Ultroner - Oner - Stabalised Wood Pod Device

timwis

Hi Vapor Talk members, In this review i take a look at the Oner pod device from Ultroner. The Oner pod device was supplied for the purpose of this review by SAC who deals with marketing for Ultroner and 3 other vaping manufacturers.

<Removed spammy banner>

Introduction

Ultroner are known for their affordable stabwood devices and long standing partnership (which has now expired) with Asmodus and have just released a few products independently four of which i have reviewed recently. Here we look at another Ultroner device, the Oner which is Ultroner's first open pod system and has the same stunning stabwood finish as previous products. The Oner is a simple draw activated pod device which has battery status indication and accommodates a 2ml capacity pod which in turn houses a 1.5ohm ceramic coil. I love the name The Oner but is it really? let's see!

In The Box

Contents:

1x Oner Pod Battery (with fitted pod)
1x Refillable Pod
1x Storage Bag
1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Oner comes in a large square flat flip open cardboard container with a viewing window the same shape and size as the device. The colour options are listed as Red, Blue and Green but due to the characteristics of Hybrid Stabwood all devices are unique, the one i received as a main colour of Blue. The device is a fat cigar shape making it very ergonomic and along with the gorgeous stabwood finish is very aesthetically pleasing. The tinted pod is also a cylindrical shape but flattens centrally to give a flat mouthpiece. Between the pod and main stabwood finish we have a Stainless Steel Band we also have a Stainless Steel base. The base section has printed branding and safety stamps and centrally positioned is the micro USB port. Finally between the base and stabwood body we have a black band very similar to an o-ring in appearance, this band is actually translucent and lights up to give battery status indication.

Receipt Case

Also included is an handmade pure leather, cowhide Receipt case!

Oner Specifications:

Size: 102x 20mm
Material: SS + Stabilized Wood
Built-in 380mAh battery
Wattage range: 5- 12W
Maximum output voltage: 4.2V
Output Voltage 2.8v - 4.2v
Charging time: 1 hour
Pod capacity: 2.0ml (Refillable)
Coil: Ceramic 1.5ohm
Colours: Blue, Red, Green (each one unique)

The Pod

The pod is tinted and cylindrical in shape with a 2ml capacity which is very good for a low power pod device. The section that enters the device is perfectly round while the mouth section flattens out to be comfortable between the lips. As mentioned the pod is tinted but i didn't have any issues seeing the juice level so i don't see as an issue. On the side of the lower round section there is a silicone section which lifts one side to reveal a fill port. The fill port is tiny and really i feel a needle nosed fill bottle should of been included as filling with any other type of nozzle can get a bit messy!
Moving to the base of the pod we have a central hole that leads to the membrane switch with positive surround this in turn has a magnetic negative surround. The pod houses a 1.5ohm Ceramic coil and has a fixed airflow and i'm pleased to see you get supplied with 2 pods.

Fitting The Pod

The bay for the pod is very deep so not the best light to see inside, we have a very small opening to the membrane switch and the 2 Gold plated, spring loaded contacts, any air getting to the pod will be from it not being an air tight seal.
When fitting the pod you can feel the magnetic pull and it fits very securely, however the pod does turn freely which although doesn't effect vaping it will still bug some people.

Operating The Oner

The Oner is for those that prefer simple devices as it is a simple draw activated device with no physical button so no adjustability. When fitting the pod the LED band above the base cycles through the colours Green, Blue, Red and when removing the pod it flashes Red 3 times, the device can't be switched on or off so simply take a draw to vape. During operation the device shows battery status indication by what colour the band lights while taking a draw, the battery status indications are the following:

Green 80-100%
Blue 50-79%
Red 20-49%
Pulsing Red Below 20%

The LED band also flashes various colours when a safety protection kicks in and while charging which is done via the USB port the device also gives indications that follow the same pattern as the battery status, once fully charged the light goes out.

My Experience Using The Oner

The first thing to say is what a gorgeous looking pod device, but how did i find it? The answer is a mixed bag really with certain things that tick boxes but not so good in other areas.
The device has no adjustable airflow but then 90% of pod devices don't and it's a simple draw activated direct output device so no adjustability and the vape weakens as the voltage on the battery drops. The battery does go right down to 2.8v before you need to charge so with this low battery cutoff along with a 1.5ohm coil housed in the pod means the 380mAh battery is not as puny as it sounds although to be honest i found the vape became too weak and charged before the device demanded (i charged with 20% left on the battery).
For most of the battery life it gave a decent vape and is one for the tighter MTL vapers as it gives a tight cigarette type draw which very few pod devices tend to do although you would think they would. Battery status indications also are very good with the 20% flashing warning essentially giving it four tiers which are nicely spread out.
So i love the looks, it has a really good draw for the tighter MTL vapers, it has very good battery status indication, 2ml capacity and i had no issues seeing the juice level. However filling can be messy unless using a needle nose bottle as the pod has a very small fill port, battery life could be better, the vape weakens along with the battery and the flavour isn't the greatest.
The pod just doesn't seem to fully break in although over time the flavour gets better and the pod lasts a good few refills before i considered it spent but it's as if the cotton is giving a taste that never fully disappears which mutes the flavour so unless both pods i received are bad ones and not typical (which is possible) maybe they should look at the wicking of the pods as it seems to be this masking the flavour rather than the flavour the ceramic coil is actually giving (actually their is plenty of flavour just also an alien taste).
With needing to charge before the battery had run completely down i found the life to be fair but far from great, because i charged with 20% of the battery life remaining it took 45 minutes and from completely discharged it takes about 1 hour which is acceptable.

Excellent build quality
Stunning stabwood main body
Each device unique
Ergonomic fat cigar form
Pod fits securely
2ml Capacity
LED light ring
Battery and charging status indications (done very well)
Really nice Cigarette type MTL draw
2 Pods included
Can see juice level
Included Leather Receipt case

Cons

Pods don't give the greatest flavour
Pod freely turns when fitted (doesn't effect vaping so will either bug you or not)
Direct output (vape weakens along with the battery)
Very small fill port
Battery life could be better
No adjustable airflow (although it's a bonus if a pod system has this)

İmageİmage

I would once again like to thank SAC who supplied the Oner on behalf of Ultroner for the purpose of this review.

Edited by Tam
Huge banner from supply company removed.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines