Ok So Im Cheating A Lil.

SO, since ive quit smoking almost 4 months ago i sometimes run into little binds like my batterys run out at band practice or what not. So ill usually bum one smoke and then just wait till i get home. Well two of my bandmates smoke cigars, the other smokes cigs. So one time my batterys ran out i asked to bum a cigar instead. I figured, hell, they are both bad for you, least i can look like Al Capone while i play my guitar! B)

Well on new years i always have a cigar right after the ball drops, its a tradition of mine. This new years i bought me and a friend a few stogies for the occasion and had a good time. Well today i went to the store and seen some $1.50 cigars and i figured id pick one up. Well i just got done huffin on it for a while, deff doesnt compare to my VT Grape soda as far as flavor, but i find it quite relaxing and pleasant. I dont plan on becoming a full time Cigar smoker at all, but i guess its nice to cheat every once and a while. :innocent:

SO, since ive quit smoking almost 4 months ago i sometimes run into little binds like my batterys run out at band practice or what not. So ill usually bum one smoke and then just wait till i get home. Well two of my bandmates smoke cigars, the other smokes cigs. So one time my batterys ran out i asked to bum a cigar instead. I figured, hell, they are both bad for you, least i can look like Al Capone while i play my guitar! cool.gif

Well on new years i always have a cigar right after the ball drops, its a tradition of mine. This new years i bought me and a friend a few stogies for the occasion and had a good time. Well today i went to the store and seen some $1.50 cigars and i figured id pick one up. Well i just got done huffin on it for a while, deff doesnt compare to my VT Grape soda as far as flavor, but i find it quite relaxing and pleasant. I dont plan on becoming a full time Cigar smoker at all, but i guess its nice to cheat every once and a while. innocent.gif

Smoking a stogie (or Switzer Sweet) for celebratory reasons is certainly not cheating -- well not in my book anyway.

I often have a stogie after a fabulous round of golf, or when shootin' a little pool with my pals. And of course when sitting around the campfire with some nice port. And in Mexico while fishing Bahía de Banderas - - woowah!! All in all i have probably only had 10-12 cigars all year = certainly not cheating!!

I would call it a guilty pleasure icecream.gif

I don't necessarily count cigars as smoking since I really rarely inhale cigars, except those minis like Switzer Sweet. But, I can understand your plight, I was down to a single 901 battery and it died constantly, thanks to thesmokingman for selling me a few used batteries for the 901 he wasn't using anymore. Practically saved me. :)

Technically, your not really smoking too much, so I don't really see it as cheating, Sin. :devil:

What good is living if we don't cheat--if you enjoy them, then its not really cheating. Its a conscious choice to enjoy being alive !!!

Sinikal--Just curious--noticed in your interests your like tattoos--tattooist or just being tattooed (or both). My daughter loves her tattoos (I do too)--she designed her own.

My sister-in-law is friends with Art Fuente and she's constantly bringing me cigars. I'm not a huge fan but I would never want to hurt her feelings. Vaping and smoking are like dieting to me. I can't say I'll never have another cigar or analog. Just like you can't say you'll never have another chocolate cookie. So what if you have a smoke or two? It's not like you won't mostly vape. I don't see it as an all-or-nothing thing.

I think we beat ourselves up too much by buying in to the "cold turkey" thing. If you want a cigar, I say you have one. Then you'll realized "Damn these things taste like SH**!" and vape up some Dulcis to get the taste out of your mouth! :icecream:

I would call it a guilty pleasure icecream.gif

Hey Vacker! Wow you smoke cigars?! I only thought men did that haha. Definitely is a guilty pleasure.

Technically, your not really smoking too much, so I don't really see it as cheating, Sin. :devil:

Thanks Steven! Now i dont feel so bad :whistle:

What good is living if we don't cheat--if you enjoy them, then its not really cheating. Its a conscious choice to enjoy being alive !!!

Sinikal--Just curious--noticed in your interests your like tattoos--tattooist or just being tattooed (or both). My daughter loves her tattoos (I do too)--she designed her own.

Well said kitsune! Heh, im a tattoo artist for a living. And yes i like getting tattood ;)

If you want a cigar, I say you have one. Then you'll realized "Damn these things taste like SH**!" and vape up some Dulcis to get the taste out of your mouth! :icecream:

Hahaha! Mmmmmm Dulcis :dribble:

Too bad you don't live in FL because I'm looking to get another one soon. My bud got a traditional one in Thailand. OUCH! It's the monkey god and looks way cool!

Here's a picture:

post-998-126281954926_thumb.jpg

post-998-126281954926_thumb.jpg

This is the latest one my daughter designed and had tattooed. being a good mom, I thought the first version was too small--ankle wrap--instead now it covers the whole front of her lower leg--turned out gorgeous. She is currently designing one for me--could never decide on a design--figured it would be fitting to have her art permanently on me.

Shame on you Sin! hahaha jk. I suppose there's nothing wrong with having a smoke here and there. Question is, do you reset your smokefree banner when you do? Wait...what happened to yours? I thought you had one LOL. I think my banner is what keeps me from giving in to temptation. I don't want to have to reset it. That and a friend of mine would put me on a huge guilt trip :rofl:

Too bad you don't live in FL because I'm looking to get another one soon. My bud got a traditional one in Thailand. OUCH! It's the monkey god and looks way cool!

Neat, i wonder if they did it in the traditional way as well. Judging by the quality of the lines it looks like it might have been done old fashioned. Cool design though!

This is the latest one my daughter designed and had tattooed. being a good mom, I thought the first version was too small--ankle wrap--instead now it covers the whole front of her lower leg--turned out gorgeous. She is currently designing one for me--could never decide on a design--figured it would be fitting to have her art permanently on me.

Wow thats some very nice work. I love the style of her art! Very nice tattoo.

Shame on you Sin! hahaha jk. I suppose there's nothing wrong with having a smoke here and there. Question is, do you reset your smokefree banner when you do? Wait...what happened to yours? I thought you had one LOL. I think my banner is what keeps me from giving in to temptation. I don't want to have to reset it. That and a friend of mine would put me on a huge guilt trip :rofl:

Lol i still have my banner linked in my profile! I cant believe how much money i have saved so far!