Rockstar Vape Ltd - 5 Flavours

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this e-liquid review i take a look at 5 flavours from RockStar Vape Ltd. The flavours were picked from their various premium ranges and supplied for the purpose of this review by Kirstie from Rockstar Vape Ltd.

Introduction

Rockstar are based in the East Midlands UK which pleases me as Coalville is not far from my hometown of Swadlincote so it's great for me to review products from the area i grew up in and still have family, where people still help people out without expecting something in return.

Rockstar have become popular with their budget range of e-liquids, 120ml for just £9.99 with offers from time to time like buy 2 get 1 free and buy 5 get 3 free so it's obvious to see why. Their 120ml budget e-liquids are 120ml 0mg but you can choose 1.5mg, 3mg or 6mg. Room is left in the bottle for the relevant nic shots and the juice is made stronger to compensate for the appropriate nic shot dilution. After releasing a total of 78 flavours in their budget range Rockstar have now released both a shortfill 100ml Keep it Cloudy range and 50ml shortfill premium range consisting of 26 flavours.

The Rockstar premium range is actually split into 5 sub collections which are:

FIZZ Collection
FRUITILICIOUS Collection
ICE Collection
ICE-CREAM Collection
Ultimate Collection

The premium range of e-liquids from Rockstar are shortfills consisting of 50ml of e-liquid in a 60ml Gorilla bottle leaving space for a nic shot to be added to give you a 3mg strength e-liquid. The Ratio of all the e-liquids in the range is 70% Vegetable Glycerine, 30% Propylene Glycol Flavouring. I received the following 5 flavours from the premium range:

Appleberry - Fruitilicious Collection

Red Stare - Ultimate Collection

Tropical - Fizz Collection

Heisenblue - Ultimate Collection

Wrong image given on website!

Banana Caramel - Ice Cream Collection

Testing Equipment

I added a nic shot to each of the 5 flavours making them 3mg strength and tested the flavours on 2 different set-ups.

The first set-up was the Geekvape Ammit MTL RTA on the Lost Vape Mirage using a simple Kanthal round wire micro coil 1.2ohm resistance at 15W.

The second set-up was using the Vapefly Jester with the rebuildable pod. The coil specs were KA1 ID 2.0mm 1.0ohm 28ga and i used on the middle (Blue) setting.

The cotton used was jellyfish.

İmageİmage

The pictures are of the equipment used but not at the time of testing!

Appleberry

On opening the bottle the aroma is Apple up front with Blackberry very evident in the background. The inhale is dominated by a crisp tangy Green and Sweet Red Apple medley with berries led by blackberry sitting in the background but Raspberry is also identifiable. The exhale sees the tangyness of the Green apple dominate while Red apple merges with the berries in the background. The aftertaste see's a resurgence of both Red Apple and Sweetened Blackberry leaving a very nice fruity sweet taste that lingers. Very nice!

SCORE: 9.0/10

Red Stare

The Aroma is Aniseed with Red Berries with a hint of menthol. I am not a Menthol fan but i actually like this as it's not overdone and i love Anise which is the dominant flavour which is complimented well by Red fruit. The inhale has a good mixture of Raspberries, Redcurrant and Anise with a hint of Menthol but the Exhale is Aniseed all the way just being complimented by merged Red fruits, if anything the Menthol is slightly more powerful on the Exhale but still kept in check by the Anise. This juice leaves a really nice Aniseed aftertaste that lingers for quite a while.

SCORE: 9.5/10

Tropical

I like this take on a Tropical e-liquid, usually the Tropical flavours i have tried are Mango mixed with fruits like Passion fruit and Dragon fruit but this juice is entirely different. The aroma is a mix of tinned Peach and Pineapple with just a hint of citrus. The inhale see's an authentic tinned Peach taking centre stage while Pineapple accompanies it well, a hint of Kiwi sits nice and subtle in the background. The exhale see's the Kiwi come much more evident along with a tingling effect on the tongue without upstaging the Peach and sweet Pineapple, the hint of citrus evident in the aroma just doesn't materialise. The aftertaste is Peach and Pineapple and is very sweet as well as the tingling effect on the tongue being now very evident. A very nice e-liquid!

SCORE: 9.25/10

Heisenblue

The Aroma is a 50/50 mix of very fruity with Blueberry prominent and Menthol. the Menthol is consistent throughout the inhale and exhale and just slightly overdone for my liking, but bare in mind i'm not a fan of menthol flavours. The Inhale along with the menthol is a mixture of fruits with both Blueberry and Raspberry very evident. On the Exhale although the menthol is just as evident Blueberry is much stronger overpowering the rest of the fruit and the taste becomes much sweeter. The aftertaste is much of the same with Menthol lingering longest. Menthol lovers may like this, i'm not too keen!

SCORE: 7.5/10

Banana Caramel

On opening the bottle the aroma is almost a Banoffee smell with just a hint of Vanilla. Banana and Caramel is from the Ice-Cream Collection and one i was looking forward to trying being a Banana flavour fan. The ice-cream is creamy vanilla, Cornish clotted ice-cream comes to mind but sits in the background so the Vanilla doesn't overpower but just complements the Banana and authentic Caramel sauce. On the inhale Banana dominates and if this was from an ice-cream van i would be asking for more sauce but it seems like the juice is listening because on the exhale the Caramel shines so despite being for the most part Banana dominant the aftertaste is mostly sweet Caramel with a hint of Banana, it's lush.

SCORE: 9/10

Final Thoughts

I really enjoyed trying these 5 flavours from Rockstar and the only flavour that wasn't to my liking was Heisenblue which actually will appeal to Menthol lovers but not for me. The picks were Red Stare and Tropical although both Banana Caramel and Appleberry were also very nice!

I would once again like to thank Kirstie from Rockstar Vape Ltd for supplying the 5 flavours for the purpose of this review.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines