24mm. With the DJV mesh coil the capacity with the bubble glass is 4.5ml and 2.5ml with the straight glass but with the RBA chamber being larger than the coil i would estimate 4ml and 2ml when using the RBA.

The tank has top-fill with central threading so simply unscrew off the air pipe, the perimeter of the top-cap fits over both the fill plate and thick o-ring for a really good seal. It does mean unscrewing and then screwing the top-cap back in place after filling takes more time than the more popular bayonet method but like with any cons with this whole kit most will find quite petty. The fill plate has a walled perimeter as well as 3 kidney shaped fill ports so filling with any type of nozzle is a mess free experience. The drip tip is a smoked Goon fitting 810 which is rather nice but you can fit one of your own if you prefer.

The airflow control ring is tri cyclops delivering plenty of air to the base of the coil. The included coil i assume is Kanthal as that spec is not given and is a 0.3ohm single mesh coil with a rating between 20W and 40W. Another bonus is TFV8 V8 (Cloud Beast) coils also are compatible giving even more options.

İmageİmage
İmageİmage

Included RBA And Build

RBA's can be hit or miss but the one included here is superb and i would consider it to be more of an RTA conversion. The deck section gets screwed into the base which now gives you a floating deck. On one side we have 2 tall posts with generous sized terminals, your leads get fastened from above by screws at the top of the posts. Opposite the posts we have a lower arced airflow wall with 2 rows of honeycomb airflow, we also have an airflow outlet directly underneath where the coil will sit.

Because the airflow wall is lower than the posts the leads can be placed through the post holes easily without trimming first and then just slide the coil over the airflow wall so it can drop into position. Then simply fasten down and snip your leads and use a coiling rod or fit for purpose tool to position the coil exactly in the position you want, comparing it to other RBA's their is plenty of room and the build isn't fiddly at all, in fact i found it a doddle!

The supplied coil again i can only assume is Kanthal as no specs are given but it's a fused Clapton with 3.0ID but larger coils will fit no problem, my build came out at 0.29ohm. Wicking is simple being a floating deck, just cut your cotton ends long enough to poke into the channels without letting them hit the base of the tank. When the sleeve gets screwed onto the deck which then also screws onto the air pipe when the tank is screwed together a reduced chamber is formed, now simply fill the tank and you are ready to rock!

Neon Mod Specs and Features:

Size: 45 x 26 x 83mm
Battery: 1 x 18650(excluded)
Output Power: 5-80W
Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3.0ohm
TC Modes Supports: SS316/Ni200/Ti
Display: 0.96 IPS colour screen
MOD Material: ABS
Temperature Range: 200℉-600℉/ 100℃-300℃
Charging Parameters: DC 5V/2A
Input Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
Output Voltage: 1-8.0V
Working Mode: Power, Temp, Curve, Voltage
Thread: 510
Colour: Black, White

Fitting The Battery

The device accommodates a single 18650 battery which gets fitted by unscrewing the old school style battery plate on the base of the device. The plate has a central bar which can be used to unscrew with ease and the threading is nice and smooth. Orientation is marked on the underneath of the plate in Black on Silver so clearly visible and personally i still like this style of fitting a battery as no chance of damaging the wrap, good job!

İmageİmage

The Display

The Screen does have a tinted cover but the display is both bright and sharp and also both the brightness and colour can be altered in the menu. Central top we have the mode then underneath this the wattage, voltage or temperature depending which mode you are in.

Next we have the resistance then underneath the voltage unless in voltage mode which then displays wattage instead. Below voltage is the pre-heat and then we have a colour palette vape time progress bar and finally at the bottom an elongated battery status bar.

Operating The Neon

On a couple of pictures on the Sacowin website if shows the device with a Puff Counter but i have been using the device on and off for 3 weeks and just can't find a puff counter or anyway to activate one anywhere, also no mention in the manual so i assume it was originally going to have one but then their was a change of plan.

The device is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off and once on + and - together locks the navigational buttons but the device will still fire.

3 presses of the fire button brings up the menu all on just one screen where you can scroll through the items and fire selects. We first have the 4 modes which are Wattage, TC, Voltage and Curves and then we have brightness followed by a colour palette bar to choose the colour of the information on the screen between Green, Yellow, Red, Blue or White, Exit is at the bottom which takes you back to the working screen.

When in wattage mode pressing + and fire together causes the pre-heat to blink allowing it to be changed between Normal, Soft or High. Voltage mode is simply a case of altering the voltage, in TC mode pressing + and fire together allows you to choose which TC wire you are using. Also in TC mode pressing - and fire together allows you to change between temperature unit and wattage to set your wattage for temp control. When using curves + and fire allows you to select between M1, M2 and M3 and - and fire together brings up the 5 second curve for you to set simply by using the navigational buttons to adjust and fire to select.

That's it! plenty of mode options and some customisation available while still keeping operating the device relatively simple!

My Experience And Thoughts!

Apart from the device not having Type C USB, not having a quicker bayonet fitting top-cap making filling very quick and it being quite large for a single 18650 device their really isn't a lot to find fault with and certainly in my opinion no glaringly obvious deal breakers. I suppose unless there is going to be a firmware upgrade adding a puff counter that could be if a puff counter is important to you but that's all as far as i can tell.

The device is a real consistent performer, i didn't test TC as i don't have the equipment to give detailed information but wattage, voltage and curve modes all worked great, it fires instantly with immediate ramp up, it just impressed me all round!

The Neon Tank doesn't let the device down, loads of smooth airflow if that's what you like but it closes down for whatever restriction you prefer while remaining smooth throughout. The supplied 0.3ohm mesh coil i found best with just a third of the airflow open at 30W and the cloud for just 30W is quite amazing and no flavour trade off as it's easily above average. Having compatibility with Cloud Beast coils also gives more options which can't be a bad thing.

As mentioned the RBA as good as turns the Neon into a single coil RTA with floating deck, the build and wicking was a doddle and the included fused clapton which came out at 0.29ohm i found i only needed 25W for a cloud chucking flavour banger! very impressed.

Because of the bevelled edging over 24mm atty's won't look perfect and over 26mm will just look wrong so not suitable for large atty's but then it's a 80W device so again not really an issue. Although i personally never recommend charging your batteries in the device unless it's your only option it does support 2A charging and is also firmware upgradeable.

İmageİmage

Conclusion

Very good mod, very good tank, excellent kit! Will need to decide on retiring a set-up in my rotation as this will be added!

Best build quality ABS device i have tested
Solid and durable
Can decorate with included stickers
Loads included
Comes in handy Zip carry case
Portable and quite light
No sharp edges
Wattage, TC, Voltage and Curve modes
Sharp, bright display, brightness can be adjusted
Screen colour can be changed
Fires instantly with immediate ramp up
Old school battery plate, orientation clearly marked
Proving to be consistent reliable performer
Easy to operate
Very high quality included tank
Supplied coil gave above average flavour and loads of cloud
Tri cyclops delivers plenty of airflow
Smooth airflow across the board
Cloud Beast coil compatible
Impressive RBA (more like an RTA conversion)
Very easy build and wick
Included 3.0ID Fused clapton 0.3ohm
Great flavour and loads of cloud at just 25W with build
Spare straight glass
Supports 2A charging
Firmware Upgradeable

Cons

Quite large for single 18650 device
Long threading on top-cap
No puff counter (not an issue for most)
Not Type C USB
Only up to 24mm fit perfectly (although up to 26mm look ok)

I would like to thank Linky from Sacowin for supplying the DEJAVU Neon 80W TC Kit for the purpose of this review.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines