Question About Passthroughs

beboe76

Im looking around trying to find a passthrough for the Joye 510 I have coming to me. I dont really care about the usb part of it, I was interested in one I could plug into the wall. Everything I am finding is just the usb style. So, here is my question..... I have an ipod and I have the wall charger that I plug the usb cord into to charge it when Im not using a pc. Can I just plug the usb passthrough into that and vape? If not, where do I find one that plugs into a regular outlet? Hope this doesnt seem like too dumb of a question, lol!

Looks like nana did give you the simple answer. I would do some research on passthroughs first before you decide on which one to buy though. I know a lot of the chinese-made passthroughs are pretty much crap and not worth wasting your money on. I would recommend getting the VP Passthrough. It's American made and well built. It might be a bit strong for beginners because it runs at a higher voltage than ecig batteries, so just be a bit careful at first. A bit pricier than the chinese PTs, but well worth the money. It comes with a bunch of accessories including a wall adapter, so it might be something you're looking for. Hope this helps.

Like Nana already posted Yes. My 510 passthrough works great with the ipod adapter for the wall and car.

The only problem i had was with my VP/PT--ordered a more powerful one from the VT store for that.

PCC is a must--just keep in mind the PCC is meant for the regular 510's and won't charge the megas with the lid closed.

Personally I would skip the megas (have a couple--they are ok)-with the PCC they are not necessary

Save for the PV/PT--now that is a seriously mean piece of vaping equipment--make sure you get the car adapter too.

Roger on the mega batteries. Not worth the money in MHO. But the PCC is worth every penny. It charges faster than a wall charger, too.

And, yes, get a VP-PT ASAP! It comes with a 510 adapter so you can use your 510 atty. It's freakin' AWESOME!

PCC is a must--just keep in mind the PCC is meant for the regular 510's and won't charge the megas with the lid closed.

Personally I would skip the megas (have a couple--they are ok)-with the PCC they are not necessary

Save for the PV/PT--now that is a seriously mean piece of vaping equipment--make sure you get the car adapter too.

ooops--VP/PT

Beboe... mypvshop.com sells a 510 passthrough at a very economical price, about $17.00. They also sell a wall adaptor that passthrough for about $7. The wall adaptor, however, will not work for other passthroughs, or at least it didn't work on the protegy passthrough I had, probably because of greater power needs.

I agree with the other poster, however. While the 510 passthrough is good, the VP Passthrough is absolutely the best! So, get the 510 passthrough if money is a concern, but when you are able, move up to the VP passthrough. You won't regret it. If you get the VP Passthrough, you can always use the 510 passthrough as a spare.

Edited to add: At mypvshop.com, use coupon code 10FOR2010 to get 10% off your entire order.

Edited by dlynne

• 3 weeks later...

I had some 5 volt 1 amp power supplies for network hubs I no longer use .I cut some usb extension cord in half and put the socket half on the power supply and used the plug half on my homemade passthroughs.