Flavors V Atomizers

Just a thought...

I have been hearing many different points of view regarding changing flavors in an atomizer. So far I have kept my attys going with flavors that I thought would transition well together. This has been working pretty well for me but I am finding that some of my juices are getting pushed to the back of the drawer because of this. If I want to pull a 180 on flavor with an atty I will blow it out and refill with the new flavor.

I had a thought yesterday. If you wanted to change flavors, would it be freezable to drop some straight PG or VG, vape that for a few pulls then ad the new juice? Has anyone tried this? Would straight no flavor juice 'cleanse the pallet' so to speak?

Horanld, I see you're in Chicago, so saying "freezable" must have been Freudian! I'm up here in Milwaukee, freezing a little myself. I always "break in" my atomizers with straight VG, weather they're new, or after a cleaning. It certainly won't hurt them at all to use either VG or PG straight, but I think for flavor changes, I'd at least blow out any old juice, let the atty sit standing up on a paper towel overnight, then some PG of VG, and then the new juice.

Horanld, I see you're in Chicago, so saying "freezable" must have been Freudian! I'm up here in Milwaukee, freezing a little myself. I always "break in" my atomizers with straight VG, weather they're new, or after a cleaning. It certainly won't hurt them at all to use either VG or PG straight, but I think for flavor changes, I'd at least blow out any old juice, let the atty sit standing up on a paper towel overnight, then some PG of VG, and then the new juice.

Ha. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the spell check. Thanks for the insight and indeed it is freezing but not as bad as upstate NY where I was over the holidays.

Great I'll be heading to upstate New York in a few days :lol:

For the most part there isn't much you can do to get the taste out of an atomizer other than running it under some water and letting it dry over night. (Something I don't really recommend unless you really have to do) For the most part you just have to vape out the flavor until it's gone. If I want to switch flavors I'll usually vape the flavor I have until there isn't much vapor left, then finally switch to the new flavor. Within about 6 more drags the old flavor is normally gone.

I just get a clean one out and put the old one in the to be cleaned container.I change at least weekly more often if I am switching to a noncomplimenery flavor.When three or four dirty ones I clean them.

Yeah, I am all about some menthol, but I notice no matter what flavor I use after using menthol I will still taste the menthol mixed with the other flavor. Should I just use a different atty for non menthol flavors if I don't want to taste the menthol in that particular flavor? How do I clean an atty to get rid of the menthol flavor sticking to it. I don't want to damage my atty before it's time. :) I think it sticks to the fillers, too so I am going to have to buy some sort of fresh filler to use in me carts. I'm trying to re-use the carts I already have, but I ordered menthol to come with my e-cig. Yay for menthol, but I want to try some flavors in their pure form, too. lol Any suggestions?

Yeah, I am all about some menthol, but I notice no matter what flavor I use after using menthol I will still taste the menthol mixed with the other flavor. Should I just use a different atty for non menthol flavors if I don't want to taste the menthol in that particular flavor? How do I clean an atty to get rid of the menthol flavor sticking to it. I don't want to damage my atty before it's time. :) I think it sticks to the fillers, too so I am going to have to buy some sort of fresh filler to use in me carts. I'm trying to re-use the carts I already have, but I ordered menthol to come with my e-cig. Yay for menthol, but I want to try some flavors in their pure form, too. lol Any suggestions?

Hi christania, you probably want an atty & cart just for your menthol since you say you dont want to mix the flavors. As far as fresh filler, people use tea bags & fish filters. Look in the e-cig mod section for all sorts of info on cart fillers. Good luck.

I use a clean atty every day, so I don't have a problem with changing the flavor of my all day vape. I agree with what everyone is saying about the menthol but I seem to be able to mix the other stuff okay. If I want to get an unmixed flavor. I would just take off my all day 510 atty and use one of my 801s. I plan on having about three clean atties to use each day to be able to vape three unmixed flavors a day.

Edited by Schizophretard

Well I was never a "Menthol" guy as it pertains to analog cig's but it is good vaping I tell you!

I have been thinking about trying Menthol but my problem is I hate all mints. I cant even use it with toothpaste. I have to get the cinnamon or orange flavored toothpaste. I was wondering the other day why I hate mint so much and the only thing I can come up with is; when I was a child I had a nanny that forced me to drink a glass of orange juice every morning right after I brushed my teeth. Eckkkk!

I have been thinking about trying Menthol but my problem is I hate all mints. I cant even use it with toothpaste. I have to get the cinnamon or orange flavored toothpaste. I was wondering the other day why I hate mint so much and the only thing I can come up with is; when I was a child I had a nanny that forced me to drink a glass of orange juice every morning right after I brushed my teeth. Eckkkk!

Isnt that just the worst!!! Anything after brushing your teeth sucks ***! LOL I wonder if they make unflavored toothpaste?? Maybe we need to go into bidness!!

lmao!! I'm the same way when it comes to minty candy or toothpaste!! I have cinnamon toothpaste :D but I LOVE menthol cigs and now e-juice. You'd think I wouldn't like menthol, but it's not exactly like the candy and whatnot to me. can't stand peppermint stuff. weird, hunh?

True that! The menthol does tend to stick around for a long time in an atomizer. :lol:

And DIY flavorshack Clove.. that'll numb your mouth for hours, after a mouthwash bath, water rinse, and overnight dry. :(